Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 08:54 PM

5,346 posts, read 4,046,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
^^^Yep. And it makes them such handy pawns for people exploiting the raw food movement in that they believe ANYTHING if you just present it as anti-gov. Basically, they are shills for th conmen. Just look at the original link, they even claimed the guy wasnt read his rights. I mean seriously, I have a bridge to sell you and am a nigerian dictator.

Bottom line, we have 50 other raw food sellers IN CA doing JUST FINE. We have MILLIONS of gardens in the US doing JUST FINE. But no, if even 1 gets in trouble with the law, its a giant conspiracy to shut them down. Seriously, just how much tinfoil does one have to own to buy into this one?
Explain why Monsanto makes GMO seeds... When harvested... the new seeds are useless...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2011, 11:20 PM

4,731 posts, read 9,944,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcgCali View Post
1. Not true. Right to Choose belongs to Aajonus Vonderplanitz, Aajonus Vonderplanitz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia , a huge proponent of organic raw foods and raw dairy, but wants safe sources of such and doesn't want people like Palmer ruining it for everyone. He is not a defendant in this case.
According to the Rawesome Club Membership Agreement, Rawesome Foods Club is an entity of Right to Choose Healthy Food.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Header on First Page
CLUB MEMBERSHIP AGREEMENT
Right To Choose Healthy Food’s RAWESOME CLUB
[Right to Choose Healthy Food of P.O. Box 176, Santa Monica, CA. 90406-0176; email: optimal@earthlink.net.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Paragraph
I understand that my membership in the Club requires annual renewal in January of each year regardless of month initially joined. The cash or attached check made payable to Right To Choose Healthy Food pays for my membership in Right to Choose Healthy Food’s Rawesome Club and is given to Rawesome Club, 665 Rose Avenue, Venice, CA 90291.
This relationship is spelled out clearly in the provided History and Facts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Page 2 Paragraph 3
RAWESOME FOOD CLUB Rawesome Club, Venice, California is a food-membership club established under RTCHF (Right to Chose Healthy Foods). James Stewart is its founder in 2000 and has been its General Manager under RTCHF since 2003.
Vonderplanitz, RTCHF and Rawesome are not direct defendants (yet) in the case brought against Stewart and Palmer; however the injunction and investigation is affecting the him, his organization and the clubs reputation.

Quote:
2. Palmer and Stewart are in it together. She didn't defraud him, they both worked together to defraud the Rawefoods members. Conspiracy to commit a crime is one of the charges.
Conspiracy to commit the crime of selling raw dairy without proper licensing. There is no mention in any of the provided evidence or the provided investigative report that confirms Stewart was in collusion with Palmer for any of the additional alleged fraudulent acts.

Quote:
3. Breach of contract is a civil action and has nothing to do with the government's criminal case against these people.
True, but if the court determines that Palmer committed fraud, and was in breach of contract, it could absolve Stewart from all but the non-raw-dairy charges because he was only acting in good faith to fulfill his contractual obligations with the members.

Quote:
4. Again, "Rawesome" isn't charged with anything. Palmer's guilt does not result in Stewart's innocence. They are charged separately for their individual crimes. Stewart did not have a permit to sell raw milk. Stewart sold raw milk from an unlicensed dairy. Stewart conspired with Palmer to do so. (that's only 3, and there are 13 charges against him.) In the latest search warrant computers and documents were seized for evidence that will show he was a partner with Palmer in the HFF scam. Which certainly explains why he didn't get a permit and buy real organic meat/poultry/eggs and licensed milk. Much more profit with the HFF scam.
It has yet to be proven that Stewart was in collusion with Palmer in any of the alleged fraudulent acts (the "HFF scam"), and all provided testimony and the provided investigative report indicates that Stewart was not aware of, nor approved of, any of the alleged fraudulent acts of which he is accused. The only conspiracy to commit charge that they acted together was selling raw dairy without a license.

Quote:
5. Um, because this was an investigation by the Health Dept and Dept of Agriculture for felony violations of the CA Ag Code. The DA may add other charges as it unfolds, and I wouldn't be surprised to see the IRS get involved, too.

I'm not sure if this has made it into the press yet, but as part of the investigation an undercover agent who did not buy a membership was able to purchase raw milk from Stewart in the parking lot of Rawesome, being sold out of the back of a van. So there's a big "gotcha" that shoots down Stewart's argument that the milk is only sold to members inside the club.

I honestly don't understand why some people are so stubbornly defending these crooks. Just your anti-government mindset? Raw milk is readily available here from many reputable farms and markets, and co-ops abound. No one is stopping anyone from purchasing these products or joining a club. Stewart has done a good job of inciting the gullible to take up his cause under the false premise that people's rights to raw milk are being infringed upon.
I'm not defending or accusing anyone, I'm only looking at the evidence that has been provided and postulating that, other than selling raw dairy without the proper CA licenses, Stewart could be innocent of the other alleged frauds against Rawesome's members.

If this whole thing was a scam, it would also make perfect sense for the top dog (the parent organization - RTCHF) to start casting blame downward. It wasn't me, it was Stewart, but really it wasn't Stewart, it was all Palmer... so I'm doubly innocent. ((not saying that's what's going on, just that this is a common tactic in racketeering investigations and defence))

ETA: So, you can see, I'm an equal opportunity skeptic

Old 08-15-2011, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
Explain why Monsanto makes GMO seeds... When harvested... the new seeds are useless...
The seeds are useless because the plants are either sterile (seeds are infertile), or the plants are hybrids (seeds do not breed true), and the seeds are patented so farmers cannot legally plant them without paying license to Monsanto. Since Monsanto can create a brand new batch of GMO F1 seeds at will in their laboratory, they are not concerned that any harvested seeds from the resulting plants aren't effective... they still get paid.

Old 08-16-2011, 01:01 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,318,165 times
Instead of pop corn, ya get a pop tosis.

apoptosis |ˌapə(p)ˈtōsis|

noun Physiology

the death of cells that occurs as a normal and controlled part of an organism's growth or development. Also called programmed cell death.

Old 08-16-2011, 03:33 AM

1,830 posts, read 5,349,571 times
Re: Missing4allseasons' post #222

I misspoke when I said "Right to choose belongs to Aajonus..." because I was referring to the website when I said that, so I should have said "Unhealthyfamilyfarms.com belongs to Aajonus. (I think I looked at the upper left corner where it says RTChoose as I was typing and mistakenly thought that was the website's name)

Right to Choose Healthy Foods is the group that lobbies for relaxing restrictions on raw dairy, and Vonderplanitz is the President. Right to Choose Healthy Foods Rawesome Club is the entity that one can join for $25.00 annually for the privilege of shopping at Rawesome Foods. Stewart operates Rawesome Foods and controls the money. In fact, he owns the property. Healthy Family Farms is registered in Nevada as a domestic limited liability company. It (should be but) is not registered in CA as a Nevada Corporation doing business in CA. Rawesome Foods is not registered as a Corporation or as a business entity. As a grocery co-op it should be incorporated and registered, and could even get nonprofit status. It makes no sense not to do it right.... unless the one who set it up is personally profiting from it .

Vonderplanitz doesn't seem to be involved in the wrongdoing. He's not involved in the store operations. Vonderplanitz's business Aajonus Vonderplanitz's wewant2live.com website does not even mention Right to Choose or Rawesome Foods, and the unhealthyfamilyfarms website he put up to expose them is over a year old. He does not mention the milk on it, and his whole focus seems to be getting the truth out about Healthy Family Farms faking the organic products. It looks like he supports the idea of the club but then found and exposed the fraud. He didn't just do this after the raid to cover his butt, he did it more than a year ago. Don't confuse the investigation he made/funded with the government investigation... 2 different things. The gov is concerned with the milk, not the inhouse fraud. That would be for the members to pursue. I don't know how you can say Vonderplanitz isn't accusing Stewart of any wrongdoing. The whole "history" you linked to lays it out pretty clearly that he believes Stewart and Palmer are in cahoots. http://unhealthyfamilyfarm.com/image...acts_Basis.pdf Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Vonderplanitz is a witness for the prosecution.

You keep saying Rawesome will be charged. It's just a name (it's not even a legal entity since they didn't incorporate) ...you can't indict a name, you can't jail a name, the name can't defend itself in court. The gov will not go after the club members. They only want the people who were actually breaking the law. Stewart owns and operated the store himself, and since he didn't incorporate... oh well, it falls on him. You know, I haven't even looked into that third person that was arrested.. the liason with some other group. I don't know what her part is.

You want to believe Stewart is innocent in all this, but he's the one who kept purchasing from HFF after Vonderplanitz showed him evidence of the wrongdoing, and obviously this created a big rift within the organization. And he controlled the money and picked up the orders at the farm, so he had to know Palmer wasn't purchasing and butchering livestock there. She couldn't pull it off without his help. Assuming for argument he knew nothing until Vonderplanitz confronted him....What possible motive would Stewart have to keep buying inferior products from HFF after he was shown the evidence? Money. What motive would he have for buying uncertified raw milk from HFF when he could just as easily purchase it from certified farms? Money. For the good of the club, he should have obtained the proper permit to sell raw milk, why didn't he? Because permits bring inspections and he wanted to sell the uncertified milk from HFF. The big money was in the resale of cheap inferior products to members paying a premium for what they believed to be top quality organic & grass fed animal products. I bet the books show the profits were used to purchase more animals, feed, butchering, etc, which wasn't really happening. Until I discovered Stewart owns the store, I didn't understand why the club didn't just vote him out and replace him, then do things properly. But they need his facility so he has a certain amount of power. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out. I hope the club can regroup, do things right and start getting the products they bargained for.

Last edited by hcgCali; 08-16-2011 at 03:51 AM..

Old 08-16-2011, 08:06 AM

The issue is that raw unpasteurized milk is healthier and boosts the immune system...

Old 08-16-2011, 11:52 AM

78,373 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Hey, it's been fun guys but there is nothing more to do here.

If you want to keep defending people like the Donald Lapres of the world knock yourselves out.

WC Fields was very very right.

Old 08-16-2011, 12:17 PM

This thread is about busting people for selling raw milk and cheese... Like the Amish guy in Pennsylvania who got arrested...

Old 08-16-2011, 01:45 PM

Again, I'm not defending anyone. I can only review the information on the website. There is nothing there to indicate Stewart was involved in the "HFF wrongdoings" other than speculation (toward the end of the history pdf) and the PI report contains witness testimony that appears to indicate Stewart was not directly involved with the management of HFF and had informed Palmer to correct the alleged problems per the terms of his herdshare agreement.

In any case, since I have been unable to find an online copy of the 13-count complaint, BA 385253, that instigated this court case and was used to obtain the search warrant it is difficult to determine exactly what Stewart, et al are being accused of specifically. If anyone has links to the actual public courts records involved in this case, please share them. I have found a copy of the motion to preclude Stewart from posting his own bail under suspicion that it would be paid from the proceeds of a criminal activity, along with new allegations of additional criminal actions. And a copy of a similar motion for Sharon Palmer.

Old 08-19-2011, 08:47 AM

78,373 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
This thread is about busting people for selling raw milk and cheese... Like the Amish guy in Pennsylvania who got arrested...
No it's not. We've already shown hundreds of places in the US (website) legally selling raw milk and cheese. This entire thread is about the claimed conspiracy to stop this practice based upon the legal troubles of rawsome foods.

Every hot\trendy field where a buck can be made attracts the illegitimate bottom feeders. When one get's busted we get a thread started about how "Big Pharma" is having all the vitamin sellers, hollistic people etc. shut down and arrested or in this case Monsanto blah blah blah.

Here is a guy that made money off the vitamin craze, whole food craze, internet craze etc. and was arrested. You might remember his infomercials.

Don Lapre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I find it funny that guys like Lapre can count on people to blindly defend them no matter what because they have some schism with regards to the government or whatever other smoke-screen they can throw up.

Here is a handy dandy website to find farmers markets in california, there are about 2 dozen just in San Fran....boogity boogity boogity....monsanto is closing down gardens.
Find A Certified Farmers' Market
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies