Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 01:32 PM

589 posts, read 756,954 times

Advertisements

Hows that Multi-Culturalism working out for you UK ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2011, 01:46 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
You are soooooo right.
In the UK you can get a shotgun by simply applying for one. Your home is inspected to make sure you have somewhere secure for the rifle and you have to have a legitimate reason for wanting one... member of a shooting club etc.... but guess what.... hardly anyone applies for a shotgun licence... not needed and not wanted..... simple.
I'm confused, are you talking about shotguns or rifles?

What qualifies as "secure"?

Are there restrictions as to the type of shotgun (or rifle) that one can own?

In the event of a home invasion, am I protected by law if I have to use said firearm to protect myself, and the poor perpetrator happens to fall over dead?

WHY should someone have to have "a legitimate reason" for owning an inanimate object? Who decides what that reason is?

Are firearms typically stored in the home, or must they be kept in a locked safe at a "shooting club"?

Old 08-10-2011, 01:50 PM

988 posts, read 1,203,747 times
See below. An oldie, but goodie. If your government disarms you, you are not a citizen, you are a subject. With all the Brits in this thread coming out to defend their anti-gun government/culture, it appears they are perfectly happy being subjects, as they have been for most of their history.

A LITTLE GUN HISTORY
In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
------------------------------

In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.

China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated

Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
---- ------------- -------------

Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million educated people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
-----------------------------

Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control: 56 million.

Old 08-10-2011, 02:37 PM

810 posts, read 837,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
No one is trying to talk you out of your damn guns now leave the rest of us, who neither want nor need them, the hell alone would you?
It's better for people who are too squeamish about owning guns to not have them in the first place.

Old 08-10-2011, 02:59 PM

988 posts, read 1,203,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenDullesMJ12 View Post
It's better for people who are too squeamish about owning guns to not have them in the first place.
Indeed. I guess there is a kind of ignorant bliss that befalls the peasantry once their only effective means of defending themselves against criminals and tyrannical governments are taken from them. Some kind of perverted variant of Stockholm syndrome.

I guess all the real men in England got killed in WWII, leaving only weak cowards to breed and repopulate the once greatest empire on the planet.

Perhaps I shouldn't presume to know so much about this mindset as I am not a defenseless, bootlicking, unarmed, peon subject of my government.

Old 08-10-2011, 03:03 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,303,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
No if they knew the store owners had a shotgun behind the counter they wouldn't have started this fiasco in the first place. You folks sit around and wait for the cops to show up though. They will after it's all said and done and mark chalk around your body.
You are making the assumption that people owning the stores will be the only people with access to guns. The fact that the looters for the most part don't have guns and neither do the store owners and other people is probably the primary thing that has kept the death toll down during these riots.

The only thing that killing anybody in these situations does is inflame emotions, which makes things more likley to get more out of control.

Old 08-10-2011, 03:03 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
All I know is that if this happened where I live, the people who own the businesses would be able to protect themselves and the police would not be waiting on the stinking parlament to tell them they can take care of the situation.

THE STINKING PARALMENT HAD TO GET INVOLVED!!!!! How insane is that??????

If a riot broke out in Dallas... and it could happen and has happened, the police would lock it down quick. they wouldnt be wating on some silly ruling from some deliberating body to "allow" them to use a water cannon.

The would just go in, knock heads, and stop the thing.

Old 08-10-2011, 03:04 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,139,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenDullesMJ12 View Post
The infantile, soft, and feminine liberal way of thinking unto the sheeple is what got us into this mess. Now you want more of it?
Infantile? It's infantile to say no to violence?
Feminine? It's feminine to oppose violence? Is masculine somehow better?
Liberal? Thanks for clarifying that peace is not a conservative virtue.

If these are true, let's also acknowledge that such people are happier, healthier, and wiser. See you in a thousand years.

Old 08-10-2011, 03:11 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,813,813 times
Multiculturalism is paying off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies