Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 06:15 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,658,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
To help with the crisis over there? I mean, we did it for Libya to "protect our interests," Obama said. Aren't the lives of thousands of starving kids important?

Remember? We did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2011, 06:18 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,768,722 times
Is Somolia sitting on a big pool of oil? If so the wesrern petroleum companies will have us there ASAP. If not the poor buggars will be left to starve or be enslaved by the Arabs. Or both.

Old 08-08-2011, 06:26 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,478,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Is Somolia sitting on a big pool of oil? If so the wesrern petroleum companies will have us there ASAP. If not the poor buggars will be left to starve or be enslaved by the Arabs. Or both.
After the one screwed up attempt we launched there, I think we learned the lesson: leave that sector of the world to Europe to deal with.

Why do we need to be sending anyone anywhere, frankly? We can't save ourselves it appears - time to quit trying to save the world. Get our troops home. Put them on our borders.

Let's try isolationism for a while, lol.

Old 08-08-2011, 06:47 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,739,571 times
Quote:
Aren't the lives of thousands of starving kids important?
And the US gives Billions to the UN to do what with??

Old 08-08-2011, 06:56 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,216,697 times
Quote:
I understand all those factors you all have mentioned. However, we have troops all over the world right now. I mean, we have expanded our reach since the Obama administration began. In fact, we are currently engaged in many covert missions. You mean to tell me (not really you, but in general) that we can't aid that situation, considering we have the largest military budget in the world and have all sorts of technology at our disposal?
What I mean to tell you is that such missions come at a cost. That cost normally includes the blood of our servicemen and women. Can you you tell me why we should send our people into harms way on a mission that has absolutely nothing to do with our nations security or needs?
I get the humanitarian interests, but why must we waste millions if not billions on a mission we have already done and that ended badly?
We are not the worlds police force although some seem to think that we should be.
Not our problem not our business..... Not worth 1 drop of our soldiers blood.

Old 08-08-2011, 07:01 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,768,722 times
We are not "protecting the World". We are protecting the Western oil industry's right to loot the World of every drop of pertroleum to guranree endkess monopoly profit. We are the designated thugs for an international bunch of gangsters.

Old 08-08-2011, 09:10 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,187,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
You cannot help a country that will not help itself... you help them for a day, a week, a year and they will be right back to tribal warfare and waste all that you have done....
What are they supposed to about drought? Especially the children. But of course, you're a Christian Conservative...no doubt about it. So what you're saying makes sense when I put it in perspective.

I'm not for sending troops into Somalia. Let's make that clear. But you are against helping Afghanistan too...right?

Old 08-08-2011, 11:43 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,326,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
What I mean to tell you is that such missions come at a cost. That cost normally includes the blood of our servicemen and women. Can you you tell me why we should send our people into harms way on a mission that has absolutely nothing to do with our nations security or needs?
I get the humanitarian interests, but why must we waste millions if not billions on a mission we have already done and that ended badly?
We are not the worlds police force although some seem to think that we should be.
Not our problem not our business..... Not worth 1 drop of our soldiers blood.

We've had a history of doing it, that's why. I mean, we "supported" NATOs efforts with the whole Libya situation because the evil government was denying democracy to the people and running a dictatorship. I guess Somalia doesn't have natural resources that we need to protect.

Old 08-08-2011, 11:47 AM

1,742 posts, read 3,116,160 times
SF are already there. RP

Old 08-08-2011, 03:27 PM

20,329 posts, read 19,917,068 times
Quote:
To help with the crisis over there? I mean, we did it for Libya to "protect our interests," Obama said. Aren't the lives of thousands of starving kids important?
Identify the US interests if you want support for your OP.

Starving children are not, imo.

Let Russia, China, Arab League......do the heavy lifting for a change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies