Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 05:50 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,474,008 times

Advertisements

I just hope the dumbasses that voted for scumbag Obozo in '08 either don't vote at all or vote for someone else in '12.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2011, 05:50 PM

773 posts, read 503,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Obviously, you've never heard of Fox News, Rush, Beck, O'Reilly, Hannity, etc. etc.
But welcome to daylight, it's good that you've come out of your cave, although a bit late.
I am not talking about talking heads or posters posting from their mom's basement. I am talking about actual political leaders and most importnat the POTUS who is supposed to set the tone. But going even beyond Obama, look at many of the democrat politicians in DC. They stuff they spew is unreal. Hey, I am politically unaffiliated and I voted for Obama. I am just saddened about the tone he and his DC crew are setting. It's embarassing and harmful to the country.

Old 08-03-2011, 05:53 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,386,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heritage Member View Post
I am not talking about talking heads or posters posting from their mom's basement. I am talking about actual political leaders and most importnat the POTUS who is supposed to set the tone. But going even beyond Obama, look at many of the democrat politicians in DC. They stuff they spew is unreal. Hey, I am politically unaffiliated and I voted for Obama. I am just saddened about the tone he and his DC crew are setting. It's embarassing and harmful to the country.
Is a Senator any less important then the President? Does the President have a higher standard then any other elected official.

Again, almost all elected officials do that, and your pointing fingers at the President is ignoring the other three pointing back at you.

Old 08-03-2011, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
I just hope the dumbasses that voted for scumbag Obozo in '08 either don't vote at all or vote for someone else in '12.
I hope your mother is proud.

‪"If you can't say something nice, don't say nothin' at all"‬‏ - YouTube

Old 08-03-2011, 05:59 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,550,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heritage Member View Post
Rather than speaking of how great America is and how wonderful it is to have varying opinions on things, why does Obama personally attacked people who think differently than him? Why is he so angry? Why does he vilify people? Why does he try to make everything a crisis by scaring people? Why does he try to scare the elderly all the time?

Obama is an embarassment to America. I disagree with most of his policies, as I did Bush, but this is the first time in my life I have seen a sitting POTUS act as embarassing as this.

I miss the days of POTUS's who could rally ALL Americans together and talk about what we CAN do. That is probably the most important thing a POTUS does and Obama get's a F- on that.
Do you actually remember when a POTUS rally Americans together. It was right after 9/11 and then he, a republican, went and destroyed any hope of a united America. Plus how a can a man rally Americans together when the opposing party, whose number 1 goal after 2010 elections was to make sure he doesn't get reelected again, and their pundants continuously slam him for every little thing he does or doesn't do?

Old 08-03-2011, 05:59 PM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,084,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I think that almost everyone wants to fundamentally change the country right now, especially starting in Washington.

Nothing wrong with fundamental change, when its needed. It isn't 1791, its 2011.
Fundamentally hope all day, but your guy has failed big time.

Old 08-03-2011, 06:00 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,550,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
I see the friendly and kind republicans are at it again.

Old 08-03-2011, 06:02 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,852,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
It's always someone else's fault isn't it?

How about taking personal responsibility? If someone is name calling, and both parties do it, its no one else's damned fault other then the man or woman who said it.

Blaming someone else is what my 7 year old does.
Sometimes it is the other person's fault but keep in mind that with Obama, it seems to "always" be the other sides fault... that grows old quick...

Taking personal responsibility... yes, both parties do it but why? It wasn't this extreme until recently, what is with the DIVISION?? Who is doing the dividing to make it all break apart... Both sides are at fault for continuing it, but someone is causing the divide... you don't have to look very far to find out who that is... 7-year old kids? The President and Congress are all acting like them... we should start putting them in their corners and let them pout... and pout they do!

Old 08-03-2011, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
Fundamentally hope all day, but your guy has failed big time.
And that is a valid argument. One that can be debated with facts. You can call the President, congress, our system of government a failure. That I have no problem with.

But when an OP complains that the President is name calling, blatantly ignoring the own party and people they support in the process, thats being hypocritical.

Old 08-03-2011, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Sometimes it is the other person's fault but keep in mind that with Obama, it seems to "always" be the other sides fault... that grows old quick...

Taking personal responsibility... yes, both parties do it but why? It wasn't this extreme until recently, what is with the DIVISION?? Who is doing the dividing to make it all break apart... Both sides are at fault for continuing it, but someone is causing the divide... you don't have to look very far to find out who that is... 7-year old kids? The President and Congress are all acting like them... we should start putting them in their corners and let them pout... and pout they do!
Republicans say its always the other sides fault. During the Bush administration, it was always the Democratic congresses fault after 2006.

Thats just Washington, and its been that way since Kennedy was in the white house. Politicians get on TV and say "Its the other guys fault" and never take any action themselves.

Even the debt ceiling, Republicans said it was all Democrats fault, Democrats said it was all Republicans fault. I say it was everyones fault, and if you disagree with that, you are either being blatantly ignorant, or have mental comprehension problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies