Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 01:18 PM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Another sad example of the Democrats' core belief of, 'Free Speech For Me But Not For Thee'

Satirical mints poking fun at Obama pulled from UT bookstore » Knoxville News Sentinel
Breath mints are usually refreshing, but a Knoxville legislator believes a University of Tennessee bookstore's selling of novelty candies mocking President Barack Obama stinks.

UT officials pulled the mints poking fun at Obama from store shelves after state Rep. Joe Armstrong, a Democrat, visited the bookstore and told the director he found the satirical mints offensive.

"When you operate on state and federal dollars, you ought to be sensitive to those type of politically specific products," Armstrong said. "If it was a private entity or corporation or store, (that's different), but this is a state university. We certainly don't want in any way to put the university in a bad light by having those political (products), particularly aimed at defaming the president."
After years of calling GW Bush a "Nazi" and other tasteless forms of hate speech thrown at him -- All of a sudden!, Democrats think defaming the President is wrong, wrong, wrong!

LOL wish I could buy these.
Neal Bortz is working on making them available.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2011, 01:23 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,993,500 times
People protesting Obama "Disappointmints" (LOL ) are the same hypocrites who saw no problem calling GW Bush a Nazi, or Hitler, or terrorist, wishing death and harm upon him, and this was done openly and freely on university campuses around the world.

But to do the same to a Democrat President? Oh no, we can't have that. Ban it, censor it, legislate against it.

Old 08-04-2011, 01:28 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,319,728 times
Quote:
People protesting Obama "Disappointmints" (LOL ) are the same hypocrites who saw no problem calling GW Bush a Nazi, or Hitler, or terrorist, wishing death and harm upon him, and this was done openly and freely on university campuses around the world.

But to do the same to a Democrat President? Oh no, we can't have that. Ban it, censor it, legislate against it.
Liberals dump Corexit everywhere.

Serious symptoms among Corexit exposed Gulf Fishermen « Gulf Leak Watch

Old 08-04-2011, 03:06 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times
I don't know if UT sold them, but I remember GWB ImpeachMINTS and IndictMINTS sold around here on campuses. I don't recall anyone complaining.

Old 08-04-2011, 11:25 PM

20,330 posts, read 19,921,823 times
Quote:
.....LOL wish I could buy these.
$2.93 a tin.......

Mints: Obama Disappointmints

Old 08-04-2011, 11:45 PM

20,330 posts, read 19,921,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I don't know if UT sold them, but I remember GWB ImpeachMINTS and IndictMINTS sold around here on campuses. I don't recall anyone complaining.
".....Bookstore director David Kent said the bookstore previously carried mints that satirized former President George W. Bush and said no offense was intended......"

Old 08-04-2011, 11:49 PM

3,135 posts, read 3,781,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
$2.93 a tin.......

Mints: Obama Disappointmints

Great! I'm buying a case

Old 08-05-2011, 12:01 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,066,985 times
I have to wonder what brand of mints Joe Strongarm thinks has educational value.

Should not the word be educative?

Old 08-05-2011, 01:39 AM

431 posts, read 929,417 times
Ah the Left never ceases to amaze me. Grow a backbone and have a sense of humor. Like already stated how many Anti Bush products where out there...

BTW looks like this story is causing a lot of demand for them. All the sites I found online are out of stock for the next few weeks. If any else knows of a place online that still has some can you please share.

Old 08-05-2011, 01:45 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,528,095 times
So does that mean I can go into a university bookstore and tell them I'm offended by Che' products, Soviet Union symbol products, and other items then they'll be removed? Didn't think so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies