Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 09:38 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,103,719 times

Advertisements

Don't support Obama? There's a good chance the left will brandish you as a racist.

Don't support abortion? You're against "women's rights" and wish to have women barefoot and in the kitchen.

Believe in traditional one man, one woman marriage? You're a bigoted homophobe.

Believe that people are already taxed too much? You support evil corporations and wish for the destruction of the middle class.

Believe and profess said belief in a "higher power?" You're lacking intelligence and hate science.

I literally could give about a dozen more examples of Neo Prog fascism, but it's pretty clear that the modern day leftist has zero interest in hearing, or even allowing anyone with a differing opinion to be heard and validated. Say NO to Liberal Intolerance! Nobama 2012

Last edited by Sophiasmommy; 08-09-2011 at 10:06 PM..

Old 08-09-2011, 09:41 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,533,732 times
Yawn....

Old 08-09-2011, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Yawn....
Cool story bro. Hadn't looked at it from that point of view, thanks.

Old 08-09-2011, 09:45 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,946,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Yawn....
Well you're not denying it that's a good thing.

Sophia, liberals also suffer from a really huge NIMBY complex. They want illegal immigration and amnesty, as long as they don't move into their neighborhoods. The white liberals want more legal immigrants and diversity, as long as non-whites stay out of their neighborhoods, they want people to put up wind farms all over the place, as long as it doesn't spoil their view, they want public transportation for all of them and very high gas taxes to price people out of their cars and to hog the road for themselves in their high powered gas guzzling Lexuses, Acuras, Audis, and Italian sportscars, they want everyone to live in a small 800 sq. ft. apartment or townhouse except them. They still want to live in their nice 5000 sq. ft. McMansion complete with central air conditioning and on and on

Old 08-09-2011, 09:45 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,570,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Say NO to Liberal Intolerance!
Umm....that's an oxymoron!

Old 08-09-2011, 09:46 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,662,952 times
Nice spelling of "America."

Old 08-09-2011, 09:46 PM

7,237 posts, read 12,747,048 times
Quote:
Don't support Obama? There's a good chance the left will brandish you as a racist.

Don't support abortion? You're against "women's rights" and wish to have women barefoot and in the kitchen.

Believe in traditional one man, one woman marriage? You're a bigoted homophobe.

Believe that people are already taxed too much? You support evil corporations and wish for the destruction of the middle class.

Believe and profess said belief in a "higher power?" You're lacking intelligence and hate science.

I literally could give about a dozen more examples of Neo Prog fascism, but it's pretty clear that the modern day leftist has zero interest in hearing, or even allowing anyone with a differing opinion to be heard and validated. Say NO to Liberal Intolerance! Nobama 2012
meh.

Old 08-09-2011, 09:49 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,789,619 times
Quote:
...I literally could give about a dozen more examples of Neo Prog fascism, but it's pretty clear that the modern day leftist has zero interest in hearing, or even allowing anyone with a differing opinion to be heard and validated...
I would agree with your statement about the most liberal of ideologues, but (this is a big but) conservative ideologues have their own issues with alternative ideas.

You have heard the term "RINO" being thrown around like dwarves at a Scottish bar in this forum, right?

Just pointing that out.

Old 08-09-2011, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
Wow, with a mommy like that, I feel sorry for Sophia.
Oh, I forgot one, thanks for reminding me Knox; whenever someone brings up a point, or points that a Neo Prog is unable to refute, they automatically go into their default mode of ad hominen personal attacks and insult the person. Again, thank you Knox for your real time example, way to be a sport.

Old 08-09-2011, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
I would agree with your statement about the most liberal of ideologues, but (this is a big but) conservative ideologues have their own issues with alternative ideas.

You have heard the term "RINO" being thrown around like dwarves at a Scottish bar in this forum, right?

Just pointing that out.
Yes, in fact I have used the term myself on more than one occasion. It's no different than many on the left who are claiming that Obama is not liberal enough. I have no problem with either position, as that really doesn't have much to do with my point. I'm specifically talking about the hypocrisy of the left; they profess "tolerance" but only tolerate those with whom they agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies