Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2011, 10:59 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MORebelWoman View Post
For those women who can't keep their legs crossed? The sluts deserve nothing for free.
OMG

Perhaps we should just throw them all in jail. How dare they force sweet, innocent men to have sex w/o protection and father children against their will?

We can charge them all with pedophilia......after all....men are just like children.....they just don't know any better so you can't hold THEM responsible for having unprotected sex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2011, 11:09 PM

32,066 posts, read 15,062,274 times
So what's wrong with that??? I am so confused. Some don't' want abortion yet they have a problem with birth control

Old 08-06-2011, 11:22 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
For those women who can't keep their legs crossed? The sluts deserve nothing for free.
Surely you jest? I haven't heard of any more virgin births recently, have you? Got a link to some? LOL!

ETA: It's a shame some women hate other women so much.

Old 08-06-2011, 11:26 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,110,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
I didn't ask a question, I made a statement, hence the period.

I still don't understand how people can rail against paying for other people's health care in one breath, and write a check to an insurance company in the next.
Call me selfish, but I get something back when I write a check to my insurance company. If my taxes go for someone's welfare, I don't get anything back.

Old 08-06-2011, 11:27 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,110,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
So what's wrong with that??? I am so confused. Some don't' want abortion yet they have a problem with birth control
Please pay attention, it's not about the coverage of BC or "having a problem" with it, it's about mandating that is be provided at no cost to the patient when it's already provided very inexpensively. It will cause HC premiums to go up b/c the extra amount being paid adds up. It's simple math.

Old 08-07-2011, 12:03 AM

3,304 posts, read 2,172,697 times
This is such a joke. So Obamacare places mandates on insurance companies that will surely make premiums go up, but they also mandate that everyone buy health insurance? This is insane.

Old 08-07-2011, 02:18 AM

7,639 posts, read 18,125,272 times
1. Birth control pills are already cheap, even without insurance.

2. Your premiums will not go markedly up because of their mandated coverage

3. Medicare already covers birth control, at least in Minnesota (Medical Assistance).

4. That said, this law encourages artificial birth control, which is an objectively grave evil.

Old 08-07-2011, 06:12 AM

1,970 posts, read 1,761,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Surely you jest? I haven't heard of any more virgin births recently, have you? Got a link to some? LOL!

ETA: It's a shame some women hate other women so much.
Think what you will but the real shame is that so many women say it is ok for other women to just have sex and have births without accepting personal responsibility for their own actions. You might want to think about that before you go making personal remarks about me, or any other woman who dares to tell the damn truth.

Old 08-07-2011, 06:36 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Is that what you do?

Are married women supposed to do that if they are not rich enough?

Old 08-07-2011, 06:59 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,425,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Wouldn't be an issue if people weren't forced to subsidize their multiple pregnancies.
Doesn't help, probably not, but we still can't fall on sterilization just because we're not happy with how something is run.

Quote:
I know you didn't just use the word "entitled"
Ironic though it is, it still fits. Entitled can apply to more than one thing.

Quote:
How about you don't eat mcdonalds every god damn day and then expect everyone else to pay the price??? Is this really that complicated? This is a principle that can apply anywhere in life. Take care of your own damn business.
I agree with this to a point but stop at the idea of forcing people to get their stomach stapled. It would be too much interference by big business and the government alike for my tastes. And it would open a door I'd prefer be left closed.
Quote:
Strawman. We're not talking about people who are disabled or literally can not help themselves.
Actually, no, that would be an analogy. Strawman is to draw a conclusion from what is being said then to exaggerate it or when you take someone's actual position and distort it. My example was extreme and meant to startle but didn't play a twisting game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies