Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 07:29 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,438,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrizzle View Post
I didn't realize that your experiences equal the reality we live in?

Here let me help you out

Unemployment in the U.S. - Google Public Data Explorer

3.9% unemployment when Bush took office
4.4% January 2007
7.8% January 2008 when Obama took office (3.4% increase in a year, thats millions of people who became unemployed under Bush, how lucky you are to have known none.)

Obama slowed it, it peaked at 10.1% under him, 9 months after taking office. 2.3%, a full 1.1% less then Bush raised it. It has been dropping slowly ever since then. People forget he really DID inherit a mess. Unemployment didn't even reached as high as it did under the republicans hero Reagan (10.8%).

If you really thought Obama would be able to come in, without the full power of congress backing his agenda, and repair things in 4 years, you don't really understand how it works. I think he COULD have actually, but he would have needed to end the wars immediately, and we needed a bigger stimulus, but everyone thinks spending is so bad... even though right now that is what we need to get people back to work.

The housing market crashed in 2007... once again this is just facts. Look it up...just because you didn't know anyone effected doesn't mean it didn't happen.
You only wish you could live my experiences, doubt you have experienced the things i have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2011, 07:29 PM

886 posts, read 2,225,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Don't cop an attitude, it is both party's and we all know it. Both have gotten us to this point, sorry don't care how you spin it, or what you throw at me Obama is so arrogant. Most of the time he is pointing fingers, at everyone but himself, and even my dem friends have the gall to admit this.
We continue on like this, any one with a brain will not be voting for the clown.

Cop an attitude? LOL I'm pointing out you obviously lean republican based on everything you said. You completely ignored the fact that republicans are also blaming everyone and not accepting that they played a part. Way to ignore a good portion of my response to you.

Regardless of whether a president is responsible or not, he gets the blame or the praise in most situations, that's for any president. That is the best thing right now... because while Obamas popularity has fallen, the majority of polls still show that a majority of the public DO NOT blame him for the economy. His favorability is basically unchanged, while congress and even more important the TEA PARTY have seen a dramatic decrease in those that view them favorably. That is massively in Obamas favor, especially with the republicans as a divided party between true republicans and rightwing nutjobs, and not a single candidate who is very inspiring.

http://www.nationaljournal.com/politics/are-the-tea-party-s-15-minutes-up—20110805 (http://www.nationaljournal.com/politics/are-the-tea-party-s-15-minutes-up%E2%80%9420110805 - broken link)

In a CBS News/New York Times poll released on Thursday, 43 percent of those responding said the tea party has too much influence on the Republican Party. Other numbers from the poll of 960 adults, conducted earlier this week, underscored the public's disillusion with the conservative insurgency: 40 percent had an unfavorable view of the movement, up from 29 percent in April. The percentage who identify themselves as tea party supporters -- which hit a high of 31 percent last November -- dropped to 18 percent.
(POLL: Insiders Expect Tea Party Influence Will Dip in 2012)
Perhaps most jarring is the sign that conservatives' enthusiasm for the movement is flagging: The percentage of Republicans who said they have a favorable view of the movement has dropped 18 points in the last four months, from 59 percent in April to 41 percent now.

Old 08-08-2011, 07:33 PM

886 posts, read 2,225,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
You only wish you could live my experiences, doubt you have experienced the things i have.
LOL

My comments = relative to the subject at hand.

Your comments = weak diss that can be summed up "nya nya i'm better then you"

Thank you for that insightful response.

Old 08-08-2011, 07:35 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,877,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tippinturtle View Post
Why exactly should he resign?

Did you read this?

Old 08-08-2011, 09:48 PM

717 posts, read 898,336 times
Didn't Obama get Bin Laden? I thought that was all we cared about.

Old 08-09-2011, 06:43 AM

30,058 posts, read 18,655,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skrizzle View Post
I didn't realize that your experiences equal the reality we live in?

Here let me help you out

Unemployment in the U.S. - Google Public Data Explorer

3.9% unemployment when Bush took office
4.4% January 2007
7.8% January 2008 when Obama took office (3.4% increase in a year, thats millions of people who became unemployed under Bush, how lucky you are to have known none.)

Obama slowed it, it peaked at 10.1% under him, 9 months after taking office. 2.3%, a full 1.1% less then Bush raised it. It has been dropping slowly ever since then. People forget he really DID inherit a mess. Unemployment didn't even reached as high as it did under the republicans hero Reagan (10.8%).

If you really thought Obama would be able to come in, without the full power of congress backing his agenda, and repair things in 4 years, you don't really understand how it works. I think he COULD have actually, but he would have needed to end the wars immediately, and we needed a bigger stimulus, but everyone thinks spending is so bad... even though right now that is what we need to get people back to work.

The housing market crashed in 2007... once again this is just facts. Look it up...just because you didn't know anyone effected doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Right.......................

What happened in 2006? The democrats gained control of the congress and thus the economy. Then things started to unravel. As your "data" shows, that is when the decline started. Bush had a pretty good economy until the dems gained control of congress and San Fran Nan started looting the treasury.

PS- Unlike Obama, Reagan ushered in an economic boom, not another recession.

Old 08-09-2011, 07:38 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,592,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
A stuffed sock. A stuffed sock at least has "substance".
And an empty sock is at least useful..

Old 08-09-2011, 07:46 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,931,450 times
Jeeeeez I wish someone of you would stop talking about your girlfriend, the thread is about Obama not Miss Sock.
Casper

Old 08-09-2011, 07:50 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,659,752 times
I don't think he should resign, I think he should do a better job!

Old 08-09-2011, 07:55 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,592,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Jeeeeez I wish someone of you would stop talking about your girlfriend, the thread is about Obama not Miss Sock.
Casper
At least my sock gives me a kiss before I get screwed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies