Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 06:34 AM

5,734 posts, read 3,252,087 times

Advertisements

yeah and I believe it was whoopi on the view that said in so many words "oh well"

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I am really glad that Corey Feldman spoke about that because it is a BIG problem in the entertainment industry.

Todd Bridges also discussed his being molested as a child, starting at age 11, by his publicist when he was on Oprah.

Todd Bridges' Childhood Sexual Abuse - Oprah.com

Todd Bridges Talks Graphically To Oprah About Child Molestation - Starpulse.com

We can also look at Hollywood's response to (and petitions on their behalf of) Roman Polanski and Woody Allen as cues to the lack of morality on this issue. Roman Polanski drugs and then rapes (orally, vaginally and anally) an 11 year old girl but he's a great filmmaker so "let it slide" and "his next film could make me a bigger star" is the attitude

Roman Polanski Grand Jury Transcript | The Smoking Gun

Disney Movie's Director a Convicted Child Molester : Hollywood: He says, 'I paid for my mistakes dearly,' but victim of incident several years ago urges boycott of 'Powder.' - Los Angeles Times

COMING OUT OF HIDING: Former Child Star Nathalie Simard Tells of Abuse - The Canadian Encyclopedia

Old 10-22-2013, 07:38 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,858,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
I wonder why so many child stars wind up being "washed up has-been actor, heavy drinker and drug addict"s

Because they go from great fame and everyone wants to be around them to who are you in a split second. They have fragile egos and a need to be a center of attention.... kind of what happens when you say everyone is a Ped, or daddy raped me( Latoya) or Daddy abused me.... Actors that have no fame will reach for anything to get something that might resemble the fame they once had. Add to that they blew their fortune on fast cars and drugs and they are broke with no means to keep the lifestyle.

Notice how he said, they were everywhere, he didn't say it was this person and if he names someone...bet they will be dead so they can't defend themselves. He has no credibility, but that won't keep the masses from believing this crap too... after all the National Enquirer is the largest selling paper. People like to fill their lives with BS. Why not add something to the social culture than spread rumors that you have no means to verify (conveniently).

Old 10-22-2013, 01:13 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post

Stupid? I make a comment about Hollywood, which is the topic of this thread,
and you call me stupid? You can disagree with my point, but calling me stupid
because we don't agree is not what a debate is all about.

You owe me an apology.
No, I don't.

I addressed your idea that people in Hollywood are the only ones that don't talk trash about others in their own profession publicly.

Then I pointed out that it is stupid to single out Hollywood as a hotbed of pedophilia {the topic of this thread} when it is quite clear that pedophilia is just as common among priests and coaches.

If you want to twist that into a personal insult.....that is your problem.....not mine.

Old 10-22-2013, 01:16 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
noooooooo.......not liberal Hollywood.
Pedophilia is not a liberal or conservative problem.....it is a human problem.

Old 10-22-2013, 03:43 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
A washed up has-been actor, heavy drinker and drug addict accusing people in hollywood.....

Yup, real believable........
You doubt that these Hollywood scum are into kids. Wow, wake up and join the real world.

Old 10-22-2013, 03:46 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
You doubt that these Hollywood scum are into kids. Wow, wake up and join the real world.
Which "Hollywood scum" would that be?

The directors? The producers? The costumers? The gaffers and the camera operators? How about the ladies who put out the donuts on the craft services table? Are they scum?

Do we get to call everyone who goes to a Catholic church scum because some of their priests molested kids? It's such fun to watch the conservatives trip all other themselves when they start talking morals.

Old 10-22-2013, 03:54 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Which "Hollywood scum" would that be?

The directors? The producers? The costumers? The gaffers and the camera operators? How about the ladies who put out the donuts on the craft services table? Are they scum?

Do we get to call everyone who goes to a Catholic church scum because some of their priests molested kids? It's such fun to watch the conservatives trip all other themselves when they start talking morals.
I don't care what you call Catholics. I'm secure enough in my faith.

I'm also secure in my knowledge that people who gravitate towards the entertainment business often have a serious lack of morality.

I had a good friend who went to Hollywood when we were young to try a career in acting. He was a good looking kid, he quit and moved home because the homosexuals were so aggressive he couldn't stand it. They pretty much told him he had no shot unless he put out. A bunch of creeps is all he saw.

Old 10-22-2013, 04:46 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,452,545 times
Corey Feldman Details Sexual Abuse He & Corey Haim Suffered As Child Stars In New Tell-All Memoir

Quote:
Haim first revealed the abuse he’d suffered to Feldman when the two shot the 1986 comedy Lucas, Feldman said in the book. He said that on the set of the film, Haim told him “an adult male convinced him that it was perfectly normal for older men and younger boys in the business to have sexual relations, that it was what all the guys do.

Old 10-22-2013, 05:44 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I don't care what you call Catholics. I'm secure enough in my faith.

I'm also secure in my knowledge that people who gravitate towards the entertainment business often have a serious lack of morality.

I had a good friend who went to Hollywood when we were young to try a career in acting. He was a good looking kid, he quit and moved home because the homosexuals were so aggressive he couldn't stand it. They pretty much told him he had no shot unless he put out. A bunch of creeps is all he saw.
When did I call Catholics ANY names? I asked you a few questions.

I'm VERY familiar with the entertainment industry in L.A. The vast majority of people who work in it are just regular Americans who have kids and a dog and car payments and a beer when they get home from work. Many of them even go to church.

But don't let facts interfere with what ONE person (who wasn't successful) told you.

Old 04-21-2014, 05:39 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,993,500 times
Top Hollywood bosses - including former Fox head, top BBC executive and Disney TV president -accused alongside X-men director Brian Singer of abusing young boys
  • Michael Egan has filed a lawsuit against director Bryan Singer, saying he abused him when he was 17 years old in Hawaii and California
  • In a shocking revelation Monday, Egan named Hollywood juggernauts Garth Ancier, David Neuman and Gary Goddard as additional abusers
  • Singer's lawyer has said records show he was in Toronto at the time and not in Hawaii where Egan claims the director abused him in 1999
  • Egan said he was abused by Singer and others involved in a Hollywood sex ring starting when he was 15
  • Now a 2003 affidavit has emerged in which a victim believed to be Egan details the sexual abuse he suffered at the hands of 2 businessmen
  • There is no mention of Singer in the document
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies