Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 08:26 AM

25,024 posts, read 27,858,782 times

Advertisements

Was watching their interviews for the Ames straw poll, and guess who they inverviewed? The loser Herman Cain, and the person who wasn't even in the straw poll, Rick Perry. They sure mentioned Bachmann and Perry as frontrunner tea party candidates (in response to Gallup's just released poll that Obama's approval rating sank below 40%) but where is Ron Paul? Hm?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2011, 08:28 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,299,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Was watching their interviews for the Ames straw poll, and guess who they inverviewed? The loser Herman Cain, and the person who wasn't even in the straw poll, Rick Perry. They sure mentioned Bachmann and Perry as frontrunner tea party candidates (in response to Gallup's just released poll that Obama's approval rating sank below 40%) but where is Ron Paul? Hm?
They probably assume, like most of us, that Ron Paul doesn't have a chance in hell so why waste air-time.

Old 08-15-2011, 08:30 AM

45,120 posts, read 26,284,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
They probably assume, like most of us, that Ron Paul doesn't have a chance in hell so why waste air-time.
Yeah why bother with the facts?

Old 08-15-2011, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Really? Or the fact that they all coincidentally endorse candidates that attend Bilderberger meetings? Bachmann has not gone to Bilderberger, but Rick Perry has.

I didn't know defending the constitution, getting out of our wars, and fixing the economy with real fixes, instead of bandages, was all kooky.

Old 08-15-2011, 08:37 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,299,828 times
Quote:
Really? Or the fact that they all coincidentally endorse candidates that attend Bilderberger meetings? Bachmann has not gone to Bilderberger, but Rick Perry has.

I didn't know defending the constitution, getting out of our wars, and fixing the economy with real fixes, instead of bandages, was all kooky.
All right, you made me look up Bilderberger, and you know what? BFD.

Ron Paul still doesn't have a chance in hell of getting the GOP nod.

Old 08-15-2011, 08:41 AM

Quote:

Rick Perry Announces Presidential Run - YouTube

Ron paul doesn't have a chance because news organizations like Fox News don't give him a chance, or air time. If Fox coddled Paul like they did other candidates, then he would have a chance. Average people think what the mainstream media tells them to think, this is no different on the Left, and on the Right.

Old 08-15-2011, 09:11 AM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,873,919 times
Quote:

You've never heard of the Bilderberger group?
Yet you are so knowledgeable that you can unequivocally tell us who does or does not have a political shot at the primaries?

I absolutely agree with you that if the neocon gatekeepers get their way, RP will absolutely not get the nod.

Unfortunately for them, they can't control the rank and file membership, only manipulate and the people are starting to pay more attention in large part because of the shift in conversation due to RP's influence.

Until RP's message started leaking out, nobody was talking about the Fed or even the debt, I think it was raised something like 5 times under Bush and nobody even blinked. We are now also seriously talking not so much about our deployment of troops in the Mid-East but the true issue of our foreign policy which despite much smoke and mirrors is basically unchanged and the same for both parties.

Another factor are the Independents and Libertarians such as myself who will hold their nose and register Republican to vote in the primaries.

RP may not get the nod, but for you to sit there and say he doesn't have a chance is only displaying your own ignorance.

Old 08-15-2011, 09:17 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,782,926 times
I saw this as well about 20 minutes, the bimbo stated "frontrunners at the iowa straw poll Michelle Bachmann and Rick Perry" WTF? Perry wasn't even at the event
It's shows fox's true agenda to push who they want their minions to support. Either the tea party nutcase with Bachmann, or the corporatist puppet Perry.

Old 08-15-2011, 09:23 AM

37,764 posts, read 40,880,036 times
Quote:
I believe Sean Hannity has interviewed every single candidate that was on the debate stage last week. Ron Paul, I believe, was on Cavuto's show this weekend. I saw his face, Meg Whitman's face, Carly Fiorina's face and someone else's face I can't remember in the advertising for it. Paul has been on Cavuto's show a lot this year. Frankly, I think it's because the business guy understands what the other opinion jockeys do not when it comes to the economy.

Old 08-15-2011, 09:28 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,391,289 times
How many of these "Ron Paul got dissed by the media" threads are Paulite fanatics going to post? They cannot comprehend that the overwhelming majority of Americans consider Ron Paul to be a lunatic. Paulite fanatics have lost all ability to think rationally. Over 99.5% of American voters did not vote for Ron Paul in 1988 or in 2008, and the same will also be true in 2012.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies