Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where does this board lean politically
I lean more to the left and feel this board leans more to the left 9 3.98%
I lean more to the left and feel this board leans more to the right 112 49.56%
I lean more to the right and feel this board leans more to the right 25 11.06%
I lean more to the right and feel this board leans more to the left 80 35.40%
Voters: 226. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 10:20 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,200,764 times

Advertisements

I lean right but this forum has a small army of very outspoken leftists who are relentless with their bashing of conservatives, conservative organizations and politicians and especially conservative spokespeople, e.g. Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coulter, Sarah Palin, etc.

The Perry bashing threads have already started, too--gearing up for his coming announcement that he will enter the presidential race.

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 08-12-2011 at 11:08 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2011, 10:23 AM

378 posts, read 707,113 times
I voted Right-Right, but it's pretty balanced. The thing that stands out is a lack of voices in the middle.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:24 AM

1,862 posts, read 2,384,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Are you serious? My feeling is that most of the mods are RW. Some of the RWs get away with saying anything, constantly violate the TOS, and continue to post away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Most of the posts on this board are either right wing or extreme right wing. There are relativly few posters in the center or to the left. I usuall feel like a leftist voice in a right wing wilderness.
I agree with Kat and GregW..

I think that there are more threads from the right and that the right has more, shall I say, daily posters.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:29 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times
By the way, on a side note: this place is hardly representative of the average American perspective. There is a bias inherent in the kinds of people who are likely to bother posting on this kind of an internet forum.

Old 08-12-2011, 11:37 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,928,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
I just wanted to see how everyone feels they lean politically and to see where they think the majority of the board lies.
Just to add a note, part of the reason I say this board leans right is simply because the right posts more threads here. As for the board itself I think it is made up pretty even numbers left and right, many polls here seem to mirror the voting habits of Americans close to 50/50, with the handful of Independents tipping the scales one way or the other depending on the ssue.
Casper

Old 08-12-2011, 11:46 AM

521 posts, read 466,827 times
Extreme left

Old 08-12-2011, 11:53 AM

1,329 posts, read 3,543,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
I just wanted to see how everyone feels they lean politically and to see where they think the majority of the board lies.
Left-wingers tend to feel that they're moderate, whereas right-wingers don't have any qualms about identifying as right-wing. A better poll would simply ask who they voted for in 2008.

Old 08-12-2011, 11:56 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,200,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Regarding health care, something I know A LOT about, most of the RWs don't have a clue, yet they continue posting outlandish proposals till the cows come home.
I would counter by saying I have yet to see a single liberal on this forum who has addressed the fiscal aspect of health care. No one can seem to explain how it will be paid for.

The major complaint I have about liberals on this board is that they do not spend time analyzing the economics behind any political situation.

Old 08-12-2011, 12:37 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,638,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
I would counter by saying I have yet to see a single liberal on this forum who has addressed the fiscal aspect of health care. No one can seem to explain how it will be paid for.

The major complaint I have about liberals on this board is that they do not spend time analyzing the economics behind any political situation.
That's not fair, hn. There are some liberal posters on this board who are concerned with economics and fiscal responsibility. The problem is that the proven liberal methods of boosting the economy are now seen as ridiculously defunct or communist or whatever, so they are not even worth bringing up on this forum. They still work.

The best way to fix the economy is to pump trillions of dollars into infrastructure improvement. Direct government money to pay for direct government jobs. When millions of Americans are back at work repairing bridges, improving roads or whatever, they will spend more money, which will boost other businesses. This will grease the wheels and get things spinning again. Growth will lead to more revenue intake, which will be used to pay off the debt incurred by spending trillions.

The problem with Obama's stimulus' is that they are half measures that are filitered through the private sector and just end up being more money in the pockets of corporations. No good for anyone. Yet another looting of the middle class to subsidize the rich.

Old 08-12-2011, 12:40 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,766,724 times
Definitely leans right. I see far more Obama and liberal hate threads, then I do conservative hate threads. There are certainly both, but I feel like this board is far more vocally right leaning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies