Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 09:48 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,474,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heritage Member View Post
It's not just saying it's the other sides fault that is so much the issue. It is his direct insults he spews. He is always angry and trying to vilify everyone else. If he just said I disagree with the other sides policy on this issue and here is why my policy would work better, that would be great. But to name call, insult and try to scare the elderly is uncalled for.
Direct insults he spews? Links? Calling someone a tar baby is an insult. I'm pretty sure President Obama never insult someone to that level publicly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2011, 10:07 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,563,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
To be honest, have you seen the gridlock and name-calling Congress is doing?? This is probably the worst I have ever seen in the US... I think it has a lot to do with Obama... Obama is divisive with the "you" versus "me" attitude and look what it has done to Congress as well as the American people... he is creating mistrust, cynicism, etc etc... how do you think we are going to break through gridlock if Obama isn't going to behave like a leader and see that we ALL are the same people... there is no "you" versus "me"... the problems really started when Obama started blaming the other side... its like kids... its not my fault, its your fault constant chattering from him... this is why America doesn't like him very much... the OP may be hypocritical but so are you and so am I... True that many politicians do what Obama does, but that's no excuse to spare Obama the scolding that he earned...
Do you know what I call devisive?
When people question if "Obama" is an American!
When people question his faith!
When people question his birth certificate!
When all of the "right wing" media kept accusing him of being educated in a Madrassa in Indonesia as if being a Muslim was a horrible thing.

If we are all the same "people" the right wing made us sure when he was running for the Presidency that we aren't the same!.

If you questioned my "faith" and my nationality I would be Po'ed too!

Old 08-04-2011, 08:04 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,997,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
Direct insults he spews? Links? Calling someone a tar baby is an insult. I'm pretty sure President Obama never insult someone to that level publicly.
OBAMA on Jay Leno "I bowled like Special Olympic's" ? to discribe his inept bowling skills always in the gutter like our economy.

OBAMA on the police "They acted stupidly" Cambridge police handling of his friend ...remember the BEER PATIO SUMMIT?

OBAMA on Americans he despises "They carry their Bibles and guns to cling to something when they are frightened or upset? That was very insulting to real honest hard working Americans.

There are more don't want to hijack the tread!!!

Old 08-04-2011, 08:11 AM

37,802 posts, read 41,008,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post

Blaming someone else is what my 7 year old does.
Eh, my ex-husband used to do it, too.

Old 08-04-2011, 08:14 AM

1,461 posts, read 1,529,023 times
Quote:
Rather than speaking of how great America is and how wonderful it is to have varying opinions on things, why does Obama personally attacked people who think differently than him? Why is he so angry? Why does he vilify people? Why does he try to make everything a crisis by scaring people? Why does he try to scare the elderly all the time?

Obama is an embarassment to America. I disagree with most of his policies, as I did Bush, but this is the first time in my life I have seen a sitting POTUS act as embarassing as this.

I miss the days of POTUS's who could rally ALL Americans together and talk about what we CAN do. That is probably the most important thing a POTUS does and Obama get's a F- on that.
Have you been to a Tea bagger fund-raiser lately? Talk about hate.

Old 08-04-2011, 08:17 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Blaming someone else is what my 7 year old does.
How many times have we heard "the previous administration", "the last decade", "my predecessor" ...

Old 08-04-2011, 09:00 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,845,775 times
Quote:
Rather than speaking of how great America is and how wonderful it is to have varying opinions on things, why does Obama personally attacked people who think differently than him? Why is he so angry? Why does he vilify people? Why does he try to make everything a crisis by scaring people? Why does he try to scare the elderly all the time?
The rest of the World (except radical Muslims) must be seeing a different Obama to you. The rest of thw World sees him as a good President who has been given a disaster to repair. Obama never appears angry... i have seen him look annoyed at what is going on around him but never angry. Is he trying to scare people by telling them that he will not allow the huge cuts that the right want... when i hear members of both parties being absolutely vindictive i often wonder how Obama can stand their constant hatred.

Obama is an embarrassment to America. I disagree with most of his policies, as I did Bush, but this is the first time in my life I have seen a sitting POTUS act as embarrassing as this.
Obama is far from an embarrassment in fact the Wrld looks at the Childish behaviour of the Senate and Congress and think they are the embarrassing ones.

I miss the days of POTUS's who could rally ALL Americans together and talk about what we CAN do. That is probably the most important thing a POTUS does and Obama get's a F- on that.
As seen in the debt ceiling debacle, Obama was the adult in the room... He eventually did bring both sides together even though both sides were acting like 3 year olds having a tantrum.... Well done Mr President.

Old 08-04-2011, 09:33 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,386,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
How many times have we heard "the previous administration", "the last decade", "my predecessor" ...
And those are facts that can be disputed.

The OP is talking about personal attacks, something all of Washington is doing, then someone tried to say that because Obama does it it makes it ok.

We can blame our economic policies and debt on previous administrations policies and debate that with facts and substance. We can't debate whether TEA party members are terrorists, or whether or not the President loves America, because those are both silly stupid ideas. And not acknowledging that both sides do it, or trying to excuse Republican rhetoric because Obama has done it is what a 7 year old would do.

Or Laura C's ex husband apparently.

Old 08-04-2011, 10:04 AM

1,019 posts, read 590,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Lol, the founders would be so ridiculed and declared "Not True Christians" by right wingers today it's not even funny. Their version of Christianity was nothing like today. The Fundamentalist movement that so many on this board seem to follow did not start until the 19th/20th Century.
A minor issue.,

Old 08-04-2011, 10:10 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,300,771 times
Quote:

Obama is an embarassment to America. I disagree with most of his policies, as I did Bush, but this is the first time in my life I have seen a sitting POTUS act as embarassing as this.

Actually it's the Republicans that are the embarassment. I was watching some financial news based in Great Britain and the commentator referred to the Republican Party as "Nutters".

What's more embarassing a group of people that are willing to plunge the world into a financial crisis and insisting on no new taxes for revenue increases OR a President that actively sought out a fair and balanced approached to the issue of deficit reduction?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies