Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If CCB had passed, would our Credit Rating have been cut?
Yes, it still would have. We're just in too deep. 55 36.18%
No. It would have shown we were serious about getting spending under control. 93 61.18%
I don't care, I want to keep spending like it's 1999. 4 2.63%
Voters: 152. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 09:28 AM

20,410 posts, read 12,311,635 times

Advertisements

Barak Obama held ultimate power for the first two years of his presidency. He had a democrat controlled house that utterly blocked the minority. He had a senate with enough democrats to block filibusters

He got every bit of legislation he wanted and he told us his economic plan would keep unemployment below 8%.

The Tea Party didn’t stop Obama and the democrats from doing a single thing where the economy is concerned.

The Liberals have NOTHING to stand on so they have to blame someone else for their failure. It just cannot be their policy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2011, 09:30 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,414,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
These postings by lefties are getting beyond pathetic, a pure sign of desperation that you dont want to admit liberal falure.
That is exactly what it is. I think it is extremely entertaining, sad, but entertaining. It gives you a glimpse into the mind of a brainwashed sheep.

Old 08-03-2011, 09:32 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,230,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berniewillmont View Post
HOLY COW!! These progressives are hot stuff.

The Democrats own the Senate and Executive branches yet they are going to blame a small minority in the house. HOLY COW- they are so FN CLueless
And that is why liberals never learn their lesson.
Stuff doesn't fail because of bad decisions..stuff fails because of "the other guy".

Old 08-03-2011, 09:33 AM

69,368 posts, read 63,918,092 times
I thought the tea partiers had no power, they were couldnt do anything, now they are being blamed for a massive collapse in the economy. Which is it liberals?

Old 08-03-2011, 09:34 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,302,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
The desperation level has reached DEFCON 4 in the Progressive camp I see.
DEFCON4, aka Panic Buttlock.

Old 08-03-2011, 09:35 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,199,409 times
Quote:
Another left wing ranting and raving postings with absolutely no facts. Tell me again what the tea party did to cause an economic collapse and causing people to become unemployed.. These postings by lefties are getting beyond pathetic, a pure sign of desperation that you dont want to admit liberal falure.
Honestly, I don't think liberals have failed at all.

Don't know what is going on in other areas . . . but here where I live . . . folks still have their vouchers, Medicaid, WIC, food stamps, free daycare, and many are using their vouchers as downpayment on houses. HUD regs are allowing them to qualify for loans even if they haven't worked in over 2 years (and use their vouchers to pay for the mortgage) . . .

SO that seems like a good deal to me.

I have watched the folks around me lose their jobs in 2008, then end up going thru/ foreclosure . . .while the welfare recipients are able to use their gubment vouchers to go buy house, even tho they are not working - and no worries about paying the mortgage cause Uncle Sam is paying it.

Now, I would say . . . that is a helluva set up.

Looks like Liberals haven't "lost" a damn thing.

Old 08-03-2011, 09:36 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,414,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
DEFCON4, aka Panic Buttlock.
That buttlock is as tight as a frog's a$$ which is water tight!

Old 08-03-2011, 09:36 AM

4,298 posts, read 4,394,338 times
Woooohooooo!!! Bring it on drama queens!!!

Old 08-03-2011, 09:52 AM

69,368 posts, read 63,918,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Honestly, I don't think liberals have failed at all.

Don't know what is going on in other areas . . . but here where I live . . . folks still have their vouchers, Medicaid, WIC, food stamps, free daycare, and many are using their vouchers as downpayment on houses. HUD regs are allowing them to qualify for loans even if they haven't worked in over 2 years (and use their vouchers to pay for the mortgage) . . .

SO that seems like a good deal to me.

I have watched the folks around me lose their jobs in 2008, then end up going thru/ foreclosure . . .while the welfare recipients are able to use their gubment vouchers to go buy house, even tho they are not working - and no worries about paying the mortgage cause Uncle Sam is paying it.

Now, I would say . . . that is a helluva set up.

Looks like Liberals haven't "lost" a damn thing.
All of those examples prove that liberalism failed. If it was so successful, there wouldnt be such a high need for them, nor would they allow people to use taxpayer welfare income, to pay for mortgages. No mortgage company in their right mind would approve of that, without that other liberal program called government guarantees.

Old 08-03-2011, 09:56 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,199,409 times
Quote:
All of those examples prove that liberalism failed. If it was so successful, there wouldnt be such a high need for them, nor would they allow people to use taxpayer welfare income, to pay for mortgages. No mortgage company in their right mind would approve of that, without that other liberal program called government guarantees.
Of course, I agree with you (failed policies) but you gotta admit . . . it does give pause to those of us who have spent our lives busting our asses and doing things "the right way."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies