Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2011, 09:54 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,036,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
I'm talking about the mega hypocrite Buffet, not me or anyone else. If this asswipe thinks he should be paying more, WHY ISN'T HE?!?!?!?!?!
Seriously, how old are you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2011, 09:55 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Like I just said, his argument isn't that "he alone" should pay more. It is that people "like him" should pay more.

Donating money to the treasury obviously wouldn't yield any changes to the tax code, which is his goal.
ok, again, why is he using those loopholes if he thinks he shouldn't be? Why doesn't he report his REAL income? He advocates hitting people who make more than 1 million with higher taxes. He will escape from under that by cheating like he is. None of this will effect him, that's why he shouldn't even be the messenger here.

Old 08-15-2011, 09:56 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Seriously, how old are you?
Don't you worry about it. Answer the question, why is Warren Buffet using every trick in the book to get out from under taxes if he says he should be paying more?

Old 08-15-2011, 09:58 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I see no point in debating the issue with you until you delete your post where you took the liberty or changing the words of my post. Delete it or fix it so that it clearly shows that these are your word changes and not mine and save me the hassle of contacting a MOD.
please get over your self..you YOURSELF have done this many times

FACT is your statement was INCORRECT and I corrected it for you

here is your rewrite..baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc
Yet even as their share of the nation’s total income has withered, the tax burden on the middle has grown. Today’s working and middle-class taxpayers are shelling out a bigger chunk of income in payroll taxes, sales taxes, and property taxes than thirty years ago.

Reworded Posted of sickofnyc by WCH
the tax burden on everyone has grown. Today’s EVERY-class taxpayers are shelling out a bigger chunk of income in STATE payroll taxes, STATE/LOCAL sales taxes, and COUNTY/TOWN property taxes than thirty years ago.

Old 08-15-2011, 10:03 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
Quote:
ok, again, why is he using those loopholes if he thinks he shouldn't be?
he thinks the loopholes shouldn't exist, not that he shouldn't be using them.

Quote:
He advocates hitting people who make more than 1 million with higher taxes. He will escape from under that by cheating like he is.
you don't know that; at this point you're just making things up.

Old 08-15-2011, 10:03 AM

4,049 posts, read 5,032,096 times
Quote:
He's the one saying that he should be paying more! WHY ISN'T HE? It's a simple question that he needs to be asked. All he is saying is, "do as I say, not as I do". It's the typical elitist MO. He advocates raising taxes on people making over 1 million. It won't effect him, because he cheats the system by paying himself only 100k, while he hides his real money from the tax collector.
I'm confused... do you think they should fix the loopholes, or don't you?

Old 08-15-2011, 10:06 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Think about this logically for a minute.

If Warren Buffett argues for tax changes to the richest Americans that would not affect the taxes they pay...well, what's the point? Why would he be taking such a nonsense position?
Because he is going to be exempt from those taxes anyway and the only thing that you'll accomplish is to punish the average person who gets into the stock market to make it up the socioeconomic ladder. The uber rich want to keep people under their thumbs. You think Buffet wants to share his status with people who were poorer than him before? Hell no! If that was the case, billionaires wouldn't be living in super exclusive neighborhoods and secluding themselves from mainstream society. I am thinking logically. The question is, are you?

Old 08-15-2011, 10:09 AM

855 posts, read 1,173,195 times
I knew this would be an interesting article, but I underestimated the vitriol factor it would produce...."a--wipe," "baby" and that's only on the last page...

it begs the question, how many of you are "rich" enough to complain about these tax breaks for the wealthy to the point that they affect YOU directly on YOUR w-2s each year?

on the flip side, and how many of you are merely repeating the points you've seen and heard around the sewing circle

like i said on the first page, raise taxes cut spending across the board...i just find what Mr. Buffet says to be interesting considering he's rich (whether through investments, income or whatever) and still advocating taxes on the rich...which as far as i'm concerned includes getting rid of loopholes for income, investments and everything else.

Old 08-15-2011, 10:09 AM

11,760 posts, read 14,654,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Because he is going to be exempt from those taxes anyway
Explanation and evidence, please.

Old 08-15-2011, 10:10 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,036,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Because he is going to be exempt from those taxes anyway and the only thing that you'll accomplish is to punish the average person who gets into the stock market to make it up the socioeconomic ladder. The uber rich want to keep people under their thumbs. You think Buffet wants to share his status with people who were poorer than him before? Hell no! If that was the case, billionaires wouldn't be living in super exclusive neighborhoods and secluding themselves from mainstream society. I am thinking logically. The question is, are you?

You're not going to move up the socieconomic ladder so stop pretending to be a millionaire on the internet, kid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies