Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2011, 06:41 PM

3,325 posts, read 3,170,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
So much for toning down the rhetoric.
That's what I was thinking. I also read somewhere that the obama campaign planned on "killing" romney metaphorically speaking during this presidential campaign. Pathetic.

Quote:
Barack Obama's 2012 plan: 'Kill Romney'
55EmailPrintBy ALEXANDER BURNS | 8/9/11 6:53 AM EDT
Smith and Martin peer ahead at the general election:

Barack Obama’s aides and advisers are preparing to center the president’s re-election campaign on a ferocious personal assault on Mitt Romney’s character and business background, a strategy grounded in the early stage expectation that the former Massachusetts governor is the likely GOP nominee.

The dramatic and unabashedly negative turn is the product of political reality. Obama remains personally popular, but pluralities in recent polling disapprove of his handling of his job and Americans fear the country is on the wrong track. His aides are increasingly resigned to running for re-election in a glum nation. And so the candidate who ran on “hope” in 2008 has little choice four years later but to run a slashing, personal campaign aimed at disqualifying his likeliest opponent.

In a move that will make some Democrats shudder, Obama’s high command has even studied President Bush’s 2004 takedown of Sen. John F. Kerry, a senior campaign adviser told POLITICO, for clues on how a president with middling approval ratings can defeat a challenger.

Unless things change and Obama can run on accomplishments, he will have to kill Romney,” said a prominent Democratic strategist aligned with the White House.

Read more: Barack Obama's 2012 plan: 'Kill Romney' - Alexander Burns - POLITICO.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2011, 06:56 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,851,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
You're free to be as miserable as you want in your one horse town. Go on mavericky maverick. Pick up your bootstraps. Your herd of nuisance idiots shooting at economic engines for kicks claiming yourselves victims isn't washing.

Destroyers of civilization is job one. You simply haven't caught onto the grander plan the think tank who hijacked your brain has implemented just yet. You are the perpetrator by proxy, not the victim.
I'm far from miserable, I'm actually quite happy to see that the Tea Party has you this upset and angry. You clearly support the worthless people that we intend to remove from power, you can try to personally attack me all you want but you remain on the losing side of logic and common sense.

Old 08-17-2011, 06:57 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
That is the same John Kerry who in this vietnam testimony to congress stated that our Vietnam troops where a bunch of murders and rapist. So what new about Kerry's speeches.Bush was a Nazi;wall street is evil;business is evil;the rich are greedy evil people. One has to remmeber that todays liberals are no different than the ones who spit on our troops returning from Vietnam ;burnt the American falg;burn and looted cities or their leadership did. Nothing new with liberals.A tiger never changes his stipes as its said.

Old 08-17-2011, 07:09 PM

1,970 posts, read 1,761,392 times
Who knew that 23% of the population were mentally retarded? WOW!!! That explains a lot really!

Old 08-17-2011, 07:12 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,994,334 times
Default " Them Thar Good Ole T.E.A. Folks Be Jest Otay I Tells Yah ! ... Otay ! What !

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
The Left thinks tea parties are terrorists because the media they watch says they are. The Left are full of zombies
theunbrainwashed !!! ... On The Money !

Indeed ! ... These acutely worrisome folks are without doubt the ultimate "little bundles of misery" that have ever existed upon the face of the earth !!! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH ! Ya'll ! Zombies They Be !!!

Cheers / Old Sgt. Lamar

Old 08-17-2011, 07:28 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,994,334 times
Default Who Would Ah Thunk It Ya'll ... 23% An All !!! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH !

Quote:
Originally Posted by MORebelWoman View Post
Who knew that 23% of the population were mentally retarded? WOW!!! That explains a lot really!
MORebelWoman !!! ... Precisely !

Indeed...This bunch Be A Might "Mentally Retarded" Fer Dang Shure Ya'll!

It sho do xplane ah heap bout em !!! Yep ... These blighters just ain't ready for prime time ... no way ... no how !!!!!!!!!

Ta Ta / Old Sgt. Lamar

Old 08-17-2011, 08:00 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
The seventy year old women i know in the Tea-party who just wants life better for her, i will tell her you all consider her a terrorists. Fraile women that she is, yeah she can do lots of things to hurt us. She wants her social security on time, which she has not been receiving on time.

I don't know what party she is affliated with, it could be either.

Old 08-17-2011, 10:00 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,781,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
The seventy year old women i know in the Tea-party who just wants life better for her, i will tell her you all consider her a terrorists. Fraile women that she is, yeah she can do lots of things to hurt us. She wants her social security on time, which she has not been receiving on time.

I don't know what party she is affliated with, it could be either.
Hahahaha! Thanks so much for that gem. It's a good thing she's shooting herself in the foot at 71. I don't think there could be a better illustration of cognitive dissonance. Completely out of touch with reality shooting at the cops trying to catch the thief stealing from her.

Old 08-17-2011, 10:04 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,781,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I'm actually quite happy to see that the Tea Party has you this upset and angry.
In other words, you derive happiness from making people miserable. That's your 'pursuit of happiness' right. Only 'real' Americans prey on fellow citizens. IE Dixiecrats.

Case closed.

Old 08-17-2011, 10:33 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
but 55% say it is not. Of course, Democrats do not agree with Independents or Republicans on this question.

***Perhaps tellingly, while 53% of Democrats view Tea Party members as terrorists, 57% of voters not affiliated with either major party disagree, as do 74% of Republicans.***

29% Say Tea Party Members Are Terrorists, 55% Disagree - Rasmussen Reports™
Roy, I know what you mean....Its a shame when there's such disagreement when a majority believes one thing and the minority is holding out hope on something else. I know what you mean.

Gallup.Com - Polling Matters by Frank Newport: Americans' Beliefs About Obama's Birth
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies