Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2011, 03:47 PM

37,468 posts, read 61,396,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachgns View Post
... Do you not ever turn on your tap and drink the water? Or wash in it? That water was Treated.
'treated'?

Why is your water treated?

My water is not treated. I have well water.

Old 08-14-2011, 04:02 PM

1,695 posts, read 3,044,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
'treated'?

Why is your water treated?

My water is not treated. I have well water.
The great majority of people get their water from water providers who do various treatments to the water, whether it is filtration, flocculation, chlorination, etc. Even well water, if from a public system, has to meet certain water quality standards. Otherwise, the well is shut down, thus "interfering with nature." Or the well water may be filtered by the user with a Point Of Use filter, for example built into a refrigerator or on the faucet.

Old 08-14-2011, 04:13 PM

Quote:
The great majority of people get their water from water providers who do various treatments to the water, whether it is filtration, flocculation, chlorination, etc. Even well water, if from a public system, has to meet certain water quality standards. Otherwise, the well is shut down, thus "interfering with nature." Or the well water may be filtered by the user with a Point Of Use filter, for example built into a refrigerator or on the faucet.
So if the majority of people get their water from municipal water treatment facilities that means that everyone's water is treated?

I see.

Old 08-14-2011, 04:15 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
So if the majority of people get their water from municipal water treatment facilities that means that everyone's water is treated?

I see.
Don't trust anyone who uses the word, "providers".

Old 08-14-2011, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Don't trust anyone who uses the word, "providers".
LOL

My town has no such 'providers'.

Old 08-14-2011, 04:22 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,457,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
In response to the bolded question, no our government was not trying to make the HPV vaccine mandatory. No vaccines are mandatory, and it depends on the state and local level in regards to what vaccines they require for entrance to public schools. Also, most areas allow you to opt out of vaccines for relgious or even personal reasons and if you opt out for religious reasons they cannot ask your religion or request any other information.

I know quite a few people who do not give vaccines to any of their children.

But on the HPV info, I would not give it to my child either. This is why they do these initial trials overseas because most Americans and other western nations don't care about poor third world children being killed by vaccines too much. This is not the first vaccine to have caused deaths and won't be the last. Unfortunately it is the price of progress in the fight against disease.
Rick Perry thinks this vaccine is perfectly fine and wanted to subject all Texas girls to it. Imagine if he was oor president and somehow this country under him remained as bad as or got even worse than it is now. You might see MANDATORY Gardasil vaccines right here in the "free" USA.

Old 08-14-2011, 04:31 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Rick Perry thinks this vaccine is perfectly fine and wanted to subject all Texas girls to it. Imagine if he was oor president and somehow this country under him remained as bad as or got even worse than it is now. You might see MANDATORY Gardasil vaccines right here in the "free" USA.
That would be one of the few good things about him. We'd have fewer cases of several kinds of cancer and a reduction in genital warts.

Old 08-14-2011, 06:23 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,110,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Having been in the military and receiving my full complement of vaccinations I now realize how foolish and ignorant I was at the time. The problem is that so many of us are raised to believe what we are spoon fed by conventional medicine. So many people never dare question or even THINK to question what they are told. It is only after many, many years of reading and reading and listening and watching that you come to realize that in their eyes we are simply here to provide an outlet for drug therapy and expensive (and usually unnecessary and ineffective) medical procedures.

People MUST take the time and make the effort to educate themselves to the truth. I am so amazed that, so far, my exposure to vaccinations and conventional medicine in the past has not resulted in something life-threatening. But I know, that if that does happen, I now have the knowledge I need to fight it and win. It saddens me the people who refuse to open their eyes.

I have known so many people who fail to question or learn and they suffer horribly and unnecessarily at the end of their lives.

20yrsinBranson
You SHOULD question everything, it's psychologically healthy. What is not psychologically healthy is just going against what you've been told instead of informing yourself about the topic and making your own decision.

Oh, vaccines cause autism? Welp, not going to vax my kid then, okay.

I agree, people need to open their eyes, it is quite sad.

Old 08-14-2011, 06:29 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,110,985 times
Quote:
Not to mention most people with wells have some kind of system in their home that treats or softens the water before it comes through to the user.

Old 08-14-2011, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Not to mention most people with wells have some kind of system in their home that treats or softens the water before it comes through to the user.
'most people'? Maybe in the few areas where the ground water has a lot of junk in it from mining or haz-mat spills.

We have our water tested, our most recent test was a week ago, most of it's results are on my desk [all but a couple things that had to be sent out of state for the testing]. We have nothing that needs to be filtered from our water.

As far as I know most of the USA has clean water.

There are a isolated spots where junk has been dumped and the ground water has been contaminated. But mostly the 'worst' is hardness.

'most' wells do not need any filtering.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies