Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2011, 02:08 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,799,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
Yep! Sad but true, it is no longer a safety net, but a subsidy on the spread between the rich and poor.

We know families where both parents work two jobs and still need food stamps.
Yep. Employers just don't pay enough. Profits over lives=America's Creed!

Old 08-16-2011, 02:14 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiogenesofJackson View Post
Yep. Employers just don't pay enough. Profits over lives=America's Creed!
Then make your OWN investment.

Old 08-16-2011, 04:57 PM

527 posts, read 467,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Yup I am opposed to all of the above. Nothing wrong with having standards for which the community can live by.
Standards that are illogical in the Real world and not 1950's Opieland.

Old 08-16-2011, 05:02 PM

1,595 posts, read 2,764,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Do you have any idea the kind of abuse that happens in orphanages? Don't you realize abuse is what leads to this kind of mentality? A lot of these women have had it hard. There is a lot of physical, emotional, and sexual abuse in poor communities. There's even more in orphanages. Part of the reason these women feel like the world owes them because they grew up being sent the message that the only thing they're good for is their reproductive ability and that they will never amount to more. That sort of brainwashing comes directly out of the kinds of abuse that happens in many poor communities, and even more so in foster care programs and orphanages.

What a bunch of BS . Abuse happens regardless of where people live, how much money they have or don't have. They have baby after baby after baby and are baby machines or rather sluts because they are paid to be that way not because they are abused. They don't feel the world owes them they just use that BS excuse and use the attitude to get what they want. Maybe to you it's because you were raised that way or know someone who was but I don't see that at all I have seen the exact opposite from so many on assistance. I have also seen and been taught myself that little girls grow up to have babies and it's the life we were meant for it doesn't mean try like hell to out race any other race, years ago that's what it was to people, it's was our lot in life.

Today the men (Fathers) leave the women because it's what they want to do. It's not because they are raised to think that's all they are for. These women are alone because the men leave them and they do this so they can get the assistance. If the man stays around then there's not much excuse to stay in the assistance which will lead to eventually having to get a job and/or pay child support. Now why do that when he can just run around like a dog pregnating the women without taking responsibility. Forgive my crudeness but it's the only way I know to say it for what it is. It's a win win for both. I'm not talking about couples going through a rough time that will change with the economy. I'm not talking about the single Mother who has only one or two children and working her way throught School and working towards being independent. I'm talking about people who, and we all know a majority do this, deliberatly have the babies to get the assistance and everything else that goes with it.

Its easy to get pregnant and get paid with assistance, free apt., food and medical than it is to go to work and have only what you can afford what you worked for. You confuse a controlled environment with 24/7 video cameras, trained personnel with foster care. I agree there is a lot of abuse in foster
care and the children slip throught the cracks but thats from being moved around so much and no trained personnel, video camara's watching to protect them. With the right kind of orphange these kids can have a chance in life instead of being destined to repeat the life of the parent from generation
to generation. Take them out of the environment while the parent learns how to get out of the environment or lose the assistance. This isn't the old days where kids would be put to work when they are in orphanages.

Since you claim being poor leads to abuse, physical, mental, sexual then you give reason to having forced abortions or forced to give them up permanently when being poor because it causes this and it causes them to feel they are baby machines ......sorry not buying it. They have babies to get the assistance and end up resenting having the babies they never wanted. Giving permanent assistance from generation to generation has led to this and it keeps them poor with absolutely no incentive or self esteem to get off their asses and find work or learn a trade to get work.

If something like this isn't done then they will all end up living on the streets because this Country is running out of money and time. We can't keep paying people to have babies. You can forget about any assistance, food stamps and even foster care since that is also Government paid....taxpayer paid.

Last edited by Lolipopbubbles; 08-16-2011 at 05:13 PM..

Old 08-16-2011, 05:19 PM

1,595 posts, read 2,764,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Not every family can be the Osmonds and put their kids to work as children, but maybe the labor laws need to be updated.
Yeah so she can get on assistance and he's not responsible if he's the B/F. If he's a legal husband he can be taken to court for child support which is why so many now don't bother to marry.

Old 08-16-2011, 06:03 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,461,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantthinkofaname View Post
What a bunch of BS . Abuse happens regardless of where people live, how much money they have or don't have. They have baby after baby after baby and are baby machines or rather sluts because they are paid to be that way not because they are abused. They don't feel the world owes them they just use that BS excuse and use the attitude to get what they want. Maybe to you it's because you were raised that way or know someone who was but I don't see that at all I have seen the exact opposite from so many on assistance. I have also seen and been taught myself that little girls grow up to have babies and it's the life we were meant for it doesn't mean try like hell to out race any other race, years ago that's what it was to people, it's was our lot in life.

Today the men (Fathers) leave the women because it's what they want to do. It's not because they are raised to think that's all they are for. These women are alone because the men leave them and they do this so they can get the assistance. If the man stays around then there's not much excuse to stay in the assistance which will lead to eventually having to get a job and/or pay child support. Now why do that when he can just run around like a dog pregnating the women without taking responsibility. Forgive my crudeness but it's the only way I know to say it for what it is. It's a win win for both. I'm not talking about couples going through a rough time that will change with the economy. I'm not talking about the single Mother who has only one or two children and working her way throught School and working towards being independent. I'm talking about people who, and we all know a majority do this, deliberatly have the babies to get the assistance and everything else that goes with it.

Its easy to get pregnant and get paid with assistance, free apt., food and medical than it is to go to work and have only what you can afford what you worked for. You confuse a controlled environment with 24/7 video cameras, trained personnel with foster care. I agree there is a lot of abuse in foster
care and the children slip throught the cracks but thats from being moved around so much and no trained personnel, video camara's watching to protect them. With the right kind of orphange these kids can have a chance in life instead of being destined to repeat the life of the parent from generation
to generation. Take them out of the environment while the parent learns how to get out of the environment or lose the assistance. This isn't the old days where kids would be put to work when they are in orphanages.

Since you claim being poor leads to abuse, physical, mental, sexual then you give reason to having forced abortions or forced to give them up permanently when being poor because it causes this and it causes them to feel they are baby machines ......sorry not buying it. They have babies to get the assistance and end up resenting having the babies they never wanted. Giving permanent assistance from generation to generation has led to this and it keeps them poor with absolutely no incentive or self esteem to get off their asses and find work or learn a trade to get work.

If something like this isn't done then they will all end up living on the streets because this Country is running out of money and time. We can't keep paying people to have babies. You can forget about any assistance, food stamps and even foster care since that is also Government paid....taxpayer paid.
I never said that abuse is restricted to poor people. I know abuse can, and does, happen to anyone, anywhere.

I don't know one story that has led me to believe this. I know dozens. I've worked several years with orphans and foster care children and seen abuse all around. I guess the video cameras aren't working.

You are right, though. Some of these mothers know that having a baby will get them assistance. I know people personally who had children so they wouldn't have to get their (abusive) parent to sign a FAFSA form because they don't ever want to talk to their (abusive) parent again.

There is a lot going on that is so awful. FS abuse is the tip of the iceberg.

Old 08-16-2011, 06:32 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
This is just from a half a day of denied EBT. Just wait until food stamp budgets go dry for days on end, or even indefinitely.
And that is why the welfare entitlements will be the last to be cut.
If and when they are then it's time to head for the hills.

Old 08-16-2011, 06:36 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,592,930 times
The other thread about Alabama; whats that about?? CNN and Fox isnt covering it they are talking about Somalia again

Old 08-16-2011, 07:00 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,281,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
The other thread about Alabama; whats that about?? CNN and Fox isnt covering it they are talking about Somalia again
I always felt bad for Somalia. It's the go-to libertarian strawman for every uneducated progressive in existence.

Old 08-16-2011, 07:12 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,825,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Where are the dads?
It is sad...a child never a father to build them a sandbox..or knew how to build one.

A happy child is one playing in a sandbox built by their father. How many sandboxes are built today?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies