Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-10-2011, 08:08 AM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
78,866 posts, read 46,323,098 times
Reputation: 18520

Advertisements

There are several things our government can easily do to bring jobs back to the USA.
There are too many globalist in our Political elite, to ever have that happen anytime soon.

Everyone seems to have a tick one way or the other for Donald Trump, but he is spot on on this.

One or the other....

1.) Unions, Rules, Regulations, and Taxes, with sky high Trade Tariffs Taxes and strict immigration laws, that are enforced with vengeance, to protect our workforce from jobs leaving for, less to no, Unions, Rules, Regulations, or Taxes and illegal immigration(slaves) running out of control and favored, in other nations.



2.) Free and open trade, with wide open borders. No Rules,regulations, taxes, or Unions. No minimum wages no labor laws what so ever. No entitlements, welfare and very minimal social programs.


Anything in between in today's world, is extinction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-10-2011, 08:14 AM
 
22,768 posts, read 30,599,621 times
Reputation: 14732
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
There are several things our government can easily do to bring jobs back to the USA.
There are too many globalist in our Political elite, to ever have that happen anytime soon.

Everyone seems to have a tick one way or the other for Donald Trump, but he is spot on on this.

One or the other....

1.) Unions, Rules, Regulations, and Taxes, with sky high Trade Tariffs Taxes and strict immigration laws, that are enforced with vengeance, to protect our workforce from jobs leaving for less to no Unions, Rules, Regulations, or Taxes and illegal immigration(slaves) running out of control and favored.



2.) Free and open trade, with wide open borders. No Rules,regulations, taxes, or Unions. No minimum wages no labor laws what so ever. No entitlements, welfare and very minimal social programs.


Anything in between in today's world, is extinction.
i think you're drawing a meaningless line in the sand. There is no good reason why "Free trade and open borders and no regulation and no taxes and no welfare" must all be paired together. just because we are imbalanced, does not mean we can't have balance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2011, 08:17 AM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
78,866 posts, read 46,323,098 times
Reputation: 18520
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
i think you're drawing a meaningless line in the sand. just because we are imbalanced, does not mean we can't have balance.



Not in the way the world works today. Everyone is trying to get on the same page. Not everyone will ever be on the same page and there in lies the problem.

A line in the sand is the only way to stop the hemorrhaging of our tax base... Jobs.


Bill Clinton signed 2 bills the globalist have wanted for a Century. It was and has been the in between. Since then, bye-bye jobs and our manufacturing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2011, 08:20 AM
 
Location: Miami, FL
8,087 posts, read 9,773,522 times
Reputation: 6650
Regulations are needed otherwise safety becomes a problem as occurred here in the USA prior to regulation and currently in countries with none/limited/lax enforcement. I refer to worker safety and consumer safety. There is also the area contamination to consider.

Free and open trade is an issue when there currency discrepancies, wage differences, and safety of products in the manufacturing overseas country. Remember tainted food, gypsum board/drywall, trademark/copyright violations,etc.

Countries conduct foreign policy to aid their own country not someone else. We have been doing this backwards for a few decades and the rot is institutionalized.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2011, 08:24 AM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
78,866 posts, read 46,323,098 times
Reputation: 18520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
Regulations are needed otherwise safety becomes a problem as occurred here in the USA prior to regulation and currently in countries with none/limited/lax enforcement. I refer to worker safety and consumer safety. There is also the area contamination to consider.

Free and open trade is an issue when there currency discrepancies, wage differences, and safety of products in the manufacturing overseas country. Remember tainted food, gypsum board/drywall, trademark/copyright violations,etc.

Countries conduct foreign policy to aid their own country not someone else. We have been doing this backwards for a few decades and the rot is institutionalized.


Can't have one with the other, or in a competitive world market you are out of business, because those that have no Rules and Regulations, can provide the same thing as you at a much lower cost. Ta-da! Where are we?? The out of business sign is being composed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2011, 08:25 AM
 
9,855 posts, read 15,153,802 times
Reputation: 5481
We absolutely need #2. Look at the fiscal state of countries like Greece to see what the consequences are of #1.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2011, 08:28 AM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
78,866 posts, read 46,323,098 times
Reputation: 18520
Free Trade with Nations that have the same exact Union laws, Regulations, Rules and Taxes as we do.

Why sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2011, 08:28 AM
 
Location: A great city, by a Great Lake!
15,896 posts, read 11,923,934 times
Reputation: 7502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
Regulations are needed otherwise safety becomes a problem as occurred here in the USA prior to regulation and currently in countries with none/limited/lax enforcement. I refer to worker safety and consumer safety. There is also the area contamination to consider.

Free and open trade is an issue when there currency discrepancies, wage differences, and safety of products in the manufacturing overseas country. Remember tainted food, gypsum board/drywall, trademark/copyright violations,etc.

Countries conduct foreign policy to aid their own country not someone else. We have been doing this backwards for a few decades and the rot is institutionalized.

I agree with your last statement. And until China and other 3rd world pieces of s*** countries have to start playing by the same rules that we have in reference to regulations, there will always be the imbalance. I don't see that happening any time soon. Remember after all, China is still a communist country, and human rights, and environment is not a priority over there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2011, 08:38 AM
 
22,768 posts, read 30,599,621 times
Reputation: 14732
if our leaders had these attitudes towards trade, then we would be even more screwed than we are now.

people talk about gas prices going up, and how that hurts the economy -- well, if we restricted trade, the price of damn near everything would go up, while the quality and supply of it went down, and that would hurt the economy far worse than the trade-related job losses. Being a free and open market is America's trump card, which helps us maintain the dollar as the world's reserve currency.

Besides, we'd still be losing manufacturing jobs no matter what, due to automation.

Last edited by le roi; 08-10-2011 at 08:47 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2011, 08:48 AM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
78,866 posts, read 46,323,098 times
Reputation: 18520
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
if our leaders had these attitudes towards trade, then we would be even more screwed than we are now.

people talk about gas prices going up, and how that hurts the economy -- well, if we restricted trade, the price of damn near everything would go up, while the quality and supply of it went down. Being a free and open market is America's trump card.

For only a very short period of time. The American is really good about pouncing on an opportunity. Competition would soon bring the price down as our own, start to take care of the demand immediately, if the government would get out of the way, so it doesn't take so long to have an idea and the time it takes from government red tape, to have a factory producing it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:56 PM.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top