Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 11:35 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,033,934 times

Advertisements

Does everybody realize how much 2 trillion dollars is? Hell the GDP of China is 6 Trillion. Canada is barely 2 Trillion. So who exactly will "loan" us this money? There is only one option and that is little Timmy Geithner will have to print up 2 TRILLION dollars over at the treasury. This is the insanity congress voted for.

As the trillion in cuts? LOL. It's 100 billion a year and how much will be eaten by the interest on the 2 trillion just printed up?

No these fools in congress have stamped our failure. Inflation will rise, the spending marches on, all the fools in DC take credit for "saving the economy" when in reality they just put the final nail in the coffin. And to top it off they vilify the tea party who are the only folks in DC who make absolutely any sense. Terrorists and hijackers they are being called. Well the ones who passed this nonsense are the terrorists in my eyes.

Enjoy the next two years [MOD CUT] ........if we make it that long........you voted for it.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 08-04-2011 at 08:08 AM.. Reason: Flamming
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2011, 11:37 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,741,161 times
Barack Hussein does not care as long as he gets "his" while in office.

Old 08-02-2011, 11:39 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,975,057 times
From the printing presses. The FED will continue to buy our debt, devalue our currency, and bring this nation closer toward the brink of destruction The only thing that was accomplished yesterday was to allow Obama a blank check through the elections of 2012.

Old 08-02-2011, 11:41 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,033,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
From the printing presses. The FED will continue to buy our debt, devalue our currency, and bring this nation closer toward the brink of destruction The only thing that was accomplished yesterday was to allow Obama a blank check through the elections of 2012.
Yep I'm sure he and his team are busy trying to figure out the most effective way to buy votes. I'm sure extending unemployment, making sure everyone qualifies for food stamps and a one time check of $500-$1000 is on the table.

Old 08-02-2011, 11:42 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,867,142 times
Quote:
So debt ceiling raised 2 Trillion......um where will the money come from?

Old 08-02-2011, 12:13 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,975,057 times
@ SamBarrow, LOL

Obama, is that you?

Is there a reason that amid the "cuts" that they haven't de-funded the Congressional plane fleet at Anderws AFB? What are there, 3-4 airports within 40 miles of the Capitol?

Old 08-02-2011, 12:29 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,867,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
@ SamBarrow, LOL

Obama, is that you?

Is there a reason that amid the "cuts" that they haven't de-funded the Congressional plane fleet at Anderws AFB? What are there, 3-4 airports within 40 miles of the Capitol?
Hey now. Those are just jets. Jets are fine. It's corporate jets that are evil.

Old 08-02-2011, 01:07 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,373,270 times
Well there is one happy camper, Uncle Ben has to be thrilled because Q3 is around the corner. He can buy boat loads of treasuries, he thinks that is good for his portfolio

I had high hopes that there would be real cuts but should have known better. My rep voted yes and when I see his name in 2012 I will be voting no.

Old 08-02-2011, 01:11 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,225,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Does everybody realize how much 2 trillion dollars is? Hell the GDP of China is 6 Trillion. Canada is barely 2 Trillion. So who exactly will "loan" us this money? There is only one option and that is little Timmy Geithner will have to print up 2 TRILLION dollars over at the treasury. This is the insanity congress voted for.

As the trillion in cuts? LOL. It's 100 billion a year and how much will be eaten by the interest on the 2 trillion just printed up?

No these fools in congress have stamped our failure. Inflation will rise, the spending marches on, all the fools in DC take credit for "saving the economy" when in reality they just put the final nail in the coffin. And to top it off they vilify the tea party who are the only folks in DC who make absolutely any sense. Terrorists and hijackers they are being called. Well the ones who passed this nonsense are the terrorists in my eyes.

Enjoy the next two years [MOD CUT] ........if we make it that long........you voted for it.
The Fed, they are already the largest owner of our debt, they have over $1.6 T in our debt now. So we are paying them interest directly now.

I wish the treasury would just issue cash, it would at least be debt free.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 08-04-2011 at 08:09 AM.. Reason: edited quoted post

Old 08-02-2011, 01:14 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,763,698 times
I'm not defending the policies, because I don't know if I fully understand them -- but to put this into context, during the housing bubble, the mortgage market was expanding at about $1.5 trillion per year, and that was also money that was being created out of thin air.

Since the 2008 crisis, that $1.5 trillion annual injection of new money just vanished completely. The mortgage market, which is our primary way of creating new money (depending on your opinion, Friedman might disagree) is actually getting smaller.

So, we do things like print $2 trillion per annum on the presses to fund the government, with the thinking that this will help create a stream of new money that vanished in 2008 when TSHTF. If you focus solely on public debt, yeah it looks like a completely out-of-control explosion of debt... and plenty of people ONLY look at public debt because they don't know any better. However, if you look at combined public and private debt, it does not look so severe. I don't know what the charts look like exactly, I don't know if $2 trillion in new fiat money is too little or too much to make up for the annual shrinkage of private credit money.

Last edited by le roi; 08-02-2011 at 01:27 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies