Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where does this board lean politically
I lean more to the left and feel this board leans more to the left 9 3.98%
I lean more to the left and feel this board leans more to the right 112 49.56%
I lean more to the right and feel this board leans more to the right 25 11.06%
I lean more to the right and feel this board leans more to the left 80 35.40%
Voters: 226. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 09:45 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,958,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
I have yet to see a viable economic model that would Downturns are a natural part of economic cycles, and to have a healthy economy we need to let them happen instead of trying to spend our way through them. The essential problem with government spending is that it does not go away after the problem is resolved. Once the government starts spending for an infrastructure/social good program, that program stays about forever. If we could disband government agencies once they served their purpose (social security today, for example) I would be more inclined to agree with you.

The problem is not government in its ordinary usage, but a corrupted government with entrenched special interests, like Wall Street and Big Corporations that make the rules to stifle out competition and then have their hands out to the public to bail them out.

That's not free capitalism and the way it is supposed to be, in the spirit of the founding fathers.

The government should be coddling noone and exists only for protection of the nation at our borders and government infrastructure and should not meddle in the free market. That means there are many conflicts of interest taking place where captains of industry swap positions between the public and the private sector to tailor it to their benefit.

A small government and an end to lobbying, an firm regulations and laws set in stone would solve a lot of this. No parasitic lawyers to reinterpret various laws to work around them in able for some enrich themselves further in playing the system.

If your a company and want to change laws to suit you, sorry Jack.
You need to survive on your own bootstraps and deal with what you have to play with and not have a sugar daddy to help you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2011, 10:15 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,660,467 times
Yes. This board is right-far right in all respects. Most on this board constantly snivel about the power of government and the lack of politicians to do the public will. It is all fear mongering. Everyone seems to have forgotten that we the people elected all these politicians and they have appointed or hired people to carry out our mandates. That's what government is. The far right and the republicans are being led by the nose onto this smash mouth government campaign just for the sake of control. This is the reason I left this board for a year. Too biased with knee jerk, bumper sticker politics. Most here arn't interested in a reasonable dialogue. Their responses and talking points are all carved in stone. God knows what they'll do with the country once they are in charge. I see a very bleak future devoid of compassion for our fellow man in the near future. Just a bunch of cheezy enforcers who get their marching orders from talk show personalities who would switch dogmas in a New York minute if the ratings went up 2 points..

Old 08-12-2011, 10:28 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,952,231 times
This poll is more proof that people on the left are brainwashed. 47 lefties voted. 46 think alike. How sad.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:29 PM

Also, the fact that 47 self-identified liberals voted versus only 35 self-identified conservatives pretty much proves that the board "leans to the left."

Yet, the victimized libs still have hurt feelings and incorrectly think the board leans to the right. Again, how sad.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:32 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,641,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
This poll is more proof that people on the left are brainwashed. 47 lefties voted. 46 think alike. How sad.
Or perhaps it's proof that people on the left don't just make up their own reality like people on the right do. In the right universe, even a statement from S&P saying that the Republicans caused the credit downgrade means it was Obama's fault. That's sad.

The forum happens to lean right. The people on the left (as usual) can see that more clearly than the people on the right.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:32 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,771,287 times
Quote:
Also, the fact that 47 self-identified liberals voted versus only 35 self-identified conservatives pretty much proves that the board "leans to the left."

Yet, the victimized libs still have hurt feelings and incorrectly think the board leans to the right. Again, how sad.
Or maybe it means not everyone is voting. Those are not the typical numbers for any split polling on this board.

But, don't let logic interfere with your anti-liberal stupid rant.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Or maybe it means not everyone is voting. Those are not the typical numbers for any split polling on this board.

But, don't let logic interfere with your anti-liberal stupid rant.
I know facts are like kryptonite to libs, so I won't bother arguing with you.

But for any lurkers: The poll responses prove that the board leans to the left. Yet, the bedwetting libs still see the conservative boogeymen under their beds and falsely (psychotically) think that the board leans to the right.

I love the poll, OP. Very telling.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:43 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:

But for any lurkers: The poll responses prove that the board leans to the left. Yet, the bedwetting libs still see the conservative boogeymen under their beds and falsely (psychotically) think that the board leans to the right.

It's not a scientific poll. "Telling" seems to be a favorite RW term. It's against the TOS to refer to people as psychotic, and "bedwetting" is 7th grade talk.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:47 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,759,513 times
Quote:

I am going to stick my neck out and say at least a dozen right leaning posters are not voting. They want to cling to the view that the slogans on this site represent reality. It would fit with the pattern. Reality is what agrees with ME.

Regardless, anyone who can read can see the posts lean strongly toward the conservative view, and tend to be largly slams or ideological rants at that.

I do applaud those 11 right leaning souls who mentioned the forum leans right. Good for you for being honest.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
I am going to stick my neck out and say at least a dozen right leaning posters are not voting. They want to cling to the view that the slogans on this site represent reality. It would fit with the pattern. Reality is what agrees with ME.

Regardless, anyone who can read can see the posts lean strongly toward the conservative view, and tend to be largly slams or ideological rants at that.

I do applaud those 11 right leaning souls who mentioned the forum leans right. Good for you for being honest.
Even if there are 12 conservatives not voting that brings you to an even split. So the poll proves there is no rightleaning majority on this board.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies