Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 10:40 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,138,039 times

Advertisements

Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy
I'm very open and honest about the fact that I believe that the left hates this country and wants to destroy it, and then you whine and complain that we are attacking them and calling them unpatriotic. So, yes, I am calling you unpatriotic, there is no sugar coating that. So let's put that aside and say that I am dead wrong and you are not unpatriotic and do not hate America, well then you tell me who is. Define them and give specific examples and characteristics that make it so. Thanks

Someone who is unAmerican and hates America? Sorry ma'am, but look in the mirror. This isn't an attack, but honestly, you are one of the closest people here who I view in that light. You clearly see other Americans through glasses that are as thick as bank teller windows. It's the only way to explain how wrong your perceptions are. The left wants to destroy this country?? I'm speechless (but I'll keep writing...)

It is unAmerican to view your fellow Americans as enemies. If you hate your fellow citizens for having a different view, you are unAmerican. Those of us on the left dislike certain people, yes we most certainly do, but we vehemently oppose their IDEAS and ACTIONS. We don't go the extra mile and irrationally accuse them of wanting to destroy the country. I hated Bush but I didn't think he was out to destroy the country per se. He had very bad ideas and was given terrible advice that cost this country dearly in every regard.

The side that regularly goes this extra mile is the right. They make it personal. It's about time somebody called them out for this horrible, country-destroying, insane, counterproductive, and dangerous tactic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2011, 10:42 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
I'm very open and honest about the fact that I believe that the left hates this country and wants to destroy it, and then you whine and complain that we are attacking them and calling them unpatriotic. So, yes, I am calling you unpatriotic, there is no sugar coating that. So let's put that aside and say that I am dead wrong and you are not unpatriotic and do not hate America, well then you tell me who is. Define them and give specific examples and characteristics that make it so. Thanks
They don't hate America.

They hate the Constitution, because it limits their ability to "fundamentally change America".

Old 08-13-2011, 10:43 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,099,924 times
Quote:
Tell me where one would find the words "Separation of Church and State" and define what those words mean to you. I'm truly intrigued by your post, because my initial reaction is that it is thinly veiled Christaphobia. Prove to me that you're not an Anti Christian bigot.
I've never once advocated for, proposed, or would ever support a law that takes away the rights of Christians or treats them as second class citizens or differently under the law than non-Christians (nor do I treat them any different in my personal life than I do anyone else). Hence, I'm not a Christaphobic, anti-Christian bigot.

Old 08-13-2011, 10:44 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,098,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
They don't hate America.

They hate the Constitution, because it limits their ability to "fundamentally change America".
Right, they want to fundamentally change it because they hate it as it currently exists.

Old 08-13-2011, 10:45 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,098,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
I've never once advocated for, proposed, or would ever support a law that takes away the rights of Christians or treats them as second class citizens or differently under the law than non-Christians (nor do I treat them any different in my personal life than I do anyone else). Hence, I'm not a Christaphobic, anti-Christian bigot.
Ok, fair enough,now how about the first part of my post?

Old 08-13-2011, 10:49 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,772,641 times
Quote:
Other parts of the world? The other two posters are noobs, but I thought that you had been here long enough to know what you're talking about. Quick refresher: immigrant married to first generation American with a bi- racial child.
Then go take care of your kid, and stop insulting people who don't believe exactly as you do.

Old 08-13-2011, 10:49 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,289,340 times
Quote:
People who want to secede from America, people like Rick Perry.

People who applaud bad economic news and want to prolong the recession/depression for the purpose of making Obama look bad.

Tea partier Timothy McVeigh who killed hundreds of Americans.

Old 08-13-2011, 10:57 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,449,172 times
I'd answer this thread more substantively, but I'm not a "neo-prog" and don't really know what one is. I'm just an American who happens to actually be educated and possesses some moderate opinions that don't sound like they came from a strict adherence to am talk radio shows. Sue me.

Old 08-13-2011, 11:01 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,289,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Posts like this are the reason that people don't take you seriously.
translation, I don't know how to respond except with ad hominem attacks.

Ironic considering the text of the OP

Quote:
I'm very open and honest about the fact that I believe that the left hates this country and wants to destroy it,. So, yes, I am calling you unpatriotic, there is no sugar coating that. Thanks

Old 08-13-2011, 11:05 AM

2,347 posts, read 2,784,571 times
Quote:
Is Southeast Asia the south?
So wait you don't actually live in America? or you're a soldier, who apparently only like half the people you are supposed to be defending.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies