Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 12:55 PM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
i find your JFK theory interesting but GEEZ.. what's the deal with Lincoln and Slaves.. he didn't own slaves..

LOL, that whole thing I explained above....and another poster set me straight with Lincoln's wife, perhaps I got confused, I don't know...however, it is true, I always believed he did own slaves, until today...and I disagree, it doesn't discredit a poster, I wasn't making up lies...I honestly believed it...geeze louise, the moment someone makes a mistake then they are this all horrible monster....and it discredits everything else I said, I think not...

people are waiting like vultures for mistakes...and then the fingers start pointing...ahhhh hah, see, the woman's a nut case...

well then, like I said before, in all seriousness...and please go back up and read...I admit, I was wrong, b/c I went and googled it, and it did say, many people believed Lincoln was indeed a slave owner...I remember hearing, he was one of those good slave owners, who allowed his workers to come and go as they pleased, but they didn't b/c of the danger....of being hung, hanged...whatever...but it's true, I did believe it....

I can't spell worth a darn, does that also question my credibility...listen, I'm not looking to be credible...I don't care who believes this or not...but this story about Jackie was hot news the past few days and started this thread for discussion...so, what ever you believe, that's ok...I'm simply sharing what I believe....that's all...a discussion...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2011, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
How about the bullet that hit the curb, the fragments of which hit a spectator as the car passed? Explain the trajectory on that one.
Oh That bullet, well, that was the one that went thru Kennedy, then conolly, twice, then the side of the car door.... I'm kidding....

Old 08-09-2011, 01:06 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
I have done my fair share of hunting as well, and I can tell you that a bullet that had hit anything hard enough to change its direction that drastically would have had a nasty exit wound, not the small wound to the neck that the Dallas doctors testified was and entry wound.

Then you haven't hunted enough, aren't familiar with the cartridge or both.

Last edited by Bulldogdad; 08-09-2011 at 01:19 PM..

Old 08-09-2011, 01:19 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,658,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
LOL, that whole thing I explained above....and another poster set me straight with Lincoln's wife, perhaps I got confused, I don't know...however, it is true, I always believed he did own slaves, until today...and I disagree, it doesn't discredit a poster, I wasn't making up lies...I honestly believed it...geeze louise, the moment someone makes a mistake then they are this all horrible monster....and it discredits everything else I said, I think not....
Nothing of the sort from me.. i was just blown away when you said Lincoln owned slaves.. and then reiterated it..

I have no doubt that you were told that Lincoln owned slaves when you were young. Many things we are told as children are myths...

If you find the JFK assassination so interesting, you should read about the Lincoln assassination... It was the first time the US government executed a woman.

Old 08-09-2011, 01:28 PM

3,566 posts, read 3,731,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I've always believed our own country assasinated Kennedy...even as a little girl and especially after Bobby was shot...

well, apparently, ABC did a 15 million Dollar mini series, called, "The Kennedy's" which some station out west did air, and I heard was fantastic....however, for some reason, Caroline Kennedy didn't want it to air, so she agreed to let go of tapes which her mother made with historian Arthur M Schlesinger Jr . in return that the miniseries would not be released.

Apparently it was agreed upon, that these tapes were not to be released until 50 years after Kennedy was shot. In the tapes she says she believes Johnson conspired to have Kennedy shot.

I don't know who killed Kennedy, however, when you put 2 & 2 together, you gotta question it all...especially after his last speech, warning American's.

Also, you watch the tape on U-tube of the car and how the CIA Agents stand down, backing off from the car, but one, stands there shocked and isn't understanding what is happening....

Also, the disappearance of all who saw several shots fired that day at the grassy knoll....

Ever since I was a little kid, I've always questioned this, just didn't make sense, none of it...actually back then, our country was much stronger, much more intellectual, both scientifically and scholastically, not to mention, how we had such a super powerful military at that time....Our country was strong...and yet, even then, history repeats itself, again and again, of how, money, power and sex governs man....

it was bound to eventually come out, however, maybe now is the best timing, b/c of how our government is running us into the ground...but, thank goodness, it's now coming out...it's time for American's to take off those rose colored glasses and get involved...they want us at each other's throats...republicans against democrates, and yet, both parties are corrupt...both parties are repsonsible for the decline of our country. If you look back in history, when did every great nation fall....? When they became immoral and corrupt....and we are exactly that...right now.

When I was a kid, I remember my foster dad, being very upset, so much so,t hat he was yelling....I don't know what set him off, but he was venting something like this....
"one day, the government is going to take over this country, and we will have no one to blame but ourselves". Our government wants control of everything, and you will see intelligence decline...everything we've worked so hard for will come to a hault, and it will be the ruin of this country, and it' will be the fault of the people....for allowing this to happen...!" He repeated, "We will have no one to blame but ourselves".....and he was so right...

It started many years ago, when they cut funding for military, and they started to possess that entitlement attitude, and started wasting our money...and they still do...and yet, no one is held accountable...no one asks questions, no one really cares...how much money that is our tax money goes for frivioulous expenditures....I don't even think, many of you actually realize, how much tax money is thrown out the door.

We are in debt up to our you know what's is....and we are in big big trouble....why? It isn't all the republicans, it isn't all the democrates, and no it isn't the fault of the tea party....or the libratarians...it's our fault for regressing....

and Kennedy tried to warn us...but we wouldn't listen, and they snuffed him off the face of the earth, along with almost his entire family...all these deaths were not coincidental...and if we don't wake up real quick...and make Washington accountable for the debt we're in, we're in big big trouble.

This is not about any political party, this is about, who is REALLY RUNNING THIS COUNTRY!
I've been reading your other posts. It's hard to have a rational discussion with fantasy.

Old 08-09-2011, 02:48 PM

7,329 posts, read 16,417,593 times
The LA Times is saying that ABC news denies there is anything about LBJ having Kennedy assassinated on the tapes.

Old 08-09-2011, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Nothing of the sort from me.. i was just blown away when you said Lincoln owned slaves.. and then reiterated it..

I have no doubt that you were told that Lincoln owned slaves when you were young. Many things we are told as children are myths...

If you find the JFK assassination so interesting, you should read about the Lincoln assassination... It was the first time the US government executed a woman.
yes, Redford directed a movie about it...you might want to watch it...

Old 08-10-2011, 06:08 PM

12,946 posts, read 13,328,106 times
Bullets do weird things.

I knew a kid who was shooting at some fish in a creek with a .22 many years ago. The ricochet hit him above the right kneecap on the outside of his leg and the slug spiraled all the way around the bone & stopped right under the skin near his hip.

The doctor gave him a shot of a painkiller & sent him home. After hobbling around a few days, he popped it out like a pimple.

Old 08-11-2011, 06:30 AM

I want to thank you all for not only participating in this, but for the most part, participating in an understanding way, and your ability to allow other folks they're opinions, without name calling or feeling you have to put them down, b/c they believe differently then you do...

I don't know who killed JFK...but I do believe it's really fishy...and have ever since I was a child...it was way to coincidental for me to believe, after Bobby was killed, that it was simply some nut...or an assination from another country...I might be wrong, however, for now, I'm convinced I'm not...and quit frankly I don't think the government should have the power to hide information from the public...I strongly believe they are no more human then we are, they are not Gods, and to withhold information should be against the law...get everything out in the open and allow the people to decide. We're all grown adults...to me, when someone hides something, well, you get what I'm saying.

We pay they're salaries, and to withhold any information from the American public is wrong and should be a law...which to me, would definately curtail any wrong doings by our government employees...and that is all they are folks, employees....but apparently they no longer feel they need to be held accountable and are beyond the laws...

Old 08-11-2011, 09:17 AM

12,946 posts, read 13,328,106 times
Well, it's obvious LHO pulled the trigger, but the unknown is who pulled LHO's strings.

IMO, the Mafia is at the top of the list of possibilities, followed by the Cubans, Soviets, LBJ, then the Bircher types.

But to obssess over it so much is kind of trite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies