Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 09:33 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,857,391 times

Advertisements

If genocide against your countrymen isn't "that bad" then what prey tell is?

He killed those that opposed him. People were beaten, raped and killed under his regime. He tested biologicals on his own people.

Perhaps you have a different level of tolerance... I consider him pretty hideous.

Comparing him to others that are also hideous doesn't make the kettle less black than the pot... they are both black and repugnant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2011, 10:30 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,476,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
If genocide against your countrymen isn't "that bad" then what prey tell is?
Pray tell, you mean?

There was no "genocide" in Iraq, if you define genocide as a Hitler-style "final solution." He wiped out villages that took up arms against his government during a war, in collaboration with the enemy. War crimes, yes; genocide, no. He would've done the same things to rebellious Arabs.

Old 08-16-2011, 10:31 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,305,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
How does that qualify as a defense of Saddam rather than as an indictment of Bush?
Okay, you convinced me... Saddam was a good 'ol boy.

Let me know when you want to get back to reality.

Old 08-16-2011, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Okay, you convinced me... Saddam was a good 'ol boy.

Let me know when you want to get back to reality.
(Yawn.) Don't you guys ever come up with any new material?

The meat-grinder was so 2003.

Old 08-16-2011, 10:56 PM

1,123 posts, read 776,071 times
Quote:
Pray tell, you mean?

There was no "genocide" in Iraq, if you define genocide as a Hitler-style "final solution." He wiped out villages that took up arms against his government during a war, in collaboration with the enemy. War crimes, yes; genocide, no. He would've done the same things to rebellious Arabs.
Such an obvious trolling post its not worth a response of any kind.

Old 08-16-2011, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterpetron View Post
Such an obvious trolling post its not worth a response of any kind.
Point to the incorrect word, please, and explain with evidence why it's incorrect.

Old 08-16-2011, 11:22 PM

6,926 posts, read 6,550,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeman0 View Post
Iraq was better off with him than they are now
Are you crazed man!!!! Sadam not only killed innocient people, gassed them, took there young boys and trained them to shoot to fight against the enemy but his sons raped young girls, took pictures and showed it to their parents and them killed them. Now you can say they would of been better off now!!!!

I still can't get images of babies dead in the streets bloated because they were gassed, God bless those little soules. These Arab countries should get with the program it is no longer Ancient times modernize the way you live and treat each other with respect and hold them worthy.

Old 08-16-2011, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopedelivers View Post
I still can't get images of babies dead in the streets bloated because they were gassed, God bless those little soules.
Have you happened to look at any news from that country since?

Have you looked at pictures from Dresden and Hiroshima? I assume you have a ready-made excuse for that.

Old 08-17-2011, 12:25 AM

24,510 posts, read 33,305,373 times
Quote:
(Yawn.) Don't you guys ever come up with any new material?

The meat-grinder was so 2003.
In case you forgot:
Saddam: The Bad Guy
The U.S. and Allies: Good Guys

You do agree, don't you?

Old 08-17-2011, 12:48 AM

56 posts, read 32,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasdrubal View Post
I mean, he was a dictator, as every leader in the Middle East was when he ruled Iraq. Although there was much more freedom in Iraq than in neighbor Saudi Arabia or Iran. A lot of the Iraqis were literate, women didn't have to wear a scarf over their heads, Christians were respected and treated well. Compare that to the other nations, were women are treated like possesions and other religions are banned
But we strangulated this with our sanctions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies