Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2011, 08:20 PM

1,695 posts, read 3,030,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
'most people'? Maybe in the few areas where the ground water has a lot of junk in it from mining or haz-mat spills.

We have our water tested, our most recent test was a week ago, most of it's results are on my desk [all but a couple things that had to be sent out of state for the testing]. We have nothing that needs to be filtered from our water.

As far as I know most of the USA has clean water.

There are a isolated spots where junk has been dumped and the ground water has been contaminated. But mostly the 'worst' is hardness.

'most' wells do not need any filtering.
Most of the USA does have clean water - because it is treated, either chemically or physically, or both. Only about 15% of the Country uses water from wells.

Since this is a political forum, I might as well add a little "politics" to the response. Many, if not the majority, of municipal water systems are made by the Koch brothers' companies. Just throwing that out there.

Old 08-14-2011, 09:05 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,202,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Your faith seems wholly prostitutional.
I researched both sides of the coin (and continue to do so) before I had children and went with the side that wasn't fear-mongering/hysterical/non-factual. Which means I vax my children.

Quote:
Are you making a buck off your spew?
You mean facts? No.

Are you making a buck off of your anti-vax stance?

Last edited by Informed Info; 08-14-2011 at 09:47 PM..

Old 08-14-2011, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Maybe you should extend your tour to vaccine-induced autistic children.
There is no proof that vaccines cause autism. ANYWHERE.

What anti-vaxers should do is stop focusing on how horrible vaccines aren't, and round up those kids who "caught" autism after receiving the MMR and demand research be done on the genetic/chemical make-up of these kids. See if there is some commonality.

When I was questioning my kid's pediatrician (who has been in practice for 30+ years) about the MMR and the risk of autism he told me that he and his partners (pediatricians in the same pediatric group) can spot a child who is autistic before the age of two. The problem is that the parents don't want to hear it. They don't want to believe that their child might have autism, so when the first round of MMR comes up around the age of 2, and the child is NOTICEABLY well behind his/her peers or acting differently than his/her peers, and diagnosed with autism, they finally listen and they blame the vaccination.

Old 08-14-2011, 09:49 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,257,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
There is no proof that vaccines cause autism. ANYWHERE.

What anti-vaxers should do is stop focusing on how horrible vaccines aren't, and round up those kids who "caught" autism after receiving the MMR and demand research be done on the genetic/chemical make-up of these kids. See if there is some commonality.

When I was questioning my kid's pediatrician (who has been in practice for 30+ years) about the MMR and the risk of autism he told me that he and his partners (pediatricians in the same pediatric group) can spot a child who is autistic before the age of two. The problem is that the parents don't want to hear it. They don't want to believe that their child might have autism, so when the first round of MMR comes up around the age of 2, and the child is NOTICEABLY well behind his/her peers or acting differently than his/her peers, and diagnosed with autism, they finally listen and they blame the vaccination.
If you think injecting squalene into the bloodstream doesn't cause lifetime problems, you haven't read enough.

And, doctors don't read scientific journals.

Even if they did, funding controls research outcomes.

All publishable science is political science.

Old 08-14-2011, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Too many people have gotten the measles and come out the better for it.

I'm one, myself.
How does one "come out the better for it"?

Do you mean you were lucky that when you had the measles you didn't have an underlying and undiagnosed condition that would have caused big issues for you?

No one dies from the measles, they die from "complications DUE to".

You might want to get your titers checked...just because you naturally contracted the disease does NOT mean you have "automatic" full immunity from said disease.

Old 08-14-2011, 10:00 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,257,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
How does one "come out the better for it"?

Do you mean you were lucky that when you had the measles you didn't have an underlying and undiagnosed condition that would have caused big issues for you?

No one dies from the measles, they die from "complications DUE to".

You might want to get your titers checked...just because you naturally contracted the disease does NOT mean you have "automatic" full immunity from said disease.
I knew some kids at my measles-age that had developed such strong immune systems that they couldn't get a case of measles if they sucked pus all day.

Course, they drank unpasteurized milk and ate dirt.

Old 08-14-2011, 10:10 PM

Quote:
If you think injecting squalene into the bloodstream doesn't cause lifetime problems, you haven't read enough.
Squalene occurs in nature and is found in human blood. Even if you aren't vaccinated. And the parts per billion that have ever been found in a vaccine, are 30 fold LESS than what naturally occurs in humans.

Quote:
And, doctors don't read scientific journals.
Yes they do.

Quote:
Even if they did, funding controls research outcomes.
Says conspiracy theorists.

Quote:
All publishable science is political science.
More conspiracy theory-talk.

Old 08-14-2011, 10:14 PM

37,042 posts, read 41,972,100 times
Quote:
I knew some kids at my measles-age that had developed such strong immune systems that they couldn't get a case of measles if they sucked pus all day.

You actually don't know any such thing. Unless you've been scientifically testing them. Do tell.

Old 08-14-2011, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Developed strong immune systems from what? Contracting the measles leaves one's complete immune system coated in titanium?

Get your titers checked.

Quote:
So that protected them from....mumps? Small Pox? Tetanus? Polio? Pertussis? Rubella?

What is you point?

Old 08-14-2011, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Rick Perry thinks this vaccine is perfectly fine and wanted to subject all Texas girls to it. Imagine if he was oor president and somehow this country under him remained as bad as or got even worse than it is now. You might see MANDATORY Gardasil vaccines right here in the "free" USA.
It absolutely should remain elective.

Just take your daughters to get their yearly internals the minute you suspect they are having sex or the second they tell you they are. Because by the time cervical lesions, due to HPV, are found, you're already at the pre-cervical cancer stage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies