Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 09:49 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,265,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Whatever you say, dude. But throwing gasoline on a fire is not an investment.

But if you have to blame somebody, let's just blame George Washington.... he started this mess.

Regardless of whose fault it is, losers blame others rather than focus on fixing problems.
Thats why your blaming Obama right? Also, just because YOU use the gasoline analogy, doesnt make it a good one. Perhaps the analogy of using a garden hose to put out a house fire might be more accurate. He is very restrained by you tea baggers from fixing what needs to be fixed. Tea baggers need the country in disarray and ruin so that they can "Take back the country" in 2 years. We had a huge surplus and a fantastic job growth in the 90s but you same people were calling for Clintons head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2011, 09:52 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
Thats why your blaming Obama right?
He's blaming Obama because he hated him getting elected on day 1 and has had the agenda (along with dozens of others like him at C-D) to get him out of the office, at ANY cost (and that includes lying, being dishonest and shameless). But then, I could be wrong and he blamed Reagan for the horrible economy during his first term, and blamed Bush for the massive economic failure and war mongering right out of the gate until Jan 9, 2009. Just waiting for his confirmation.

Old 08-11-2011, 09:54 AM

4,423 posts, read 7,369,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama said on Monday he inherited many of the country's problems with high debt and deficits when he entered the White House, sounding a theme likely to dominate his 2012 re-election campaign.

Right on!

Old 08-11-2011, 09:55 AM

15,446 posts, read 21,357,456 times
OBlama es un problema.

Old 08-11-2011, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
While you're at it, please try to explain the explosion in gasoline prices ($1.92/gallon to $3.67/gallon per Consumer Reports) since February of 2009.

Was that Bush's fault as well?
No, who said it was? Is it Obamas fault...neither man, It wasnt Bushes fault when gas ran up on his watch either. Why do people think POTUS has anything to do with fuel prices. Maybe Im wrong and one of you can educate me. Please no teabaggers, as I want to be taught by someone who has formal education.

Old 08-11-2011, 09:57 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
While you're at it, please try to explain the explosion in gasoline prices ($1.92/gallon to $3.67/gallon per Consumer Reports) since February of 2009.

Was that Bush's fault as well?
Were you blaming Bush for $4/gallon in 2008? If you were, I think you could blame Obama now. If you weren't, then...

Old 08-12-2011, 10:45 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,568,977 times
The weak dollar policy of this President has ensured that everything will increase in price, and not just gasoline; it's also destroyed the savings of millions of seniors in this country as well.

The economy isn't going to turn around either for all the reasons recently and previously stated by Steve Wynn, Donald Trump, and many other super-successful businessmen and women.

His insistence on raising taxes at this point in time is asinine, and his refusal to accept blame for the economic conditions which have worsened substantially on his watch reek of someone who can't accept the fact that he's been wrong more often than he's been right, and alienating and/or denigrating our allies in an unprecedented manner are merely more signs of his incompetence.

Old 08-13-2011, 08:19 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,953,537 times
Quote:
No, who said it was? Is it Obamas fault...neither man, It wasnt Bushes fault when gas ran up on his watch either. Why do people think POTUS has anything to do with fuel prices. Maybe Im wrong and one of you can educate me. Please no teabaggers, as I want to be taught by someone who has formal education.
I am a tea party member, hold two degrees in the sciences, and over 25 various professional level certifications.

What is your education again?

Also, would you please answer the question I asked of you. Why do you keep evading it?

Old 08-13-2011, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
I am a tea party member, hold two degrees in the sciences, and over 25 various professional level certifications.

What is your education again?

Also, would you please answer the question I asked of you. Why do you keep evading it?
proves the rule,...that there are exceptions to the rule. Although, when I was in the Navy, I worked with Nuclear physicist, and they had the least common sense aboard. It was the big joke. Even with an education, you still elected to belong to the Tea party. Maybe you are there to help them read the forms or something. Perhaps you are there to witness when they sign X on the voting forms, like back in the old west. Should probably get a tax write off for helping the special needy.

All Joking aside:

Ill admit, I do NOT have 25 professional level certifications, not even close. I only hold 1 BS in Geology, and an 2 year accounting degree. You probably put my education to shame....I would have more college, but it became a problem as I had to start raising a family. I am currently a part owner of a mattress company, and do not use any of that education, other than accounting.

Please ask your question again, Im sorry, but I don't recall it. I wont avoid it, what ever it is.

Old 08-14-2011, 07:14 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,953,537 times
Quote:
proves the rule,...that there are exceptions to the rule. Although, when I was in the Navy, I worked with Nuclear physicist, and they had the least common sense aboard. It was the big joke. Even with an education, you still elected to belong to the Tea party. Maybe you are there to help them read the forms or something. Perhaps you are there to witness when they sign X on the voting forms, like back in the old west. Should probably get a tax write off for helping the special needy.

All Joking aside:

Ill admit, I do NOT have 25 professional level certifications, not even close. I only hold 1 BS in Geology, and an 2 year accounting degree. You probably put my education to shame....I would have more college, but it became a problem as I had to start raising a family. I am currently a part owner of a mattress company, and do not use any of that education, other than accounting.

Please ask your question again, Im sorry, but I don't recall it. I wont avoid it, what ever it is.
My point was that you are generalizing and to claim any group is such without hard evidence is simply politicking. in my experiences, most I have met are reasonable, intelligent, and often well educated. Don't believe the hype you see going around, it is political tactics to get people to think that the tea party is all racists, ignorant, backwards people too stupid to take their complaints seriously. It is the age old downplay in politics.

As for my question, it was concerning Obama.

You can click the link back if you need to review what I was specifically questioning you about:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
So how did Obama's stimulus bill spending (which was absurdly high), his healthcare bill, and his buyout and loss on private companies help the issue?

What was the debt at before he got into office? What is it at now? Explain to me how that spending helped any at all? I mean, especially if we are going to blame bush for running up the bills, how did Obama's spending help resolve the issue?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies