Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 04:45 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,990,054 times

Advertisements

When women need to count their blessings consider the following:
DangerPoll - TrustLaw

Quote:
From rape and domestic violence to lack of healthcare and education, millions of women experience daily peril, but nowhere more than in the five countries a TrustLaw Women expert poll identifies as the world's most dangerous countries to be female in 2011: Afghanistan, Democratic Republic of Congo, Pakistan, India and Somalia.

More informative links here:
SPECIAL COVERAGE: The world's most dangerous countries for women - TrustLaw
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2011, 05:10 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,664,232 times
So, because the treatment of women is worse in other places we should sit down, shut up and accept whatever is thrown at us in the US?

It doesn't work that way.

Old 08-13-2011, 05:35 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,502,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
When women need to count their blessings consider the following:
DangerPoll - TrustLaw

More informative links here:
SPECIAL COVERAGE: The world's most dangerous countries for women - TrustLaw

I would have thought China would be in the top five but then I realized that China's one child policy and strong bias towards males means that a lot of potential females never make it to womanhood so the matter is moot.

Old 08-13-2011, 05:52 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,664,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post

I don't know how you extrapolated that from the OP. Really, just go away if you have nothing of value to contribute.
Well, considering your posting history (which, I usually do when commenting) and the fact that you said "When women need to count their blessings consider the following"

I assumed you meant that women here in the US need to quit complaining about how 'badly' they're treated when there are women suffering in other parts of the world. You've complained ad nauseam about 'feminazis' and the like, so I'd say it was a fair assumption.

Old 08-13-2011, 05:52 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,624,473 times
I dont need to count my blessings. I make my own future....this is more propaganda.

Work for legal aid and get out in the world OP . If you ever lived in a major city ( or traveled more than 100 miles out of your little hometown) its difficult to be a single profl woman anywhere...

or if they want to be subjugated they can follow the GOP and "be submissive" kinda like psycho pedophile Warren Jeffs preaching- "be sweet and submissive".

How disgraceful and reactionary you people try to oppress women voters. This is 2011. Visit So. Florida and see how they will listen to your white supremacist fear mongering (sarc). It ISNT WORKING. You have no clue how to appeal to working women professionals.

Ho sick and sad OP thinks women voters in US who have degrees and careers will be swayed by garbage divisive propaganda.

Old 08-14-2011, 05:20 AM

20,363 posts, read 19,978,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
I dont need to count my blessings. I make my own future....this is more propaganda.

Work for legal aid and get out in the world OP . If you ever lived in a major city ( or traveled more than 100 miles out of your little hometown) its difficult to be a single profl woman anywhere...

or if they want to be subjugated they can follow the GOP and "be submissive" kinda like psycho pedophile Warren Jeffs preaching- "be sweet and submissive".

How disgraceful and reactionary you people try to oppress women voters. This is 2011. Visit So. Florida and see how they will listen to your white supremacist fear mongering (sarc). It ISNT WORKING. You have no clue how to appeal to working women professionals.

Ho sick and sad OP thinks women voters in US who have degrees and careers will be swayed by garbage divisive propaganda.
Talk about reactionary

And you're a college professor? What do you teach?

Old 08-14-2011, 05:22 AM

20,363 posts, read 19,978,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Well, considering your posting history (which, I usually do when commenting) and the fact that you said "When women need to count their blessings consider the following"

I assumed you meant that women here in the US need to quit complaining about how 'badly' they're treated when there are women suffering in other parts of the world. You've complained ad nauseam about 'feminazis' and the like, so I'd say it was a fair assumption.
Aside from your deep personal feelings about an anonymous poster, any thoughts on the article itself?

You did join the discussion voluntarily, I presume.

Old 08-14-2011, 07:10 AM

2,673 posts, read 3,253,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post

WEll stated!!

Old 08-14-2011, 07:32 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,655,007 times
Women are treated poorly everywhere, it is a matter of degree. We are fortunate here, however, to at least have laws to protect women. Not so for much of the world's pits. So counting "blessings" is in order for us here relatively speaking. Add to that people are treated poorly by each other the world over, is the human condition. At least the societal mores in the Western world have tried to remedy that, and now with the loss of those values, we are becoming more third world sadly. Still we are a beacon comparatively to the rest of the dark globe.

Old 08-14-2011, 08:56 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,765,914 times
Is it just me or are the left wingers flying off the edge here on this one. The OP presents two articles from one of the the most trusted and respected World Wide news organizations (NOT FOX by the way) and the Feminazis go frigging ape ****.

What is wrong with some of you people?

This thread is about the oppressive abuse and murder of WOMEN in the 21st century no less from so very bassackward countries. Why in the hell would you deride the the OP for presenting this information?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies