Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 12:49 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,292,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Ok night All...bed calling
Sweet dreams of killing hundreds of looters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2011, 12:50 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,847,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Sweet dreams of killing hundreds of looters.
If i had a gun it would be Thousands.... sleep well

Old 08-11-2011, 09:30 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3781 View Post
Asserting that I would defend my property against a mob of rampaging scum is being an online bully?

This is Texas, not the UK. We don't take kindly to thugs attempting to mop floors in these parts.

eric; here's some conjecture and no, I'm not going to post links to prove it to you. My opinion only!

You are not in the least representative of the average Texan; perhaps the segment below average.

You don't speak for the mindset of any Texan I've ever met in many years of RV'ing throughout your state during the winter month's.

Firstly; while many Texans may share your veiewpoint regarding countries that forbid gun ownership, most of them would not extend those opinions towards England, or Canda for that matter as both of those countries ALLOW gun ownership for those who wish to own them. Non licensed gun ownership is forbidden and those owners of firearms that were not registered were asked to surrender them in both countries. Are you able to follow so far?

These countries decided through legislation being approved and VOTED upon to enact these reg's You know; the democratic process of the majority enacting legislation through their elected rep's. You're familiar with that process at least.

Texans, in general, are a very live-and-let-live bunch of folks who do not tolerate unfairness, are polite to a fault, will call you a horses ass if you are one but will also allow you the right of your viewpoint without insulting you for having it. You my friend, fit none of these indentifiers.

No Texan I know would have wasted over six hours sitting at a keyboard playing silly bugger for entertainment.

You are entitled to your beliefs about your handgun ownership. You are not entitled to castigate others who hold a contrary opinion and still claim to be a Texan and you should know this to if ineed you were a bonifide Texan.

The Texans I know personally ALL carry. They all believe firmly (as do I after attempting to stop a moderately sized black bear in the mountains of B.C. with a 9mm Browning, while taking a dump away from my campsite and my .308, embarrassing to say the least) in the stopping power of a .45 ACP cartridge, only one of them uses a .380. They are of mixed profile of revolvers to pistols. Most with semi-autos of the Colt Defender series for it's name and inherent reliability. NONE I met were of the .50 Desert Eagle camp as that was categorized as pure ostentation.

I would not have known ANY of these individuals carried either in their vehicles or on their persons had I not gotten to know every one of them at some personal level. My point, eric, in a long winded route to get there, is NONE of those Texans bragged about carrying and none of them had the "in-your-face" attitude towards other countries firearms reg's that you're displaying here.

They may have shared some of your opinions but being Texans would not have voiced them in as arrogant or ignorant a manner as you have in this thread. In short eric, your own countrymen would deny you were one of them in a heartbeat were you to spout this nonsense in their presence at a public gathering. Just an opinion but it's mine and I'm entitled also.

Last edited by BruSan; 08-11-2011 at 09:38 AM..

Old 08-11-2011, 10:51 AM

988 posts, read 1,203,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
You are not in the least representative of the average Texan; perhaps the segment below average.

You don't speak for the mindset of any Texan I've ever met in many years of RV'ing throughout your state during the winter month's.
So we have a guy who knows what all Brits are thinking, and a guy who knows what all Texans think because they have done some RV'ing.

Quote:
Firstly; while many Texans may share your veiewpoint regarding countries that forbid gun ownership, most of them would not extend those opinions towards England, or Canda for that matter as both of those countries ALLOW gun ownership for those who wish to own them. Non licensed gun ownership is forbidden and those owners of firearms that were not registered were asked to surrender them in both countries. Are you able to follow so far?
No I follow. I just disagree with gun confiscation. Law abiding citizens don't need to have their guns taken, voluntarily or otherwise, because their central government deems them to not have the appropriate paperwork.

Quote:
These countries decided through legislation being approved and VOTED upon to enact these reg's You know; the democratic process of the majority enacting legislation through their elected rep's. You're familiar with that process at least.
So they willingly surrendered the most effective means of personal defense against violent criminals and tyrannical governments?

Quote:
Texans, in general, are a very live-and-let-live bunch of folks who do not tolerate unfairness, are polite to a fault, will call you a horses ass if you are one but will also allow you the right of your viewpoint without insulting you for having it. You my friend, fit none of these indentifiers.
More generalizations. But I'm an azzhole for making generalizations about a country of unarmed peasants?

I am so "live and let live" that I have nothing but utter contempt for a central government and a peasant population that has decided that I don't have the right to arm myself for personal protection (were I to be living in the UK).

Quote:
No Texan I know would have wasted over six hours sitting at a keyboard playing silly bugger for entertainment.
As previously stated, us teabaggers are good at multi-tasking. Don't worry about my time management. Worry about the long-winded response you just posted.

Quote:
You are entitled to your beliefs about your handgun ownership. You are not entitled to castigate others who hold a contrary opinion and still claim to be a Texan and you should know this to if ineed you were a bonifide Texan.
Who is doing any castigating. I am putting forth an opinion that when you allow your government to confiscate your firearms, you become an unarmed peasantry, unable to defend yourself with the most effective means available. I didn't see you wringing your hands when others hysterically castigated gun owners as irresponsible, wild west, John Wayne wanna-bes that want to have gun fights over political disagreements on a web forum.

Quote:
The Texans I know personally ALL carry. They all believe firmly (as do I after attempting to stop a moderately sized black bear in the mountains of B.C. with a 9mm Browning, while taking a dump away from my campsite and my .308, embarrassing to say the least) in the stopping power of a .45 ACP cartridge, only one of them uses a .380. They are of mixed profile of revolvers to pistols. Most with semi-autos of the Colt Defender series for it's name and inherent reliability. NONE I met were of the .50 Desert Eagle camp as that was categorized as pure ostentation.

Quote:
I would not have known ANY of these individuals carried either in their vehicles or on their persons had I not gotten to know every one of them at some personal level. My point, eric, in a long winded route to get there, is NONE of those Texans bragged about carrying and none of them had the "in-your-face" attitude towards other countries firearms reg's that you're displaying here.
I guess my subtle attempts at sardonic humor have come across as phony Texan bravado. These commie riots have got you all worked up, pal. Lighten up a little bit and have some fun. I will try to be more obvious next time.

I made it clear early on that I am a proponent of firearm ownership for personal defense, and that includes concealed carry. No bragging or in your face attitude. Just an assertion that unarmed peasants in the UK do not possess the most effective means of defending themselves, their families, or their storefronts. Storefronts that survived the blitzkrieg BTW, and are now reduced to ashes by a bunch of snotty yob twits.

Quote:
They may have shared some of your opinions but being Texans would not have voiced them in as arrogant or ignorant a manner as you have in this thread.
What is arrogant or ignorant about the assertion that a firearm is the most effective means of self defense, and that allowing your government to deny you that right makes you an unarmed peasant?

Quote:
In short eric, your own countrymen would deny you were one of them in a heartbeat were you to spout this nonsense in their presence at a public gathering.
Nothing "in short" about what you said.

I think if you are going to make generalizations about all Texans, your statistical analysis should include more than a dozen casual acquaintances you have bumped into on RV trips.

My attitudes toward firearm ownership as a God-given right, as confirmed by the Constitution, and towards firearms as the most effective means of defense against violent criminals and tyrannical governments, is actually a more prevalent attitude in Texas than you think.

Quote:
Just an opinion but it's mine and I'm entitled also.
Yes I suppose you are "entitled" to have an uninformed opinion and present it in an incoherent manner. I am not an unarmed hoplophobe serf, so I cannot relate to your mindset. We will just have to disagree on this matter.

Last edited by eric3781; 08-11-2011 at 11:05 AM..

Old 08-11-2011, 11:29 AM

Yep!

Old 08-11-2011, 12:18 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,847,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
eric; here's some conjecture and no, I'm not going to post links to prove it to you. My opinion only!

They may have shared some of your opinions but being Texans would not have voiced them in as arrogant or ignorant a manner as you have in this thread. In short eric, your own countrymen would deny you were one of them in a heartbeat were you to spout this nonsense in their presence at a public gathering. Just an opinion but it's mine and I'm entitled also.
Well Said, but as you can see from Eric's response... he really doesn't get it at all.
Wish i could rep you again

Old 08-11-2011, 02:37 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Piece of advice eric............

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Proof is in this thread.

Old 08-11-2011, 03:26 PM

Or "don't engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed individual".

It hasn't been forgotten by me kuchief as the O/P, that you started this little idiotic diatribe by casting a slur at Britain with one of you "we have guns, they don't ergo; their riots are different than our riots"

Reference the thread on this board referring to recent flash mobs in Philly and how much affect your gun theocracy has in preventing them. hell, how many presidents do you have to lose to handguns to make a dent in your theory of carrying one makes all the difference. Reagan was packing constantly; did him a lot of good didn't it? One retarded nutbar scoots past a bunch of secret service types all armed to the teeth and puts one into the major mass of a president but you guys still think it could never happen to you 'cause you got your gun on you.

Squeeky From hauled that big ass revolver out of her bag and got off how mnay shots before she was corralled?

Lovely lady Gifford, the most recent example and how many killed at that event. Do you suppose there was nobody there with a handgun in their pocket/purse. It was over before they could fart!

All the LEO trainers I ever sat before, literally preached; in the unlikely event someone who is armed and wants to hurt you is determined to do so; you will have neither the warning or the time to respond with a weapon of your own. They don't walk out into the middle of the street postitioning themselves with the sun behind them and throw their coats behind their holsters any more guys.

You ever end up on the radar of someone intent on doing you hurt with a gun; you're toast, if the guy has anything between his ears at all.

Wasting my time here, you and your ilk will never allow an alternate opinion to flourish, moving on now.

Old 08-11-2011, 03:39 PM

988 posts, read 1,203,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Proof is in this thread.
Acknowledged. Although I'm not sure any of the idiots "beat me". I thought I did a thoroughly good job dismantling their hybrid mashup of pacifist commie bullcrap and trolling.

Old 08-11-2011, 03:53 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,647,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post

Proof is in this thread.
I'm glad even you can see he got a thorough beat down. His claims of being a one-man riot-stopping machine were simply priceless. I'm still chuckling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies