Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 08:12 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,861,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
even if you play that card. thats 18 percent of 6,255, which is 1125 hate crimes.

black population is 40 mill. .0000281475 percent of the black population committed a hate crime last year. im supposed to think its a national epidemic because of that number?

people use skewed stats to advance racial agendas, which you see in this thread.

his premise is blacks commit an alarmingly high number of hate crimes.

he fails to point out there are an alarmingly low number of hate crimes to begin with.

i could do the same thing, saying 80 percent of the 10,000 cases of meth criminals are white.

according to my premise, whites have a big meth problem they need to address.

in actuality, 10,000 meth cases in a white population of 200 mill is irrelevant.

but i could push that 80 percent to advance my agenda to people who are stupid enough to believe it.
I understand that, I'm not saying it's a huge epidemic. I'm just trying to point out that white people don't commit a disproportionate amount of hate crimes. It's pretty much equal between the races.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2011, 08:16 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
I understand that, I'm not saying it's a huge epidemic. I'm just trying to point out that white people don't commit a disproportionate amount of hate crimes. It's pretty much equal between the races.
62% of all hate crimes commited by Whites versus 18% by Blacks is equal to you? That must be some sort of weirdo voodoo Repub/TPeePee mathematics

Why can't you (and your ilk) just own it that the Black hate crime "epidemic" is a lie.

Old 08-15-2011, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
62% of all hate crimes commited by Whites versus 18% by Blacks is equal to you? That must be some sort of weirdo voodoo Repub/TPeePee mathematics

Why can't you (and your ilk) just own it that the Black hate crime "epidemic" is a lie.
Blacks make up 13% of the population... so yeah, they are equal. To ignore population differences is to be willfully ignorant, which you leftists do every single time.

Old 08-15-2011, 08:21 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,923,793 times
Quote:
my whole point is this thread was created on the false premise and intentional distortion of statistics to scare people into believing there is a national epidemic of blacks committing hate crimes.

look at the title of this thread, its essentially a scare tactic.

then when i go in and see 6,255 hate crimes combined happened, 1125 of them black, out of a population of 40 million? national epidemic, id tell the op to stop distorting facts.

the truth is the OP wants to convince people who cant understand statistics that its 18 percent of all blacks who committed a hate crime, not 18 percent of 6,255 people.

18 percent of all blacks suits the OP's premise of a startling rise in black hate crimes when it doesnt exist to begin with.

Old 08-15-2011, 08:24 PM

Quote:
my whole point is this thread was created on the false premise and intentional distortion of statistics to scare people into believing there is a national epidemic of blacks committing hate crimes.

look at the title of this thread, its essentially a scare tactic.

then when i go in and see 6,255 hate crimes combined happened, 1125 of them black, out of a population of 40 million? national epidemic, id tell the op to stop distorting facts.

the truth is the OP wants to convince people who cant understand statistics that its 18 percent of all blacks who committed a hate crime, not 18 percent of 6,255 people.

18 percent of all blacks suits the OP's premise of a startling rise in black hate crimes when it doesnt exist to begin with.
I hear you on that, I just wanted to correct the willful ignorance in this thread.

You can not deny the fact that there are mobs of non-white people indiscriminately attacking white people. I don't think it will be a race war that will consume all of America, but I think it's definitely worth taking notice. If mobs of white people were going out and attacking every black person in sight while yelling racial slurs, it would be front page news and you know it. So actually, I believe there is a slight rise, but I'm not going hysterical over it.

As the other poster mentioned, the "white" category may also include hispanics. I will also add that none of us here actually knows how many racially motivated crimes actually end up getting charged as hate crimes. Politics are often mixed with criminal justice.

Old 08-15-2011, 08:26 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
Blacks make up 13% of the population... so yeah, they are equal. To ignore population differences is to be willfully ignorant, which you leftists do every single time.
Maybe you will "get it" a little bit better by looking at the stats regarding the victims of hate crimes...or are you also going to insinuate that Whites played no part in the 71.5% of victims of hate crime who were Black

Victims - Hate Crime Statistics, 2009

Racial bias
Among the single-bias hate crime incidents in 2009, there were 4,057 victims of racially motivated hate crimes.
  • 71.5 percent were victims because of an offender’s anti-black bias.
  • 16.5 percent were victims because of an anti-white bias.
  • 3.7 percent were victims because of an anti-Asian/Pacific Islander bias.
  • 2.1 percent were victims because of an anti-American Indian/Alaskan Native bias.
  • 6.2 percent were victims because of a bias against a group of individuals in which more than one race was represented (anti-multiple races, group).

Old 08-15-2011, 08:30 PM

253 posts, read 201,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtruth View Post
So, i'm sure then you feel the same about black on white hate crimes?
Oh for gods sakes, give me a break. I was talking about that incident that person addressed. Are you now going to say that I'm only tolerant towards black on white crime? You'd be wrong. Get over it.

Old 08-15-2011, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Maybe you will "get it" a little bit better by looking at the stats regarding the victims of hate crimes...or are you also going to insinuate that Whites played no part in the 71.5% of victims of hate crime who were Black
Calipoppy, you are completely ignoring what I said. Look at the populations of these races. The ratios between population and hate crimes committed are nearly identical. You're being willfully ignorant. Please stop.

Obviously white people commit the most hate crimes, because white people make up the majority of the population. That doesn't mean white people are more likely to commit hate crimes.

Old 08-15-2011, 08:32 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,923,793 times
Quote:
I hear you on that, I just wanted to correct the willful ignorance in this thread.

You can not deny the fact that there are mobs of non-white people indiscriminately attacking white people. I don't think it will be a race war that will consume all of America, but I think it's definitely worth taking notice. If mobs of white people were going out and attacking every black person in sight while yelling racial slurs, it would be front page news and you know it. So actually, I believe there is a slight rise, but I'm not going hysterical over it.

As the other poster mentioned, the "white" category may also include hispanics. I will also add that none of us here actually knows how many racially motivated crimes actually end up getting charged as hate crimes. Politics are often mixed with criminal justice.
even if you multiply that number by 10, you still get less then 1 percent of the black population.

im sorry, i cant take notice of 1125 blacks committing a hate crime, and seeing it as a sign of things to come.

i think where you struggle sam barrow, is that you get the visual stuck in your head and go off of that. you see a large number of blacks at once and translate that to a high overall percentage, which is incorrect.

looking at the numbers though its obvious that hate crimes in general are just used by people to stir things up and advance agendas.

crime period has dropped dramatically, which is why i hate people playing the crime angle.

don't come at me with crime when crime is at the lowest point its been at in years.

Old 08-15-2011, 08:37 PM

Quote:
even if you multiply that number by 10, you still get less then 1 percent of the black population.

im sorry, i cant take notice of 1125 blacks committing a hate crime, and seeing it as a sign of things to come.

i think where you struggle sam barrow, is that you get the visual stuck in your head and go off of that. you see a large number of blacks at once and translate that to a high overall percentage, which is incorrect.

looking at the numbers though its obvious that hate crimes in general are just used by people to stir things up and advance agendas.

crime period has dropped dramatically, which is why i hate people playing the crime angle.

don't come at me with crime when crime is at the lowest point its been at in years.
You're ignoring what I said too. I didn't say it was an epidemic. But I sure as hell am keeping my eyes open. DC is one of the worst cities in the country. If roaming gangs of white people were popping up and attacking black people with increasing frequency, you'd have every right to be concerned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies