Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 10:02 PM

1,457 posts, read 2,028,065 times

Advertisements

They are just people, people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2011, 10:03 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,259 times
Would love to meet a President, no matter their political affiliation. Like tippinturtle said, I'm a Democrat so I would really love to meet a Dem President. I work in DC, so hope is not lost!!

Old 08-12-2011, 10:04 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,481,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I would consider it a once in a lifetime experience to meet a president---no matter what party he/she was from. I met President Ford face-to-face on several occasions and thought the time was well spent. I was also very close to where Obama was on Monday but I don't do crowds anymore or I might have considered going. I also think a parent should expose their kids to at least one political rally when they're 12-14 years old, try to spare an interest in government in them at an early age.
agreed. My mom took me to a Ronald Reagan rally in 1984 when I was three. Well, actually it was George Bush campaigning for Reagan. All I remember is a ton of little waving American flags, but I'm glad my mom wanted to expose me to politics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
They have a special way to put their pants on?
Bend steel in their bare hands?
Walk on water?
CR@P in Living color?

I'll pass!
Well, no. But it's just interesting. I'm a government/history teacher, so I consider stuff like that important. To each his own.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:12 PM

527 posts, read 467,697 times
I met Bush Sr. when he was running for president, he was the vice president at the time. I was waitng for the train to head downtown to go to work. While we were waiting all of a sudden limosines pulled up at the station, and police blocked off the streets around the station. Out of the limos come Bush all of his flunkies and the governor and other top repub Illinois politicos. Here I am trying to go to work and not wanting to be late, and I knew this was going to delay our train. So when Bush came up to me to shake my hand he asked me how I was doing and I replied that I was pissed off that him and Edgar and Big Jim Thompson were holding up our train just so they could glad hand the commuters, anf how that was showing real support for the working man. He got a weird look on his face as I guess he didnt expect such a reply to his schmoozing-the flunkies just hurried him along the platform.
I also had the chance to heckle Reagan when he came to our high school when he was running for president, yelling out a question to him when he was being a typical candidate going up against an incumbant, just tearing down Carter and not offering up any of his ideas, nor letting the people at the pep rally know just how much he would do to start the destruction of the middle class. He just looked towards me after I yelled out "We know what Carter has done,what are you going to do?" and gave one of his smart ass smirky chuckles saying "Well, i guess there are some Carter fans here today"

Old 08-12-2011, 10:16 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,905,319 times
Absolutely not ... I had no desire to see Bush when he visited Great Falls .. and I have no desire to ever be in the same room with Obama ..

I'm not really very interested in looking at, or seeing, people who seem to think that they are more important than they really are ...

Old 08-12-2011, 10:19 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,167,680 times
I personally feel Obama has failed the American people, so NO.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:20 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
If I was already where he was, i.e I could walk to his location, I would. But I'm not going out of my way to do so if I'm not.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:22 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,923,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
I personally feel Obama has failed the American people, so NO.
im talking any president, doesnt just have to be obama.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:23 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,834,761 times
You have two types of people in this world .. Star Struck (with no lives of their own) and .. The rest of us!

The rest of us have fulfilling lives, are happy with who we are and Know that these Powerful or Beautiful People wouldn't p1$$ on us if we were on fire.

We also now know that since Obama got elected .. There is nothing special to becoming President anymore!

(I just HAD to get that shot in!)

Old 08-12-2011, 10:25 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,537,016 times
I would love to take a pic with any president and get his signature....then put the pic on Ebay!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies