Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 01:33 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,556,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
And you obviously didn't care to look at any of my sources or even use your own common sense and THINK about it for Pete's Sake!
Cut the insults. Just because I don't happen to agree with your knee-jerk conspiracy theories does not make me at all less informed than you.

Quote:
Did it ever occur to you that the "demand" for GMOs might be due to bad legislation designed to force farmers and consumers into buying GMOs and not free choice??Remember when dairy farmers were forced into giving their cows rGBH when that came out to make Monsanto profits.? They also insisted that dairy farmers that weren't going to cowtow to Monsanto couldn't suggest in their labeling that rBGH FREE milk was safer than all the rest of the milk from rBGH treated cows.

If that isn't Fascist/Corporatist control over our food supply in action I don't know what is. On a global level you have CODEX Alimentarius whose standards designed to exponentially increase the use of chmicals and poisons in food across the world and the "Food Safety Modernization Act" references these guidelines will be used here in our country. The new food czar is none other than Obama appointed Monsanto ex CEO Michael Taylor .

To prove that Monsanto has no intention of doing any good in this world. You might want to look at this. The Monsanto Anschluss: Long Laid Plans to Undo the Rule of Law | Food Freedom
Haha! That's hilarious. The only motivating factor for farmers to use rBGH was greed.

I will read your links when you post some that are not to some whackadoo site. There is much legitimate science out there on both sides.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2011, 01:37 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
And you obviously didn't care to look at any of my sources or even use your own common sense and THINK about it for Pete's Sake!

Did it ever occur to you that the "demand" for GMOs might be due to bad legislation designed to force farmers and consumers into buying GMOs and not free choice??Remember when dairy farmers were forced into giving their cows rGBH when that came out to make Monsanto profits.? They also insisted that dairy farmers that weren't going to cowtow to Monsanto couldn't suggest in their labeling that rBGH FREE milk was safer than all the rest of the milk from rBGH treated cows.
And the dairy farmers with their "rBGH Free" labels won !
I was so happy for that one.
And then Monsanto sold the rights to chemical giant Bayer right after that.

Funny that chemical companies have such a control over food eh ?

Old 08-10-2011, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Cut the insults. Just because I don't happen to agree with your knee-jerk conspiracy theories does not make me at all less informed than you.

Haha! That's hilarious. The only motivating factor for farmers to use rBGH was greed.

I will read your links when you post some that are not to some whackadoo site. There is much legitimate science out there on both sides.

Here's something to research for yourself.....

The person at Monsanto who did the testing/research/paperwork on the hormone got a job at the FDA and was the same person who approved her own research and then went back to working at Monsanto. When this was brought to the attention of the FDA they said there was "no conflict of interest".
How's about that one ?

Margaret Miller and Michael Taylor are two names to get you started.
No links since you quickly label "wacko" and dismiss so best off to do your own research and reading.

While there getting the Prosilac approved they also got approval for a 10,000% increase in the levels of antibiotic use in dairy cows because that hormone cause more udder infections.

Old 08-10-2011, 01:45 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Convenient denial as a means of stabilizing your position at all costs is not a legitimate platform for disagreement.

Of course, then again, your "disagreement' might be neurologically pre-determined.

BBC News - Do you see what I see?

Old 08-10-2011, 02:16 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,449,841 times
Quote:

You've provided the only two references that are "worthy" sources I guess. "The New York Times" which is GOSPEL of course,.... and CNN right? All others provided by anyone else that link even to PRIMARY sources including legal documents are "whakadoo" to you. 'Fraid not is all I can say. You can lead a horse to water....

Old 08-10-2011, 02:25 PM

Quote:
You've provided the only two links that are "worthy" sources I guess. "The New York Times" which is GOSPEL of course,.... and CNN right? All others provided by anyone else that link even to PRIMARY sources including legal documents are "whakadoo" to you. 'Fraid not is all I can say.
That reaction "knee-jerk conspiracy theories" is exactly what the gov/corporates count on to keep the lemmings the lemmings.

The government only does "good things" for you.
Corporations only have your best interest in mind.

I'll stick with my tin foil hat and wackadoo sites.
They saved my pets from becoming "melamine in the pet food" victims.

Old 08-11-2011, 11:00 AM

253 posts, read 201,775 times
I just saw Food, Inc. & let's just say I was stunned at the decline of the food industry here. All the way from Monsanto to the federal government & everything in between. It all intertwines. It's sickening. Do you guys know, if you buy those little seed packets at say just a neighborhood nursery or Stein's, are those in connection w/Monsanto at all? I'm discouraged by the amount of reading I need to do to try to make sure the food I eat isn't connected to Monsanto or Tyson, Perdue, etc. Legislation.....that's the only way. Legislation & regulation.

Old 08-11-2011, 11:41 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
Legislation and effective regulation are anathema to the owners of both political parties. These get in the way of establishing profitable monopolies and abusing patents. Just like the old days before the FDA.

Old 08-11-2011, 11:43 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,556,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tippinturtle View Post
Legislation.....that's the only way. Legislation & regulation.
I agree. But sadly legislation and regulation is seen by many as being a gigantic conspiracy theory.

Old 08-11-2011, 11:46 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,461,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
I can get great organic produce at a local farmer's market, although it costs more money.
The way I see it, it's a little more money up front, or a lot more money on the back end if you eat crap. I'm sure you feel the same way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies