Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2014, 07:17 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bpurrfect View Post

Yes, there is a great deal of demonizing going on about this subject.

It seems a lot of ignorant hateful wicked judgemental misguided nazi-esque people who have never experienced job loss with subsequent low pay, or disasters in their lives, or ill health or disability after having children; are on here and elsewhere, demonizing those who have had a hard time in life after they had children and lost their good jobs or their health.

In case you missed it, the caseworker said that the irresponsible types are the few, and the exception, not the majority of people using foodstamps.

Let us hope that you who are on here trying to kill your good neighbors (yes, you are callous uncaring cold hearted murderers at heart: you would remove necessary food and sustenance from struggling citizens til they die)-- let us hope that YOU lose your jobs, your health , your life savings ,and your relatives' help. Let us hope you lose your home, and all assets, and never hold a job above minimum wage again. Let us hope you have disastrous traumatic injuries so that you cannot work nor hardly walk, and are left to starve on the sidewalk without a roof over your head. May your children also go without any help whatsoever, due to your disability and losses.
Wow! Such hate! How can you spew so much hate and live with yourself? Why do you feel the need to hate people enough to damn their children?

I don't think I've ever seen so much hate in one person. I'm glad you don't live near me.

Old 03-04-2014, 02:30 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,931,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
You have it backwards. Those who enslave people to government are the hateful ones. I help people in need quite often. I help my friends and relatives and am quite confident that they would help me if needed.

It's unfortunate that you have nobody that would help you. Pitiful. You must be the "undeserving, hateful, unthinking self.." since you have nobody that would help you other than the government.
This is a good point. Just because people are not in favor of govt services of this kind doesn't mean they think people should be left hanging or without.

One has to be careful about judging and jumping to conclusions. The whole reason the govt offers services in the first place is to acquire more wealth, just like any other corporation. However, there is a bit more to this subject and most may not be aware of aspects not commonly discussed in MSM.

Old 03-04-2014, 02:33 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,931,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
That response was to a poster who was essentially saying that a mother and her children should be kicked onto the freezing streets to starve. You think opinions like that don't deserve condemnation?
I saw no such statement. Condemnation serves no one imo. One can make healthy choices without the perceived need to condemn. There are always consequences for any action. Plenty of condemnation on this planet as it is.

Old 03-04-2014, 02:40 PM

6,897 posts, read 4,751,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenDullesMJ12 View Post
Just wait until welfare is cut. The people who make a party off it wont be so happy as they are in this video.

Chapter - EBT (It's Free Swipe Yo EBT) - YouTube
Quality entertainment there.

Old 03-04-2014, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
This is a good point. Just because people are not in favor of govt services of this kind doesn't mean they think people should be left hanging or without.

One has to be careful about judging and jumping to conclusions. The whole reason the govt offers services in the first place is to acquire more wealth, just like any other corporation. However, there is a bit more to this subject and most may not be aware of aspects not commonly discussed in MSM.
Exactly!

We have been conditioned to think that the only source of a safety net is the government and that's unfortunate, wasteful and enslaving.

Old 03-04-2014, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Quality entertainment there.

Old 03-04-2014, 04:51 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
A taste of what happens when food stamps inevitably grind to a halt.

People on welfare will do anything to keep the gravy train coming.

Old 03-05-2014, 10:49 AM

5,365 posts, read 6,336,999 times
Quote:
No, the post said nothing of the sort. You lie! Your lie is so bald faced that you have lost all credibility.

Nobody said a mother and her children should be kicked into the freezing street to starve. Your narrow mind cannot see beyond government programs that enslave people. There are many many alternatives to the nanny state that help people in need. Wake up.
Really? So what would your alternative be for this people?

Old 03-05-2014, 10:53 AM

5,365 posts, read 6,336,999 times
Quote:
Wow! Such hate! How can you spew so much hate and live with yourself? Why do you feel the need to hate people enough to damn their children?

I don't think I've ever seen so much hate in one person. I'm glad you don't live near me.
That is no different than what you yourself said. How about owning up to your own post before you try and spin insults towards others?

Old 03-05-2014, 11:03 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,661,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
Not with this gang in the white house.
They'd rather save money by eliminating the military.
A 5.7% cut in the military which is larger than the next 7 largest militaries combined is not exactly "eliminating the military" as you put it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies