Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 09:58 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
It would be a symbol of the religion of the majority of the victims. You know that but won't admit it.
How about an American flag - something that can unite us all - or is that not divisive enough for you? Let's see what you can admit, oldboy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2011, 10:19 AM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,958 times
I say leave the cross, but cover every inch of it with those Coexist bumper stickers. We will then see the true colors of the people that think this cross belongs there. Despite their claims to the contrary, the reason that people like the OP want the cross there is to be divisive and reinforce their belief that non-Christians should be treated as second class citizens.

Old 08-04-2011, 10:31 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,338,198 times
Quote:
It seems that a very large majority of people involved in this call want that cross to be there. Republicans and non-affiliated people make most of that group. Of course, with numbers like that Democrats who aren't atheists are a large number.

72% Favor Inclusion of 9/11 Cross in World Trade Center Memorial - Rasmussen Reportsâ„¢

Most Democrats (51%) believe the separation of church and state is meant to protect the government from the church. Sixty-two percent (62%) of Republicans and 57% of unaffiliated adults think it’s supposed to protect the church from the government.

Does any of this statement make any sense? It sure does to me.
I have no problem with the cross, as long as symbols of the other religions of those who were killed in the 9/11 attacks are equally as welcome.

Old 08-04-2011, 11:28 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
It seems that a very large majority of people involved in this call want that cross to be there. Republicans and non-affiliated people make most of that group. Of course, with numbers like that Democrats who aren't atheists are a large number.

72% Favor Inclusion of 9/11 Cross in World Trade Center Memorial - Rasmussen Reportsâ„¢

Most Democrats (51%) believe the separation of church and state is meant to protect the government from the church. Sixty-two percent (62%) of Republicans and 57% of unaffiliated adults think it’s supposed to protect the church from the government.

Ras says it so it must be true, polls, phsssst
That said you people realize not all the people that died on 9-11 were Christains, or don't you. Plan on putting up a Jewish Symbol, how about the Muslim Symbol, since they also died in the attacks. Put one up put them all up, No I doubt it.

Casper

Old 08-04-2011, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
How about an American flag - something that can unite us all - or is that not divisive enough for you? Let's see what you can admit, oldboy.
Excellent Idea
Wonder why the OP did not suggest that?????

Casper

Old 08-04-2011, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
It would not have been a target if it were a mosque.
WRONG AGAIN Buckaroo, terroists attack Mosques all the time, you really should learn more about how they operate before posting posts that show your ignorance on the subject.
Casper

Old 08-04-2011, 11:35 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:

I am sure Christians would agree, but how about the Jewish victims?

Old 08-04-2011, 11:42 AM

2,966 posts, read 3,916,504 times
Quote:
It would be a symbol of the religion of the majority of the victims. You know that but won't admit it.
Oh, my bad. I thought the USA was a place where all religions are welcomed.

Question for you- if the majority of the US was Muslim and wanted to put a symbol of Islam, you would go along with it, right? Because they'd be in the majority.

Old 08-04-2011, 11:52 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
I have no problem with the cross, as long as symbols of the other religions of those who were killed in the 9/11 attacks are equally as welcome.
It is a cross beam they found. I don't think they found anything else that would remotely symbolize another religion.

September 11 News.com - Mysteries - Crosses in the Ruins, & Faces in The Smoke of the 9-11 WTC Attacks.

Old 08-04-2011, 11:58 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
I think they found a hole.

It is indeed holy ground.

Probably a bunch of dead Indians down there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies