Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2011, 11:16 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,858,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
There's an obvious subtext going on in this thread. Some people think that what is happening is deserved, and would not mind seeing it here.
It WILL happen here, and the liberal apologists will find something to blame it on. We got guns though
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2011, 11:17 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,481,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
It WILL happen here, and the liberal apologists will find something to blame it on. We got guns though
Yep.

Tea Party protests: violent!

Actual riots: Understandable and Justified.

Old 08-09-2011, 11:18 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times
Quote:
We also have riot police and the National Guard.
Over there they are still deciding whether or not tear gas is warranted

The public is angry that the police aren't doing enough to stop the looting and burning and beating up of people.

http://news.yahoo.com/british-police...160745566.html
"Britons swept up, patched up and feared further violence Tuesday, demanding police do more to protect them after three nights of rioting left looted stores, torched cars and blackened buildings across London and several other U.K. cities.
Police in Britain generally avoid tear gas, water cannons or other strong-arm riot measures."

Old 08-09-2011, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Over there they are still deciding whether or not tear gas is warranted
LOL. You gota be kidding me...

Old 08-09-2011, 11:20 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,005,755 times
Quote:
Not every immigrant to Britain has come from a country destroyed by Britain. Moreover, it really doesn't matter because people are individuals and their conscience does not extend to what happened to their ancestors. They are pissed off, and they are rioting. Why are they pissed off? Because they're not successful. The average person does not care what happened a hundred years ago.

Do Jews do this in Germany? Because they have just as much justification if not more than these people.
I love the passive interpretation of world events here. In the minds of some, it's as if there was no history at all. BTW...I'm responding to those who complain and whine about "immigration" and "multiculturism." I still say, if the British hadn't of broken up the Ottoman Empire, and sliced up Africa like a delicatessan, these problems wouldn't exist on the level that they have exploded to.

BTW..the Jews responded by creating Israel. Perhaps you should talk to a few Palestinians about it.

Old 08-09-2011, 11:22 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,481,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
I love the passive interpretation of world events here. In the minds of some, it's as if there was no history at all. BTW...I'm responding to those who complain and whine about "immigration" and "multiculturism." I still say, if the British hadn't of broken up the Ottoman Empire, and sliced up Africa like a delicatessan, these problems wouldn't exist on the level that they have exploded to.

BTW..the Jews responded by creating Israel. Perhaps you should talk to a few Palestinians about it.

Why don't you just be honest and say you approve and support the "rioters"?

Just be honest!

Old 08-09-2011, 11:23 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times
ROFL..now you have Iran telling the UK what to do.
Listen to their requests ? These are poor unemployed youth looting for free stuff. That's their "request".

UK Riots Live Blog | Al Jazeera Blogs
"Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast said the British government should "exercise restraint", avoid using violence and instead "talk to protesters and listen to their requests", the official IRNA news agency reported."

Old 08-09-2011, 11:25 AM

Quote:
And you seem to think that is a direct cause of a riot in London. It's not. Again, conscience does not extend to ancestors.

You talk about mistreatment in the past yet you gloss over the fact that Britain is one of the most generous welfare states in the world. There are plenty of people who have it MUCH worse off than these guys. They're not rioting.

Quote:
There are still Jews in Germany. And the rest, they went on their own instead of complaining. I'm not even going to get into that whole Israel situation, but did they sit there waiting for handouts and throwing a fit when they didn't get everything they wanted?

Old 08-09-2011, 11:26 AM

230 posts, read 552,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
im not your enemy cmk. my fight isnt with you.

all im saying is that born equal talk is crap.

the odds are heavy in my favor that you CMK, will be a middle working class person your entire life. you will not marry into the elite because they won't let you. your stuck where you are, unless you can jump up a class, which is rare.

this applies to the poor class as well. they will be stuck where they are unless they do something to jump a class, which again is rare.
It's not possible for you to be more misguided.

Old 08-09-2011, 11:26 AM

Quote:
They exist on the level they have exploded to for one reason. Britain has allowed massive immigration of uneducated immigrants, and then raised them as spoiled children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies