Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 09:51 PM

1,372 posts, read 1,548,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Christians Openly Advocate Killing Athiests on FOX News Facebook Page

This is not unusual in regards to foxnews.

Scroll down in the above link to see some of the christian hate..

Fox News pulls Facebook post after death threats aimed at guest | The Cutline - Yahoo! News

Idle threats from idle minds -the vain last gasps of a frightened ethos in its death throes lashing out at those whose reason is rendering obsolete their Bronze-Age superstitions.

Last edited by Zekester; 08-09-2011 at 10:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2011, 09:53 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,251,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOhioBound View Post
Ah, how Christian of them
You're right. It's not.

Every religion and non-religious group has their over-the-top nut jobs.

Christianity gets swiped with a broad brush - one or several are actual morons in a certain situation but that tends to be overlooked. The focus is on the religion as a whole.

Muslims take out a few towers, some of the pentagon, a field in PA, bunch of people...and let's DISTINGUISH between the nut-job muslims and the non-nut jobs. To the point "tolerance for muslims" gets taught in public schools.

Old 08-09-2011, 09:55 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,094,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
You will say just about ANYTHING to deflect from the fact that there have been Christians that feel perfectly justified to use violence based on their religious beliefs. For example anti-abortion activist who are Christians that shoot, bomb or use other forms of violence or harassment against doctors who perform abortions or people who work in abortion clinics.
By definition one can not be a Christian and shoot or bomb an abortion clinic, or any other type of clinic for that matter. Crack open a Bible once in a while and you'll see what I mean. If I refer to myself as an astronaut and wear a fishbowl on my head, am I therefore an astronaut? According to your reasoning, or lack hereof, yes.

Old 08-09-2011, 09:58 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,361,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nr5667 View Post
Well, the names don't sound very Muslim or Jewish, and I'm pretty sure they aren't atheists...

What makes you "pretty sure"?

Old 08-09-2011, 10:00 PM

1 posts, read 881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Maybe their own statements?

Old 08-09-2011, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Oh, gotcha, it's just a coincidence that all those commenterss are not christian, but are voicing their hatred for atheists not wanting a christian symbol; and despite not being christian, all of them have names traditionally not associated with jews, muslims, hindus, buddhists, etc...

Bang up logic, there.

You have a negative view of Christians, therefore Christians are responsible for these comments?

Are any other groups which you don't like guilty of making death threats simply because you don't like them or are Christians unique?

Old 08-09-2011, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
You KNOW that these are Christians?
Quote:
Well, the names don't sound very Muslim or Jewish, and I'm pretty sure they aren't atheists...
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suq Madiq View Post
Maybe their own statements?

A blog gives an account of activities on Facebook and the facts are in!

If I write something on CD, is it true?

Old 08-09-2011, 10:24 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,471,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tmess View Post
Funny.. whenever "Christians" do something wrong "That's insane! They are NOT Christian! PSHH!".. yet, one muslim does something and they are ALL like that.

Christians, cherry picking their views since the beginning of time.
So glad more and more people are opening their eyes and Religion is slowly dying.

Thats the same for all religions. It is a sin to murder someone but somehow put someone to death in form of corporal punishment is ok. It is a sin to commit adultery, yet people do it all the time despite their religious views.
Didn't Jesus mention that we should turn the other cheek and to forgive. Instead we cry for revenge.
Religion is there to comfort people. Without Religion in their lives people would be lost.

Old 08-09-2011, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganusn View Post
This argument is very old. I didn't know people still used this. It's like someone saying "If we came from monkeys, why are monkeys still around?"

These men killed people for political reasons. Please read about things like the Great Leap Forward before making such a boisterous claim.

Better question...

Why are straw men still around?

"These men killed people for political reasons."

Thanks for the sanitized version.

If I'm Italian and eat a taco in Tijuana while wearing a sombrero, do I become Mexican?

Whatever motives they may have had for killing others, these Atheists also killed religious people for religious reasons.

P.S. we all know about Mao. Save the pseudo-intellectual snobbery.

Old 08-09-2011, 10:57 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,460,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tmess View Post
Funny.. whenever "Christians" do something wrong "That's insane! They are NOT Christian! PSHH!".. yet, one muslim does something and they are ALL like that.

Christians, cherry picking their views since the beginning of time.
So glad more and more people are opening their eyes and Religion is slowly dying.
You missed the memo huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies