Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 12:32 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,763,920 times

Advertisements

Damn it!!!! Why did we do this to ourselves.

Let's pull together as a country for Chrissakes!!!!

Yes, we want less debt, less taxes, and less goverment waste, and more jobs, innovation, and wealth.

Why do we need to keep acting like *******s instead of a smart, creative populace, when the world looks to us for leadership. I am afraid we will fail our children with this partisan garbage.

Sigh...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2011, 12:52 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,068,024 times
Finally civilization will collapse and I can embark on a life of heavy drink, brigandage, pillaging, and of course, raping. Oh, and I'm going to spray paint my initials on someone else's property!

The stock market has almost nothing to do with the economy. The only reason it has any tie to the economy is due to perceptions of so many people playing a game they don't understand. I'm pretty sure there will be an impact because many clueless day traders will get all panicky and rush to unload their assets before the hordes from the wasteland raid their suburbs.

Personally I'll sit and watch till I feel it's hit bottom at which point I'll buy. I doubt I'll be alone.

Old 08-06-2011, 06:24 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post

Yes, we want less debt, less taxes, and less goverment waste, and more jobs, innovation, and wealth.

Why do we need to keep acting like *******s instead of a smart, creative populace, when the world looks to us for leadership. I am afraid we will fail our children with this partisan garbage.

Sigh...
Because our government consists of career politicians who only think what's in it for them and theirs.

Old 08-06-2011, 06:45 AM

24,415 posts, read 23,070,474 times
I don't think you'll see Obama jumping off a ledge like the old Stockmarket crash stories, but he'll probably hold up in a bunker someplace. He might have to fight Dick Cheney for it, though.

Old 08-06-2011, 08:14 PM

1,535 posts, read 1,634,206 times
The way I understand it: Pension plans and Money Market have to hold AAA bonds so Monday there may be a big sell just to get within legal bounds. Also the Euro has alot of problems and Germany says it is not going to bail the euro out this time.

Old 08-06-2011, 10:11 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,459,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stokes172 View Post
Very few countries have triple AAA ratings.

it's not the end of the world...

List of countries by credit rating - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't think that 17 is "very few".

Old 08-06-2011, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post

Sigh...
I agree but it is part of the elite's plan (divide and conquer). You'd think if people realized what was at stake they wouldn't be so easily led/divided though.

Old 08-07-2011, 06:07 PM

If 1160 or above on the S&P holds for some days, we could start going back up.

Old 08-07-2011, 07:26 PM

1,535 posts, read 1,634,206 times
It's Sunday night and the futures are falling, Telavev is tanking at down 7% and closed, this does not bode well for tomorrow.

Old 08-07-2011, 07:31 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,986,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stokes172 View Post
Very few countries have triple AAA ratings.

it's not the end of the world...

List of countries by credit rating - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
How does Saudi Arabia have a AA-...... They don't like writing checks?

How can a oil glut nation have a crappy credit rating?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies