Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 05:25 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,275,960 times

Advertisements

On the heels of the long-term debt rating downgrade, some discouraging economic indicators, continued high unemployment, and some extreme volatility in equity and commodity markets, come these two articles:

Obama’s Glamour Can’t Fix His Charisma Deficit

What Happened to Obama?

Would you like to see a serious Democratic challenger to President Obama emerge?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2011, 05:27 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
On the heels of the long-term debt rating downgrade, some discouraging economic indicators, continued high unemployment, and some extreme volatility in equity and commodity markets, come these two articles:

Obama’s Glamour Can’t Fix His Charisma Deficit

What Happened to Obama?

Would you like to see a serious Democratic challenger to President Obama emerge?
Why? Can't the GOP come up with anyone
Casper

Old 08-09-2011, 05:27 PM

2,963 posts, read 6,262,190 times
Bernie Sanders, Elliot Spitzer, Russ Feingold, Cenk Uygur

Old 08-09-2011, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
That has little to do with the question. The GOP will field a challenger of some sort.

The question is:

Do Democrats prefer that Obama seek re-election unopposed within the party, or do Democrats prefer that the party mount a challenger to Obama?

Old 08-09-2011, 05:39 PM

1,019 posts, read 590,032 times
Quote:

Casper
I know from your posts that you are a political neophyte, but the GOP would not be the ones to put a candidate up to run against Obama for the Democrat Party nomination to the office of President in 2012. That would be another Democrat.

Some people like to call them "Primaries".

The winner of that election would then go on to get creamed by Palin or Bachman in the General Election.

Study hard and you'll get it someday.

Old 08-09-2011, 05:40 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
That has little to do with the question. The GOP will field a challenger of some sort.

The question is:

Do Democrats prefer that Obama seek re-election unopposed within the party, or do Democrats prefer that the party mount a challenger to Obama?
Obama will work just fine, I love his talent of making righties whine like little girls.
Casper

Old 08-09-2011, 05:53 PM

1,019 posts, read 590,032 times
Quote:
Obama will work just fine, I love his talent of making righties whine like little girls.
Casper
Obama will work.....???? Seems like he just plays golf, and this is his good side

Old 08-09-2011, 06:02 PM

6,421 posts, read 7,667,441 times
I didn't vote for him to begin with and he has done nothing to change my mind. Let him return to his Chicago church where he won't cause anymore harm to hard working voters.

Old 08-09-2011, 06:14 PM

4,100 posts, read 4,516,494 times
Feingold, Kucinich, & Bernie Sanders are 3 "lefties" I'd vote for.

Old 08-09-2011, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaTrang View Post
...the GOP would not be the ones to put a candidate up to run against Obama for the Democrat Party nomination to the office of President in 2012. That would be another Democrat.

Some people like to call them "Primaries".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
Bernie Sanders, Elliot Spitzer, Russ Feingold, Cenk Uygur
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNEwx_46 View Post
Feingold, Kucinich, & Bernie Sanders are 3 "lefties" I'd vote for.
Thank you!

Would Spitzer be able to rise above some of his recent past?

Cenk Uygur is a very interesting 'outside the box' choice! I like it!

I like some things about Kucinich, such as his opposition to the Drug War, and I think his ideas on the Fed, the Treasury, and fractional reserve banking are interesting and worth modeling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies