Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 12:11 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,931,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
Ron Paul is a 12 term congressman who has never voted for a Tax Increase and never voted to Raise the Debt Ceiling.

Ron Paul is a member of -

- The House Committee on Foreign Affairs
- The Joint Economic Committee
- The House committee on Financial Services

Ron Paul is the Chairman for The House Financial Services Subcommittee on Domestic Monetary Policy and Technology

I'm the first to admit that Ron Paul technically is NOT a neocon but he is absolutely a current GOP Candidate.

Did you want a real answer or were you just engaging in hyperbole.
You haven't shown me that Paul would be a better President than Obama because of any of these affiliations. He may be a member of the Joint Economic Committee... big deal. Did he create it? Has he been a career diplomat? Any military service? Has he ever been President of the United States before? That last question is key. And, not ever having voted for a Tax Increase does not automatically qualify him in the eyes of many. As has been noted. America has a revenue problem. A president unable or unwilling to consider Tax Increases is a liability to our national security. I'd say Paul has given himself a considerable handicap by being so hard-line. A President has to be a lot of things besides a glorified accountant. Obama is a LOT of those things. That's why he got the job, that's why he has it presently, despite everything that has gone pear shaped since 1/20/08 and that is why despite everything that has gone pear shaped since 1/20/10 he may have it again on 1/20/12.

H
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2011, 12:15 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
"We've long been aware that the One is not quite the superior intellect he was sold as. Obama, we were told, was the rare possessor of a mind with the profundity of a Socrates, the breadth of a Goethe, and the penetration of a Newton.

An intellect unrivaled on the current American political scene, and possibly without equal in this country's politics since the beginning."........

"What kind of mentality deliberately arranges a brawl over government finances in the midst of a sensitive and fragile recovery? Obama was obviously out to steal an issue from the GOP and wreck their 2012 campaign plans. But at what cost? Wrecking the national economy? This isn't thinking of any description -- it's the mentality of a street punk who spots somebody in another gang and decides to take him down at no matter what happens to passersby or himself."

American Thinker- Print Article
He is not stupid but just because you are well read doesn't mean you know how to apply your intelligence. You know, just because you have read books about shoe laces and listened to lectures about shoe lace theory doesn't mean you can tie your shoe laces.

Old 08-19-2011, 12:25 PM

1,970 posts, read 1,761,554 times
Obama is not incompetent or stupid; he is an intelligent anti-American president. Obama is not a failure at his job -- his job is the failure of our country.

Old 08-19-2011, 12:29 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,214,794 times
How Stupid is Obama?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
"We've long been aware that the One is not quite the superior intellect he was sold as. Obama, we were told, was the rare possessor of a mind with the profundity of a Socrates, the breadth of a Goethe, and the penetration of a Newton.

An intellect unrivaled on the current American political scene, and possibly without equal in this country's politics since the beginning."........
Spoiler

"What kind of mentality deliberately arranges a brawl over government finances in the midst of a sensitive and fragile recovery? Obama was obviously out to steal an issue from the GOP and wreck their 2012 campaign plans. But at what cost? Wrecking the national economy? This isn't thinking of any description -- it's the mentality of a street punk who spots somebody in another gang and decides to take him down at no matter what happens to passersby or himself."

American Thinker- Print Article
At this point, the only remaining question is...

How Stupid are those who voted for Obama?

I mean, really... people really bought in to that drivel???

Old 08-19-2011, 03:46 PM

1,355 posts, read 1,921,623 times
Professional wrestling and politics are one in the same. Everything is rehearsed, acted, and it's fake.

Old 08-19-2011, 03:52 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,931,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MORebelWoman View Post
Obama is not incompetent or stupid; he is an intelligent anti-American president. Obama is not a failure at his job -- his job is the failure of our country.
If you could only realize how utterly stupid it sounds to say something like that you'd never say it again. I get that people might not like Obama or his policies, but to imagine that the failure of America is his goal. It says more about someone who could say such a thing than it says anything about Obama.

H

Old 08-22-2011, 10:04 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Some of you with barely a high school education calling someone else stupid? Wow! I realize that some of his choices have not been popular, but have any of you taken into consideration that some of the things that have been approved have been watered down and even changed from his original intent by his political rivals. Personally, I think that the dumbocrats and the refuticans are both like bad dates. One wants to grab your butt and take your wallet and other wants to grab your arm and snatch your purse

Old 08-22-2011, 10:08 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
His ignorance and stupidity is off the charts!

Old 08-22-2011, 10:45 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
Obama is playing chess, while the Tea Party is playing checkers.

And the TPers don't even realize it yet.

Old 09-27-2011, 09:50 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,877,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
You haven't shown me that Paul would be a better President than Obama because of any of these affiliations. He may be a member of the Joint Economic Committee... big deal. Did he create it? Has he been a career diplomat? Any military service? Has he ever been President of the United States before? That last question is key. And, not ever having voted for a Tax Increase does not automatically qualify him in the eyes of many. As has been noted. America has a revenue problem. A president unable or unwilling to consider Tax Increases is a liability to our national security. I'd say Paul has given himself a considerable handicap by being so hard-line. A President has to be a lot of things besides a glorified accountant. Obama is a LOT of those things. That's why he got the job, that's why he has it presently, despite everything that has gone pear shaped since 1/20/08 and that is why despite everything that has gone pear shaped since 1/20/10 he may have it again on 1/20/12.

H
Well, I think Ron would be a better president because he is honest and he understands what is going on with the economy. He predicted the houseing bubble as well as the current recession 10 years ago.

He doesn't flip/flop on his positions, you can pretty much count on him doing what he says he'll do.

He did serve in the military but no, of course he has not been president, thats a silly thing to say. As for Obama somehow having credibility because of his presidency, I disagree. If Obama had accomplished something or at least followed through on campaign promises, maybe, but as it is, I don't see the benefit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies