Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 01:43 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,814,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
How do you get the info to consider Beck a loon since you don't pay any attention to him? Oh yeah, you get your info about him from Media Matters and Kos, right?

No I don't, I watched him around 10 times in the past, twice was enough to convince me he was loony so now I don't pay any attention to him. I don't even know what Media Matters and Kos are if they are an extreme (left or right) media outlet, I would consider them loony as well and not give them any attention. Like I said, if you pay attention to loons, they will act out more and further spread their craziness, which is the case with Glen Beck and others like him on both the extreme far right and left sides of the political spectrum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2011, 01:51 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,447,180 times
Beck is right. MooMoo did say we had to change our traditions.

Old 08-09-2011, 01:52 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,859,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
As a black man and a life long comic book reader, I don't like it!

It's pandering!! And it's so obvious, that any black person should be offended.
Yeah, seems kind of condescending to me. Can't make a black superhero, have to change a white one.

Old 08-09-2011, 02:46 PM

1,189 posts, read 2,553,167 times
Its about inclusivesness. Biracial people, and people of color in general have always been here, and will always be here. That fact should be reflected in everything. The comic world is finally doing what they should have been doing all along. Beck and others that think like him are in fear of being marginalized in the way that people of color have been marginalized and excluded. That basic fear is the baseline. It is what he operates in. That fear leads to all types of irrational thinking.

Old 08-09-2011, 02:49 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,461,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
"But Glenn Beck was less happy about the idea of racial diversity in the superhero world. On his radio show, after repeatedly telling listeners that he “didn’t care” about the new superhero, adding that Spider-Man is just a “stupid comic book” (although he loved the musical), he finally said what was on his mind."

Glenn Beck Blames Obama for Long History of Multiracial Spider-Men - Houston Art - Art Attack

Glenn Beck Blames Michelle Obama for Biracial Spider-Man | Care2 Causes
Maybe he'll talk about it on Fox toni.....or wait, guess not.

Old 08-09-2011, 02:54 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,190,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Maybe he'll talk about it on Fox toni.....or wait, guess not.
Thanks PUNK, I was scratching my head trying to figure out where I heard the name Glenn Beck
before, now I remember!

Old 08-09-2011, 02:58 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,179,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
"But Glenn Beck was less happy about the idea of racial diversity in the superhero world. On his radio show, after repeatedly telling listeners that he “didn’t care” about the new superhero, adding that Spider-Man is just a “stupid comic book” (although he loved the musical), he finally said what was on his mind."

Glenn Beck Blames Obama for Long History of Multiracial Spider-Men - Houston Art - Art Attack

Glenn Beck Blames Michelle Obama for Biracial Spider-Man | Care2 Causes
He's only jealous because his dresses don't fit as well to make him look sexy enough for a nite on the town.

Old 08-09-2011, 03:22 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,515,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy74 View Post
Its about inclusivesness. Biracial people, and people of color in general have always been here, and will always be here. That fact should be reflected in everything. The comic world is finally doing what they should have been doing all along. Beck and others that think like him are in fear of being marginalized in the way that people of color have been marginalized and excluded. That basic fear is the baseline. It is what he operates in. That fear leads to all types of irrational thinking.
Actually, the comic book industry has tried this since at least the 1970s. Part of the problem is the extremely limited number of black people who read comic books. If sales don't hold up then that character or team is canceled and brought out as a special appearance in another series. Some were well written while others were obvious racial pandering. Two that did pretty well include a Green Lantern and Static Shock, both by DC comics. Marvel had Storm of the x-men and Black Panther of the Avengers. There were many others including Latinos, Asians, native Americans, and even a few mixed race characters.

Old 08-09-2011, 03:53 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Funny....I just thought Spiderman was just that....SPIDERMAN!!! What his race is under his costume always seemed insignificant to me. By the way...the new Spidey is half Hispanic too, but of course, that won't anger conservative race baitors.

And really, if you're over 10 years old and you think about this topic for longer than a few minutes, you're pretty pathetic. Get a life...seriously!

Old 08-09-2011, 03:58 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,297,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I know what Savoir does and maybe you should tell him what you think I said so he would know, since he has me on ignore.

In reading those two links I saw that there is a chance that the racial bit does cut both ways. Did you read the links or you trying to say that I was accusing Savoir of something?
I not trying to say anytihing. I simply asked if you could cite any specific ways that Savoir Faire was being unreasonable, or illogical, or irrational in his posts'?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies