Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 01:41 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,076,521 times

Advertisements

My new favorite Muslim is my Denver Nuggets newest draft pick - Kenneth Faried. He was raised in New Jersey by his Muslim mother and her Muslim lesbian wife.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2011, 01:42 PM

1,970 posts, read 1,757,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
My new favorite Muslim is my Denver Nuggets newest draft pick - Kenneth Faried. He was raised in New Jersey by his Muslim mother and her Muslim lesbian wife.
More of those not really Muslim people I see.

Old 08-07-2011, 01:47 PM

1,777 posts, read 1,400,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MORebelWoman View Post
More of those not really Muslim people I see.
No true Scotsman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 08-07-2011, 02:05 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,915,184 times
What's the reason for starting yet another thread like this?

Old 08-07-2011, 02:19 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,455,257 times
I grew up in Metro Detroit. About half an hour from Dearborn.

The people who've been using "sharia law" as some sort of cute buzzword for the past couple years have generally never met an actual Muslim in their pathetic provincial lives, and know as much about the Islamic religion as they do about the Uruguayan bond market.

Old 08-07-2011, 05:43 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,394,145 times
I hate to spoil the party, but did any of you all folks notice what news channel was covering this story? It's in the upper left hand corner of the video. RT News. Formally known as Russia Today.

RT (TV network) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I always figgered there was something wrong with some of these folks claiming to be patriots that are posting on CDF. They handily toss around words like Marxists and communists and continue their attempts to divide and weaken our country. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if some of the more active right wing members are posting from a dismal apartment complex in Moscow.

RT has been criticized as having pro-Putin and Soviet bias, advancing conspiracy theories, featuring radical commentators and promoting an extremist and anti western agenda, including support for fundamentalist Islamic propaganda. Some of these allegations have been acknowledged by the TV station, claiming them to be legitimate for an alternative TV station.[

Old 08-07-2011, 05:58 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,394,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Sharia law in bid to conquer London — RT

Muslims in London are already organizing religious police to enforce sharia law and hope to see similar such enforcement across Europe.
What's your motive in posting a link from a Russian news agency?

Old 08-08-2011, 12:52 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,460,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
What's the reason for starting yet another thread like this?
Id you or anyone else here go to the linked news story and read or watch the news video on the site? Probably not. Even though Sharia law is against English law, there are Muslim communities putting up signs warning people that Sharia laws are being enforced and they're in the process of gathering people to patrol their streets to enforce Sharia law (like Saudi Religious Police). It's obvious from the video that these aren't all recent immigrants. Some in the video are fair skinned red haired Englishmen who converted to Islam. If Sharia law can take a foothold in London communities then why do you feel it's too much a stretch of the imagination that they might try to start it here?

Old 08-08-2011, 12:56 AM

13,290 posts, read 15,262,527 times
Quote:

Muslims in London are already organizing religious police to enforce sharia law and hope to see similar such enforcement across Europe.
The Muslims are coming!

Old 08-08-2011, 01:58 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,442,992 times
Quote:

I never understood this ridiculous "Sharia law" crap. What are you people smoking anyway?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies