Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 06:05 PM

679 posts, read 614,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
So once we get past your inane tirade, why not respond objectively to the points I made? I never said yea or nay, Nor did I cast aspersions on anyone's character. I did point out, that
1. This person is obviously the law enforcement agent he purports to be.

2. Had he mispoke, the screams from those whom he said untoward things about would be deafening.

3. As an Officer of the Court, had this information been false, there would be ramifications that may actually involve the person loss of his job.

Since neither 2 nor 3 has happened, and there is in fact not only anectodal to support several of the things that he said, but there are other statements that were verified by other law enforcement and secret service agents, it appears to be the truth. There is nothing other than your speculation, that this is otherwise.
According to his personal website though he isn't currently in Law Enforcement

Quote:
Bill grew up in the Colorado Rockies and had a successful career in law enforcement, serving as both a Deputy Sheriff and a Deputy U.S. Marshal. He is a graduate of the Colorado Law enforcement Academy, the Federal Law Enforcement Academy and the U.S. Marshal’s Academy. Prior to law enforcement Bill served with the U.S. Marines as a Corpsman.
So

#1 is wrong according to Bill

#2 is your personal opinion, if former Presidents corrected every single thing that people said that was false about them, well they'd never get anything done. Can you imagine how much talking Bush would have to do after all of the stories. Its much easier to just let it go and ignore it.

#3 doesn't apply because he isn't currently an Officer of the Court
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2011, 07:48 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,274,634 times
As an "ultra conservative" myself, I don't buy his BS either. NO sitting president, in this day and age, would be rude to the Secret Service or anyone else, in the "inner circle." It WILL get out.

Would Laura Bush bring warm clothing to agents on perimeter's? Yes, I do believe that. She seemed to be a "motherly" type and was taking care of people. Doesn't mean Bush didn't do bad things, he did; so does Obama.

At the sametime, I do believe Michele Obama can be or would be arrorgant. Just seems to be her "persona."

Old 08-13-2011, 01:53 PM

46,949 posts, read 25,979,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
So once we get past your inane tirade, why not respond objectively to the points I made?
You feel you made any points?

Quote:
1. This person is obviously the law enforcement agent he purports to be.
Dear me. In the real world, his own website makes it clear he's retired.

Quote:
2. Had he mispoke, the screams from those whom he said untoward things about would be deafening.
That's pure supposition on your part.

Quote:
3. As an Officer of the Court, had this information been false, there would be ramifications that may actually involve the person loss of his job.
He's retired, you ignoramus. His job, such as it is, is beefing up his persona and selling unverifiable 2nd-hand BS to those dumb enough to buy it.

Old 08-13-2011, 02:10 PM

46,949 posts, read 25,979,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
As an "ultra conservative" myself, I don't buy his BS either. NO sitting president, in this day and age, would be rude to the Secret Service or anyone else, in the "inner circle." It WILL get out.
<shrug> Frankly, I could imagine even the most level-headed people snapping - it has to be a colossal intrusion to have to be surrounded by a phalanx of armed people at all times, and it's not as if it's a low-stress job in the first place. That being said, I have considerably higher faith in the Secret Service and their professionalism than some here seem to have. Those who have done it, rarely talk. And vice versa.

It's a sad testament that it's even necessary to guard the President to this extent. But there's a considerable subset of the body politic (on both sides) that has a deep-seated need to believe that leaders of the opposing party aren't just in disagreement with them - they have to be evil, malicious people as well. And the joker in the video of course has made it his business to enforce that perception. Feeding the hate that, ironically, will make it even more necessary to safeguard those elected to high office.

Old 10-14-2011, 07:51 AM

1 posts, read 522 times
This is one of those videos that is nothing more then opinion by a retired U.S. Marshall. First off he has absolutely no first hand knowledge of any of this. He is repeating stories he has heard so there is absolutely no way to verify what he is saying.

The next thing you notice is he speaks very highly of the republicans and very negatively of all democrats. This should be a key that he is not being completely honest because as we know not all Republicans are good and not all Democrats are bad. Yet this man says he would never vote for a democrat because they are all mean and nasty. He basis this on stories he was told by others only. Once again that is just his opinion.

This video is more propaganda and the target audience is weak minded people that will buy into what this man says. They do not even know this man however they will sit and listen to a two minute video of a complete stranger tell his version of things that he never was even present to hear or see and then forward it on to others. In America we call this gossip.

Old 10-14-2011, 07:56 AM

4,911 posts, read 3,429,059 times
Notice the playground in the background to give it that pro family stuff? And of course his folksy way of talking, I mean gosh how can ya not trust such a guy

Old 10-14-2011, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Prove those are lies! Include links please.

Anyone recall Michelle Obama's thesis? 'nuff said!
He doesn't have to prove their lies

Old 10-14-2011, 08:08 AM

Quote:
You first.

ETA: I'm feeling charitable today. Here's the one freebee to lazy liberals from 2003:
Angry Hillary threw book at Secret Service agent
How do you hit somebody in the back when he's sitting in a limo?

Old 10-14-2011, 08:10 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,547,540 times
Quote:
You first.

ETA: I'm feeling charitable today. Here's the one freebee to lazy liberals from 2003:
Angry Hillary threw book at Secret Service agent
You call that a credible link?

Old 10-14-2011, 09:29 AM

78,382 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Dear lord, the poo flinging chimps are in fine form today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies