Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 01:08 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I do not know if they read it not, they never indicated such one way or the other, they just said what was on their mind, their right as it is when righties do the same. MY post was to a poster that felt the need to call someone a dirty name, which FYI is against the TOS and shows a lack of class in my Opinion and I voiced my Opinion of their post to them. I assume you were ok with their post.
Casper
You haven't read my post about how we may get along yet, so I will just say that I try not to use that kind of name calling, myself, and don't get too excited when anyone calls me that kind of names.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2011, 01:09 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
You are right, in what you say, but how many atheists aren't Democrats in nature compared to Republicans? I consider them to be very supportive of Democrats on all things that don't involve religion. Hell, I think their little deal is a cult of religionists so I guess the Dems have a very wild religious group in their ranks.
You know, this is really how the religious right have ruined the GOP.

Do you have any idea how many atheists, people of other religions, gay people, etc, vote democrat BECAUSE they are so offended by the religious right? And how many of them would probably be more aligned with the GOP if the religious right was booted?

We lose a lot of good people because we pander to these nincompoops.

Old 08-03-2011, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Stem Cell research is the future for medicine........ It has far more credibility than funding the space prog. for example and should be funded by our tax Dollar.
Let me say that I don't think you have any idea how many technological things we have going today because of the space program. We are talking to each other with one of them right now. Algore couldn't have invented the internet when he did if not for the space program and their research in development of small computers.

That list is so long that I really wonder if the study of embryonic stem cells will ever catch up. I keep seeing all that stuff about the promise of that field of research but those who talk that way never admit that the other direction of stem cell research has come with many more successes.

Old 08-03-2011, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Sure. But why cut off federal money? Do you know how much stupid crappy useless research gets money from the government?

What it IS is more injection of religious crap into politics.
I will have to say that I didn't disagree when the Bush administration stopped that line of research as far as federal money is concerned. The Dems have been in control of Congress for over 4 years and Obama and Dems were for two years and nothing in the way of money seems to have been put out to this line of research.

Oh well, we are very far from the original topic so I will let you others argue about stem cell research.

Old 08-03-2011, 01:16 PM

Quote:
You know, this is really how the religious right have ruined the GOP.

Do you have any idea how many atheists, people of other religions, gay people, etc, vote democrat BECAUSE they are so offended by the religious right? And how many of them would probably be more aligned with the GOP if the religious right was booted?

We lose a lot of good people because we pander to these nincompoops.
Sorry, but I don't see your point. I do see lots of liberals bragging about how they win all those fringe people because of religion but I don't worry about religion until some prog comes at me about it.

Old 08-03-2011, 01:17 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,474,269 times
Well I read the article and it pretty much sums up what i expected, moderate conservatives and moderate liberals are actually quite close to each other when it comes to living their lives day to day. The only difference is when the vote for the most part. When we can get past the "liberals are this" and "conservatives are this" then we can talk. Unfortunately, as evidenced by the forum far too many tiimes, we can't. But I guess that's just the nature of people, come to some internet forum that leans their way to stand on their internet soapbox and yell as loud and divisively as they can.

Old 08-03-2011, 01:18 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
You and I disagree on many things only because we take sides and sometimes that is detrimental to it all. The only time I really come at you is when you play that message/messenger game and try to make me look bad for whatever reason. Try doing what Hawkins says and see what happens.
I do in my daily life all the time, it is the only way to go through life. As for discussion boards I try and give what I get, those that I disagree with whether left or right get respect so long as they give it, once they do not I play by the rules they prefer, had enough knock down drag outs on these boards to know that is the ONLY way to go. The good old days when most of us first started on these sorts of boards are dead an gone, sadly. I blame much of that on the extremists and the last two Presidential elections, things went way too far from all sides and two much water passed under the bridge to ever go back, at least for me.
Casper

Old 08-03-2011, 01:23 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,289,159 times
Quote:
Sure. But why cut off federal money? Do you know how much stupid crappy useless research gets money from the government?

What it IS is more injection of religious crap into politics.
It's Conservative holding back progression of a First World economy because of a need to bring religion into everything.

Quote:
You haven't read my post about how we may get along yet, so I will just say that I try not to use that kind of name calling, myself, and don't get too excited when anyone calls me that kind of names.
No, you're more subtle when you do your constant attacks.

Old 08-03-2011, 01:27 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
It's Conservative holding back progression of a First World economy because of a need to bring religion into everything.
What I'm trying to say is that is not a core conservative thing.
That is a thing with the religious glom-ons who have ruined our party.

Old 08-03-2011, 01:28 PM

4,009 posts, read 5,732,811 times
Quote:
Yes, sometimes I read things like this that I wish I could have and would have written. How much better could one explain to liberals what is really the truth among conservatives?

7 Promises I Make To Liberals - Page 1 - John Hawkins - Townhall Conservative
Unfortunately, this is a huge pile of B.S.
Ever since the Republican Party adopted the South...racism and bigotry have run rampant. Now you want to make us pay for electing the first black president.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies