Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 07:44 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
So you too are going on record by claiming the GOP DID NOT campaign on jobs. You are really that desperate to go into combative mode with me. PG you typically don't get caught in so many lies, whats going on this morning?
Are you going to stand here with a straight face and tell me the GOP campaigned on government created jobs?
Quote:
Oh dear, now your on full mode attack. LIE LIE LIE spin spin spin now the school yard childish rants. Are you going on record claiming the GOP did not campaign on jobs?
Dont know the difference between privately created jobs, and government ones? Thats pretty sad
Quote:
You see it as defense I see it as researching before I post. Something that you know nothing of. You may have your little cheerleading crowd snowed and those that you bully into backing down from your spin game, but I know different. Stop projecting your excuses and defense of the GOP and attempting to provide them with clean hands with this mess. Not once have I defended or excused either party in anything. You are so desperate now you've moved onto blatant LIES.

http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/95xx/doc9...astructure.pdf
You better re-read that report,

[LEFT]For example, the Department of Transportation has reported that the demand for new spending on highways could be reduced by as much as $20 billion annually if congestion pricing were implemented to encourage efficient use of existing infrastructure.

Second, the research suggests that the returns on the initial phase of a system of public investments, such as the creation of the Interstate Highway System, can be large but that the economic payoff declines as the system grows.
[/LEFT]
[LEFT]To improve the management of federal facilities and maximize proceeds from the sale of surplus properties

SELLING OFF YOUR ASSETS IS NOT INVESTING , nor is doing something with deminishing economical payoff

Furthermore, Figure B-1, on page 40 PROVES its not an investment!!

if building infrastruture was an "investments", I say we just flatten every national park in the nation and cement them. Think of the economic prosperity we'll see as a nation [/LEFT]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2011, 07:49 AM
C.C

2,235 posts, read 2,362,261 times
Quote:
Wait, So your claiming the Republicans DID NOT campaign on Jobs? Your claiming the Republicans DID NOT go at the Democrats and the President for not presenting a jobs bill or jobs plan? Really? Did you just move to the U.S recently, because if thats what your claiming you weren't around during 2010 campaign
Ah, thank you for backing off your absurd story that the repubs promised a budget-busting infrastructure bill. I'm sure you realize now that no one here is stupid enough to believe that fairy tale...

Old 08-16-2011, 07:50 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,535,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Are you going to stand here with a straight face and tell me the GOP campaigned on government created jobs?
Still in Lying spin mode I see. YOU are the ONLY ONE using the words create. I was very clear each time I've responded. The GOP campaigned on Jobs and you know it. But since you want to keep scating pass it, go back and read their Pledge to America.
Dont know the difference between privately created jobs, and government ones? Thats pretty sad
Its pretty sad that you continue to blatanly lie. But I guess thats how you get other posters to either block you or back down and not respond. But I have no problem in calling out lies and liars.
You better re-read that report,

[LEFT]For example, the Department of Transportation has reported that the demand for new spending on highways could be reduced by as much as $20 billion annually if congestion pricing were implemented to encourage efficient use of existing infrastructure.

Second, the research suggests that the returns on the initial phase of a system of public investments, such as the creation of the Interstate Highway System, can be large but that the economic payoff declines as the system grows.
[/LEFT]
[LEFT]To improve the management of federal facilities and maximize proceeds from the sale of surplus properties

SELLING OFF YOUR ASSETS IS NOT INVESTING , nor is doing something with deminishing economical payoff

Furthermore, Figure B-1, on page 40 PROVES its not an investment!!

if building infrastruture was an "investments", I say we just flatten every national park in the nation and cement them. Think of the economic prosperity we'll see as a nation [/LEFT]

Wait so are you taking issue with ME using the term "investment in Infrastructure, but not those who apparently get paid and apparently know more than you on the subject? You know what, I can deal with that. When will you reach out to the CBO to correct them?

Old 08-16-2011, 07:51 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,535,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.C View Post
Ah, thank you for backing off your absurd story that the repubs promised a budget-busting infrastructure bill. I'm sure you realize now that no one here is stupid enough to believe that fairy tale...
Where did I back down, I'm still asking when are they going to get on it? If we need to invest in infrastructure to catch up with China (claims made by the the Idiots in DC of course), when are they going to get on it?

Old 08-16-2011, 08:12 AM
C.C

2,235 posts, read 2,362,261 times
Quote:
Where did I back down, I'm still asking when are they going to get on it? If we need to invest in infrastructure to catch up with China (claims made by the the Idiots in DC of course), when are they going to get on it?
Make up your mind - you specifically criticized repubs for failing to pass some infrastructure spending bill that you said they promised. Please provide a link showing even ONE freshman repub who promised such a bill. They promised to pass a budget. They promised to start reining in out of control spending. They promised to repeal obamacare. They passed bills to fulfill all of those things.

You know, come to think of it, I can't even recall any DEM candidates promising some big infrastructure spending boondoggle. Maybe that's why they haven't proposed anything either?

Old 08-16-2011, 09:07 AM

912 posts, read 1,331,404 times
If they had polled me ,that would lower.

Old 08-16-2011, 09:08 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,528,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Now, remember, this is a poll of adults, which will always be more favorable to the democrats.

You can take off 2-5 points from this for LV/RV.

Gallup.Com - Daily News, Polls, Public Opinion on Government, Politics, Economics, Management

39% Approve - 54% Disapprove.

I'm thinking his message of blame and unwillingness to admit his own failures is the reason.

I guess it probably didn't help that once again, obamacare, HIS signature legislative, got smacked down in the courts.
RealClearPolitics - President Obama vs. Republican Candidates

Old 08-16-2011, 01:16 PM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times
The hangers on will approve Obama if he confiscated their homes and money . It is loyal blindness.

Old 08-16-2011, 01:26 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,275,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Gallup also has him lower than Rasmussen.

Old 08-16-2011, 02:13 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
The GOP campaigned on Jobs and you know it. But since you want to keep scating pass it, go back and read their Pledge to America.
No they didn't.

They campaigned on repealing obamacare, stopping obama's agenda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies