Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 10:58 PM

483 posts, read 1,559,499 times

Advertisements

I had a recent incident at Walmart that reminded why I only go to that dump a couple of times a year.

I was standing in the aisle minding my own business. This 350-pound woman on an electric scooter comes buzzing around the corner. These scooters are equipped with front bumpers like police car's push bumpers. I guess they have them because people like this can't drive worth a damn so it helps them run things over that get in the way. Well, she was unable to negotiate the turn into the laundry aisle and thus crashed into my ankle. I have a bruise there now.

After this happened, a couple of thoughts entered my mind. First, what was her scooter made out of that it could support the weight of a beached whale? Some space-age titanium-kryptonite alloy or something?? Secondly, maybe if she spent more time walking instead of riding around on a scooter, it'd help with her obesity.

But as a result of this incident, Walmart made a sale though. I had to buy a roll of ankle wrap.

Old 08-10-2011, 11:12 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,357,132 times
I was at a buffet in Vegas, there were people there, so fat, they used scooters to go around to different food tables.

I think if you use a scooter, based on obesity, you probably don't need to be eating at buffets.

Old 08-10-2011, 11:33 PM

97 posts, read 210,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh u View Post
I had a recent incident at Walmart that reminded why I only go to that dump a couple of times a year.

I was standing in the aisle minding my own business. This 350-pound woman on an electric scooter comes buzzing around the corner. These scooters are equipped with front bumpers like police car's push bumpers. I guess they have them because people like this can't drive worth a damn so it helps them run things over that get in the way. Well, she was unable to negotiate the turn into the laundry aisle and thus crashed into my ankle. I have a bruise there now.

After this happened, a couple of thoughts entered my mind. First, what was her scooter made out of that it could support the weight of a beached whale? Some space-age titanium-kryptonite alloy or something?? Secondly, maybe if she spent more time walking instead of riding around on a scooter, it'd help with her obesity.

But as a result of this incident, Walmart made a sale though. I had to buy a roll of ankle wrap.
Sorry about that. I was aiming for your shins.

Old 08-11-2011, 05:04 AM

1,047 posts, read 3,989,168 times
Don't get me started on fat people again!

Old 08-11-2011, 05:13 AM

6,926 posts, read 6,550,563 times
josh:

First of all some obese people can't help the way they are. Some have thyroid problems and others have weight problems due to medications they take.

Did you ever think they may have arthritis and are unable to walk around the store.

Please when you see obese people don't pass judgement on them, you never know what is going on in their lives.

Old 08-11-2011, 06:05 AM

10,364 posts, read 20,794,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopedelivers View Post
Please when you see obese people don't pass judgement on them, you never know what is going on in their lives.
It's not so much that she's fat--it's that combined with the fact that she's at Walmart--combined with the fact that she has 2 dozen twinkies, a giant hershey bar, and 7 liters of mt. dew in her cart and paying for them with food stamps.

Old 08-11-2011, 08:15 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,121,426 times
Well, that's Walmart for ya. I shop at Target and NEVER run into those type people there. The few times I do see people on scooters they are usually the frail elderly.

Old 08-11-2011, 08:32 AM

19,706 posts, read 20,236,139 times
It's not fair.

Skinny people should be allowed to use those scooters, too.

We should really do something about that, cuz it really looks fun...

Old 08-11-2011, 08:32 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
Quote:

The website peopleofwalmart fully explains why I go to WalMart only 1-2 times a year.

Old 08-11-2011, 08:35 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,451,439 times
Quote:

Why do you choose to shop at a "dump" anyhow? No one forced you to set foot in a Walmart.

It's funny how people who hate Walmart still shop there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies