Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 10:12 PM

170 posts, read 362,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Government is not some mysterious force with magical powers that runs on pixie dust.
If you work for the government this is what you believe. That is why government "workers" are so out of touch with the realities of being a taxpayer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2011, 11:01 PM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitlynn_Ann View Post
Do you honestly in your heart believe that workers making 30k-70k a year with just enough health benefits not to go bankrupt is the reason for the problems we are facing right now? Can you honestly look in the mirror and say that to yourself with a straight face?
He or she cannot and they know federal workers aren't the problem at all since much like the private sector majority of them are paid low but the benefits are usually better than the private sector.

Alot of blacks do work for the government, I rarely see a white usps worker and its usually blacks or other minorities and to be honest its something they won't admit but it is bothers slot of them as they feel minorities aren't qualified to do the job.

I mean you can be a black women and make 35k a year with good benefits and not be required to have a degree, that's not bad at all and it rubs people the wrong way as they feel affirmative action is the problem.

I think a good amount of this anti government thing is racism since blacks especially have been doing better financially than we have in the past.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Old 08-06-2011, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
That's because our government is the biggest racists in the room.

Individuals don't count, but favored groups do.
Lol what?

Have you seen the breakdown of the higher ups in any private sector job lately? Everyone who is someone is white? You haven't noticed?

Heck 95% of any I.T department is white and that's with all these Indians with work visas running around, you rarely see a black face doing something technical or something of actual importance. Blacks getting the supervisor position to look over some collectors and report back to the man at the end of the shift.

Most you guys are just shock posters imo.

Old 08-06-2011, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
It's always about race with liberals.
Because alot of what you guys are against usually is something that really helps minorities.

The government has been a steady solution for stable black employment for years. Lower pay than private but better than benefits.

Old 08-06-2011, 11:19 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,437,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
Lol what?

Have you seen the breakdown of the higher ups in any private sector job lately? Everyone who is someone is white? You haven't noticed?

Heck 95% of any I.T department is white and that's with all these Indians with work visas running around, you rarely see a black face doing something technical or something of actual importance. Blacks getting the supervisor position to look over some collectors and report back to the man at the end of the shift.

Most you guys are just shock posters imo.

Can you cite this babble?

If blacks aren't in IT jobs, it's because they dont want to be (just like anyone else who isn't).

Old 08-06-2011, 11:22 PM

Quote:
You say entrepreneurship. However the problem is going into business doing what exactly? Most of the essentials that we buy come from Wal-Mart, Unilever, Proctor and Gamble and other large conglomerates. These businesses are so powerful they shape our image consciousness. Even the local bakery or cupcake shop often cannot survive without them.

Hello, black people are face of entrepreneurship. Not as proprietors but often in the branding and marketing. Want to sell house alarms? Use black faces. Want to sell the latest coolest club album? Use black faces. Its sad, but it is often easy to be a entrepreneur if you know how to exploit a demographic. You can provide jobs and run a successful business but its at the expense of other people. It is much harder to be a honest, hard working business owner/entrepreneur of any race.
America is constantly looking for that crossover black guy or girl that can appeal to whites. In a sense this individual will get a push in favor of diversity and diversity is a big thing in America, you want a friend of another race that you have things in common with while learning this persons culture.

The it black people specifically are walking atm machines to businesses, they spend alot of money and companies know this and are constantly looking at a way to appeal to black America.

Which is why all this anti affirmative action talk will end because you wants blacks to spend and they need money to spend.

Old 08-06-2011, 11:30 PM

954 posts, read 1,280,827 times
Quote:
Even though statistically speaking Blacks are not overrespresented in the federal government there seems to be a push with this notion that Blacks are overrespresented.
Uh, I've never heard of this before you just brought it up. I think you're projecting.

Old 08-06-2011, 11:40 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,172,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
Lol what?

Sure. And there's an abundance of blacks with degrees in the technical fields and no one will hire them because they're racists.
Hard data shows that most black students have no interest in being an engineer or working in I.T. And the ones that do are almost guaranteed a job as most companies love to flaunt their diverse work forces and will gladly hire a qualified black person.

Qualified is a key word there. I get sick of people complaining about the racial numbers at an organization or company not matching up to the national numbers. I don't know what kind of crippled logic deems that since blacks make up 12 percent of the population that they must make up 12 percent of every industry. It doesn't make any sense, yet I see people make that twisted claim all the time.

Old 08-07-2011, 08:49 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times
I think one stat I saw said 24% of government workers are Black. I'm not sure if that's just the Feds or government on all levels. I know Blacks are overrepresented in the military and post office.

The Federal Government has long been a source of relatively good jobs for Blacks in this country going all the way back to slavery. For one reason or another the Feds tended to be more willing to hire Blacks for certain jobs than the private sector.

Old 08-07-2011, 08:53 AM

810 posts, read 837,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I think one stat I saw said 24% of government workers are Black. I'm not sure if that's just the Feds or government on all levels. I know Blacks are overrepresented in the military and post office.

The Federal Government has long been a source of relatively good jobs for Blacks in this country going all the way back to slavery. For one reason or another the Feds tended to be more willing to hire Blacks for certain jobs than the private sector.
The same reason private business hire Indians for customer service. The cultural/language barrier is an impediment to customers getting access to upper management. Usually those black hires are the most rude and unhelpful people. This has been a trend of the elite for centuries since tax collectors. They are going to need some oppressive mechanism against the people they want to keep in check.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies