Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 09:51 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,004,356 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2011, 09:52 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,364,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Rand's medical expenses most likely far exceeded what she paid in, but that certainly did not stop her. Please explain how Social Security is a "Ponzi scheme".
There is a good chance that you will also receive more in Medicare beni's then you paid in. Would you support a pure voluntary system so that rich people do not have to pay into SSI or Medicare? I doubt you do. I would bet that you support the rich paying into the system but not allowing them to get a penny.

Old 08-05-2011, 10:02 AM

37,960 posts, read 22,137,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Because, it is almost ALWAYS one of the righties that mentions it, a point proven daily here.
Casper.
Defending yourself from being labeled a racist by the bigots in the media and politicians does not make you a racist.

Geez, you guys want a self fulfilling prophecy, you want to use the race card on people, and then when someone defends themselves from the race card you want it to prove the legitimacy of your using the race card.

Old 08-05-2011, 10:07 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,202,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Rand's medical expenses most likely far exceeded what she paid in, but that certainly did not stop her. Please explain how Social Security is a "Ponzi scheme".
Ponzi scheme - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 08-05-2011, 10:14 AM

6,175 posts, read 12,934,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
And what do you call entitlement-minded, Gimmee-gimmee liberals? Everybody's out for themselves.

The difference being that most conservatives say "Stay out of the way so I can take care of myself," while liberals demand demand, "fork over some of yours so the government can take care of me."

Old 08-05-2011, 10:18 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,931,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Defending yourself from being labeled a racist by the bigots in the media and politicians does not make you a racist.

Geez, you guys want a self fulfilling prophecy, you want to use the race card on people, and then when someone defends themselves from the race card you want it to prove the legitimacy of your using the race card.
Show me where I have ever used the race card, I will be waiting.
Show me where anyone has been labeled a racist without having made a racist remark on this board, I will be waiting for that also.
Truth is the right claims that the race card is used all the time, yet when asked for proof of anyone doing it here they never can, can YOU?
Casper

Old 08-05-2011, 10:59 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,854,786 times
Quote:
Show me where I have ever used the race card, I will be waiting. Show me where anyone has been labeled a racist without having made a racist remark on this board, I will be waiting for that also.
You're more intelligent than this. This has got to be dumbest thing you've ever posted.

make a racist remark, you're a racist
drink too much one night, you're a drunk
tell a lie, you're a liar

Quote:
Truth is the right claims that the race card is used all the time, yet when asked for proof of anyone doing it here they never can, can YOU?
Casper
I'm doing what you said in your post. Show proof the right claims the race card is used all the time.

Curious, have you made some posts where you call someone out for claiming the Tea Party is racist or claiming black Tea Party supporters uncle toms? Otherwise it will continue to look like you are playing one side of the fence and you'll loose credibility.

Old 08-05-2011, 11:01 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,639,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
The difference being that most conservatives say "Stay out of the way so I can take care of myself," while liberals demand demand, "fork over some of yours so the government can take care of me."
Yes, liberals like Ayn Rand.

Old 08-05-2011, 11:03 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,358,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
This is worse than the one they were howling about Bachmann getting a refi on their mortgage. Reduced to this pathetic nonsense the haters have become. Race card didn't work now this. LOL
How about praising the Secretary of Agriculture for direct government involvement in what should be a free market? TP hypocrisy at its finest

Old 08-05-2011, 12:11 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,931,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
You're more intelligent than this. This has got to be dumbest thing you've ever posted.

make a racist remark, you're a racist = Waaaay more than Likely
drink too much one night, you're a drunk = NEVER SAID THAT
tell a lie, you're a liar = NEVER SAID THAT

I'm doing what you said in your post. Show proof the right claims the race card is used all the time. No you did not answer the question by showing me the proof. It was done on THIS thread, go back and see what I replied to to begin this off-topic discussion.

Curious, have you made some posts where you call someone out for claiming the Tea Party is racist or claiming black Tea Party supporters uncle toms? Otherwise it will continue to look like you are playing one side of the fence and you'll loose credibility.
I have stated more than once that I do not believe the Tea Party is a racist organization, I HAVE said that there are racists within the group, but that is true of EVERY group. I have NEVER used the term "uncle tom" here or anywhre else in my life. You do not know me if you actually think I care what people think of me, I post on the issues as I see them. I do not care one bit which side of the fence I am standing on when I do so, meaning that I have some conservative leaning opinions and I have Liberal opinions on other issues.
Now as for your first comment, if it is so dumb then you should have NO problem finding several posts here within minutes to prove what I said was incorrect. Still waiting for someone to do that.
Casper
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies