Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 11:12 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,874,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
Let's hope they **** off enough customers that they cancel their service and union thugs won't have a job to go back to.

F*ers
I'm hoping Verizon pulls a Reagan and fires their derrieres....and hires permanently the "scabs".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2011, 11:14 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,874,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Having crossed a picket line (I am management), its often very sad what the members resort too.
To use your daughter like that on top of his vulgar language is truly disgusting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Another reason companies outsource.
True. Why deal with their garbage. The unions have a major hand in the destruction of manufacturing in this country.

Old 08-10-2011, 12:21 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,409,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Wow. What a great role model he makes for his daughter.

Typical union thug, vulgar and has no compunction whatsoever using his daughter.

Poor kid.

Fire all the POgarbage.

Your post says it all, and well, what a great role model this Idiot his for his Daughter. What kind of role exactly is he, anything but a good role model. Do they all have to act the part of thugs, be vulgar, and no consciences to their actions.

And probably has no feelings at all about using his daughter in this way.

Old 08-10-2011, 12:30 AM

20,260 posts, read 19,847,317 times
Verizon reports sabotage as workers continue strike

I believe anyone sabotaging Telco equipment will be dealing with the Feds when they get caught.

Old 08-10-2011, 12:32 AM

20,260 posts, read 19,847,317 times
Anyone got a link to that vid other than Youtube? The user removed the video and Google's not delivering the goods

Old 08-10-2011, 06:18 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,988,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Your post says it all, and well, what a great role model this Idiot his for his Daughter. What kind of role exactly is he, anything but a good role model. Do they all have to act the part of thugs, be vulgar, and no consciences to their actions.

And probably has no feelings at all about using his daughter in this way.
People wonder why there are bullies in the public school systems

Bet these idiots want a pay raise and i will be charged more bogus fee's like the charge for not using long distance enough...can you believe that !

I'am going to Time Warner for my phone and save nearly 40 bucks a month...had this number for over 50 years bye bye Verizon...

Old 08-10-2011, 09:14 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,429,306 times
I have a friend that works for Verizon. His union told their members a while back to save up 6 months of bill money. What?!?! Who can save 6 months of your bills while still having to pay them all? They told their members this while the fat cats that run the union won't miss a dime. I also asked him if he could actually go to work if things got tough for him, he said no way, if he crossed the picket line, he would be in danger of violence. I then asked him if his fellow workers actually cared if he could afford to feed himself, he said no, they care more about the union's stance. Now someone, who is pro union, needs to explain this. If the unions and members actually care about their members and fellow workers, why would they rather see someone go hungry or possibly lose their home?

Old 08-10-2011, 09:22 AM

3,337 posts, read 5,107,068 times
I just cancelled my service with them. They suck anyway.

Old 08-10-2011, 09:30 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,431,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
It's to be expected. He's union. We all watched the wisconsin nonsense.
It ain't only the Unions! Any time you form a club of any kind and it's members cluster for any purpose you see the mob mentality asserting itself; be it the local chapter of Hell's Angels to the latest sitting of your House of Representatives.

Allowing any organization to meet in numbers without having a strong leadership to maintain order as in Robert's Rules of Order or a bunch of Sargeant of Arms to give the "stare", you end up with anarchy.

Allowing a bunch of strikers to picket without having someone from the Union hierarchy present at all times to maintain order and prevent this exact occurrance for the attention of any camera cel-phone and later You Tube posting is just plain stupid! the AFofL used to give seminars on this chit.

With Union membership comes responsibility as it is written into every Union charter out there or, at least it used to.

Old 08-10-2011, 09:52 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,431,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
I have a friend that works for Verizon. His union told their members a while back to save up 6 months of bill money. What?!?! Who can save 6 months of your bills while still having to pay them all? They told their members this while the fat cats that run the union won't miss a dime. I also asked him if he could actually go to work if things got tough for him, he said no way, if he crossed the picket line, he would be in danger of violence. I then asked him if his fellow workers actually cared if he could afford to feed himself, he said no, they care more about the union's stance. Now someone, who is pro union, needs to explain this. If the unions and members actually care about their members and fellow workers, why would they rather see someone go hungry or possibly lose their home?
The voice of reason doesn't get elected. The voice of challenge is too often seen by the rank and file of being the ideal Union Rep!

I, as a long time union representative in every capacity, from shop steward to Local President regained office many times on my belief that a union is simply a "business with a single customer and a single source supplier". You are merely representing a collective of workers to maintain their rights as defined in a collective agreement. It is not your job to "define" unfair treatment on an ad-hoc basis nor is it your job to coerce your memberdship to strike. It is your job to provide intelligent alternative to militant action to achieve your ultimate goal of acceptable compensation, benefits, working conditions for the MAJORITY of your members. Any time you can stave off a strike with compromise is a win-win as, on average, your members will never realize a net monetary gain from any strike that lasts longer than 21 days.

If your main ambition is to get elected; that's the easiest thing to accomplish, just go out in the middle of the shop floor, pick an argument with any member of the staff where you can be seen to be "standing up to the MAN" just before open elections and it's probably a done deal. Those are not the leaders you want holding ANY office in ANY organization.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies