Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2011, 09:45 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,302,789 times

Advertisements

Uganda: Father tortures daughter for converting from Islam to Christianity - Jihad Watch

Quote:
NAIROBI, Kenya, August 11 (CDN) — A 14-year-old girl in western Uganda is still unable to walk 10 months after her father tortured her for leaving Islam and putting her faith in Christ, according to area Christians.
Susan Ithungu of Isango village, Kasese district, has been hospitalized at Kagando Hospital since October 2010 after neighbors with police help rescued her from her father, Beya Baluku. He was arrested shortly afterward but quickly released, sources said.
Some people will say this doesn't matter because they can't find Uganda on a map (i.e. It's over THERE and not happening in this country). Others will point out that non-Muslims torture their children as well. I don't think either rationalization is reason to excuse this kind of behavior or reason to avoid pointing it out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2011, 09:46 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,338,075 times
Sad, but not surprising whatsoever.

Old 08-12-2011, 09:56 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,919,738 times
But but but, I thought the Moooslims were a peaceful, tolerant religion that we all should emulate???

Old 08-12-2011, 10:00 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,338,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
But but but, I thought the Moooslims were a peaceful, tolerant religion that we all should emulate???
Not exactly something believed by the masses. I guess only the extreme opinions get read on CD.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:03 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,126,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
This has more to do with culture than religion.

Uganda...what do you expect?

Old 08-12-2011, 10:11 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,201,636 times
I have met many Muslims, both IRL and in cyberspace. Without exception they feel that Islam is superior to all other religions, that Mohammad was God's final prophet and thus what he said supersedes everything that any prophet before him may have said, that the Koran (and Hadiths) are the exact words of God and that if you are given the chance to covert to Islam and don't take it, you are automatically doomed to Hell. Apostasy is unpardonable but how it is dealt with is more of a cultural thing.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:12 AM

9,961 posts, read 17,512,704 times
A Muslim storeowner didn't give me correct change yesterday, maybe you can print a story about that RogerBacon? Because if it involves a Muslim anywhere in the world RogerBacon will be on the case.

People acting barbaric in Africa? In Uganda? Where even the Christians print the names of suspected homosexuals in the national newspaper to be murdered? In the land famed for the violence of Idi Amin? Hmm, that's suprising.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:24 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,614,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
A Muslim storeowner didn't give me correct change yesterday, maybe you can print a story about that RogerBacon? Because if it involves a Muslim anywhere in the world RogerBacon will be on the case.
Did he try to blow you up or cut off your head? I wouldn't put terrorism on the same level as incorrect change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
Uganda: Father tortures daughter for converting from Islam to Christianity - Jihad Watch

Some people will say this doesn't matter because they can't find Uganda on a map (i.e. It's over THERE and not happening in this country). Others will point out that non-Muslims torture their children as well. I don't think either rationalization is reason to excuse this kind of behavior or reason to avoid pointing it out.
Yay for the religion of calm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies