Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 10:28 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,994,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
How did taxed enough already supporters become known as extremists?
Since the liberal media decided they were a big enough threat to the throne of their King, His Royal Highness Obama.

Leftists Employ Alinsky Tactics When Dealing With The Tea Party
Rules for Radicals by Saul Alinsky outlines the thirteen guidelines for growing and advancing the agenda of the Progressive Left. They are:

1. Power is not only what you have, but what the enemy thinks you have.
2. Never go outside the expertise of your people.
3. Whenever possible, go outside the expertise of the enemy.
4. Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules.
5. Ridicule is man's most potent weapon.
6. A good tactic is one your people enjoy.
7. A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag.
8. Keep the pressure on.
9. The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself.
10. Develop operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition.
11. Push the negative...every positive has its negative.
12. The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative.
13. Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it and polarize it.

You'd think they'd pay attention to Rule #7 - "A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag". Calling Tea Partiers terrorists and racists and extremists got old a long while ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2011, 10:32 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,110,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post

I notice you outrage isn't near as great for corporations who successfully game the federal tax code and pay significantly lower taxes or no taxes at all.
Then I guess you are not very observant. There are have been many threads and posts about GE not paying taxes and how every should have skin in the game.

Old 08-05-2011, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Because they are not pushing for tax reform only tax cuts for the rich and because taxes is not all they are invoved with. You cannot say you about tax reform when yu are not trying reform it and when you involve yourself in areas that do not have to do with taxes.
Casper
I take it you actually have no idea about what the tea party stands for. Your talking points must have just been given to you, try again.

Old 08-05-2011, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Until there is comprehensive Campaign Finance Reform, save for a a handful of representatives, most will be on the take from Corporate America. The evidence is everywhere, but by far, the GOP is the most entrenched with the lobbyists, which is so evident every time the cast a vote against the working class and pro big business.
Do you have a citation for your claim here?

I see you took no notice of Obama's birthday fundraiser....

Old 08-05-2011, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
I'd equate it as a payment from the government, like welfare.

I think the Tea Party is too focused on this particular group of poor people who don't pay income taxes. I don't think we would get much revenue out of them anyways. It isn't that I believe in some ideology that says "poor people shouldn't pay taxes", it is more that I honestly believe that it helps the economy, not hurts it.
It's more about how unbalanced it is. The people 1) pay no taxes but ALSO 2) get money out of the system. That leaves the rest of us middle class and rich folks to pay for literally everything. Something is wrong with that. If more people were working (i.e., the tax base was enlarged), taxes would end up lower for everyone.

Old 08-05-2011, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Really, show me who is pushing for real tax code reform.
Casper
Mike Huckabee, for one. Most of the GOP prez candidates for 2012.

Old 08-05-2011, 10:53 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
I take it you actually have no idea about what the tea party stands for. Your talking points must have just been given to you, try again.
I asked several questions of one of the Tea Party boys and NEVER got an answer to any of them, spoke volumes to me.
Casper

Old 08-05-2011, 10:55 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Mike Huckabee, for one. Most of the GOP prez candidates for 2012.
Got links supporting that?
Casper

Old 08-05-2011, 10:57 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times
Quote:
I asked several questions of one of the Tea Party boys and NEVER got an answer to any of them, spoke volumes to me.
Casper
What qustions did you ask and who did you ask? I'd love for you to ask me serious questions about the Tea Party without it being a completely loaded question filled with attacks and slurs like you normally create.

Throw something out there, what would you like to know?

Old 08-05-2011, 10:59 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times
Quote:
Got links supporting that?
Casper
www.google.com

How hard is this really? I'm sure you would have no problem attacking Huckabee for being supported by the Tea Party when you clearly don't know anything about what he stood for in the 2008 election cycle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies