Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 07:40 AM

2,908 posts, read 3,872,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
OK, we have Economic Crisis!

So is Obama the ONLY American?

How 'bout you ALL work 24/7 365 days a year?

ALL politicians including Repugs.

Now please do elucidate HOW that would improve the economy.

Remember if ONE American never takes a day off to improve the economy then ALL Americans never taking a day off will REALLY improve the economy.....c'mon, don't be so damn lazy!

The stupid and historically challenged truly believe no other President ever took days off during a "Crisis"....ONLY the STUPID.

BTW, NO President is truly ever not working...

It's called leadership.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2011, 09:12 AM

24,401 posts, read 23,056,554 times
Things kind of come together when Obama is out of the loop and away on vacation. Everybody will get a breather and get down to business and Obama won't be underfoot getting in the way.

Old 08-11-2011, 10:07 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
We might be best off if the president and both houses of congress took a long term vacation. With no uncertainty about rules, regulations and taxes being changed on a whim, and no one to run off with the new credit card, maybe the economy could finally get straightened out.

Old 08-11-2011, 10:08 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
A special announcement courtesy of the White House has informed the American plebs that following a fantastic job well done, in which the market is now back to pre-QE2 levels, unemployment is near record highs, delays for presidential press meetings compare with Newark airplane take offs, pessimism is at record highs, America's credit rating has just been downgraded, the country was nearly bankrupted, and sales of end of the world provisions are through the roof (not to mention ammunition), president Obama is taking a well-deserved vacation at Martha's Vineyard at the end of the month. From Bloomberg: "President Barack Obama will vacation with his family in Martha's Vineyard at the end of this month as he's done in years past", the White House said Wednesday, despite the weak economy and negotiations on the nation's debt problem.

Press secretary Jay Carney defended Obama's plans to take a break even as he's pledged urgent action on those issues. "I don't think Americans out there would begrudge that notion that the president would spend some time with his family," Carney said.

Spot on, Jay, spot on. Tell 'em to have a really fun, good ol' time for us!!

It is better to have Obama away from the White House and any active intervention. The more he does, the worse it is for the nation. It would be better to have no president at all until his term is up.

Old 08-11-2011, 10:10 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
I certainly don't begrudge him any for taking a vacation...

when Bush took a vacation, folks on the left screamed SHAME on you!
when Obama takes a vacation, folks on the right screamed SHAME on you!

I say shame on all of you..
People didn't complain about Bush's vacations until he took more vacation time than any other president! I do agree that the pres. is really NOT on vacation no matter where he is.

Old 08-11-2011, 10:11 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
People didn't complain about Bush's vacations until he took more vacation time than any other president! I do agree that the pres. is really NOT on vacation no matter where he is.
So then you have to admit that your logic also applies to Bush who also wasn't really on vacation no matter where he was..right ?

Old 08-11-2011, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
So then you have to admit that your logic also applies to Bush who also wasn't really on vacation no matter where he was..right ?
GOTCHA, eh?

I don't "admit" to anything to the nasty RWs on this forum. It only encourages them. I already acknowledged that no president is ever on vacation, didn't I?

I do think that when a pres goes "on vacation", it's more of a working vacation, where work is not the focus, but he's always on call.

Old 08-11-2011, 10:26 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
GOTCHA, eh?

I don't "admit" to anything to the nasty RWs on this forum. It only encourages them. I already acknowledged that no president is ever on vacation, didn't I?

I do think that when a pres goes "on vacation", it's more of a working vacation, where work is not the focus, but he's always on call.
But you won't admit the same for Bush that you do for Obama.
Bush took vacations while Obama is working 24/7.
Ok..gotcha.

Old 08-11-2011, 10:27 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,593,491 times
It's what he does best. Enjoy it while it lasts BHO, next Nov 2012 will be here before you know it. Guess he'll miss the plane.

Old 08-11-2011, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
But you won't admit the same for Bush that you do for Obama.
Bush took vacations while Obama is working 24/7.
Ok..gotcha.
Dizzy yet from all that spin of my words? What part of "no president" do you not understand? Did I exclude any president by that definition? Which one(s)?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies