Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 12:16 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,872,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
How do you host a dinner during Ramadan?
Snerk.

Efforts to make Islam part of mainstream American life are ridiculous. I'm really sick of efforts over the last ten years to shove it down our throats as some form of benevolent philosophy we're all supposed to respect. I have no particular obligation to respect a deeply homophobic, sexist and anti-Semitic belief system that demonizes all non-Muslims and turns half humanity into children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2011, 12:17 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
" Islam has always been part of our American family, and Muslim Americans have long contributed to the strength and character of our country, in all walks of life."

Well the only contribution I can remember is blowing up the trade centers and shooting up ft. hood. I guess this is what he's referring to. Easter is a taboo to the orator but when Ramadan rolls around the red carpet comes out. I think we know who's side he's on.

Obama's Iftar dinner remarks | POLITICO 44
Did The Won make a speech when he decided not to allow a World Day of Prayer meeting in his rented house? I don't remember that but he did more or less outlaw that day that had become a tradition so as not to hurt the feelings of Muslims. I think in this speech he got his whole leg in his mouth and may never get it out.

Why in hell he can't allow Christians to do anything and then stands up for Muslims is beyond me. Well, not at all, since I see where he wants this country to go if he can accomplish it.

Old 08-12-2011, 12:18 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,132,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Did The Won make a speech when he decided not to allow a World Day of Prayer meeting in his rented house? I don't remember that but he did more or less outlaw that day that had become a tradition so as not to hurt the feelings of Muslims. I think in this speech he got his whole leg in his mouth and may never get it out.

Why in hell he can't allow Christians to do anything and then stands up for Muslims is beyond me. Well, not at all, since I see where he wants this country to go if he can accomplish it.
Please do tell how Obama "can't allow Christians to do anything."

Also, the idea that Obama is some kind of saboteur is just plain deranged.

Old 08-12-2011, 12:20 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,539,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
It's a shame Obama doesn't show the same amount of respect for other religions as he does for Islam. Can't wait to be rid of this fraud.

How do you host a dinner during Ramadan fasting anyway?
Can you provide a link of any President including Obma that has shown any religion disrespect. I'm finally realizing that many of you mke these childish comments for shock value, but unfortuntely the statements are made so often that they are not shocking.

Old 08-12-2011, 12:21 PM

3,130 posts, read 3,075,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
" Islam has always been part of our American family, and Muslim Americans have long contributed to the strength and character of our country, in all walks of life."

Well the only contribution I can remember is blowing up the trade centers and shooting up ft. hood. I guess this is what he's referring to. Easter is a taboo to the orator but when Ramadan rolls around the red carpet comes out. I think we know who's side he's on.

Obama's Iftar dinner remarks | POLITICO 44
LOL, you guys are funny.

Old 08-12-2011, 12:23 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Please do tell how Obama "can't allow Christians to do anything."

Also, the idea that Obama is some kind of saboteur is just plain deranged.
Did Obama stop the tradition of the World Day of Prayer in his rented house? He said he was doing that so as not to hurt the feelings of non-Christians. I think he may have hurt the feelings of many more Christians with that little speech than he would Muslims in allowing the World Day of Prayer to go on. I guess he may not know that there are more Christians in the US than Muslims but somebody will tell him soon, I hope.

Old 08-12-2011, 12:25 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,132,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Did Obama stop the tradition of the World Day of Prayer in his rented house? He said he was doing that so as not to hurt the feelings of non-Christians.

How does that translate to a slam on Christians?

Quote:
I think he may have hurt the feelings of many more Christians with that little speech than he would Muslims in allowing the World Day of Prayer to go on. I guess he may not know that there are more Christians in the US than Muslims but somebody will tell him soon, I hope.
It is BECAUSE Christianity is far and away the majority religion that sensitivity to minority religions is appropriate.

Old 08-12-2011, 12:29 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,482,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Who cares what you think, the man is a Muslim and sides with terrorists.
I can post wherever I want in this forum, and I don't give a d*** whether it ruffles you or not. You have no evidence that he's a muslim, and if he was, so what? Is being a muslim a crime, or can't you tell the difference between a God fearing muslim and a terrorist? I called you out on your bigotry. Oh well.

Old 08-12-2011, 12:29 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
I think the orator's followers are deciding whether to get a prayer rug now or maybe hold off to see if he gets re-elected. Or maybe that's his plan for jobs. Force every American to buy a prayer rug. GM could branch out and sell em.

Old 08-12-2011, 12:30 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Who cares what you think, the man is a Muslim and sides with terrorists.
Insha-Allah!

Proof that Bush sided with the terrorists in 2001.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies